Browns are going to the playoffs

1) the Steelers are not what they were and short star player(s)

2) I’ve heard the Steelers have trouble on the road 

3) the Saints are a puzzle at times.  I love Drew but he is getting old in the tooth. That might factor in.  

4) the Jets were kind of horrible on the first half even scoring 14. And I think the Jets got cocky.  

Jmo 

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dont worry, we will have our chance to blow a number 1 overall soon enough.

We've only had the NO1 spot 4x.  We got:  OJ, Walt Patulski, Cousineau, and Bruce Smith.  Patulski was a bust, and Cousineau eventually led to Jim Kelly, so we're really at 3 out of 4 NO1's who helped.  I have to hope that we don't play bed enough to get the NO! next spring, but if that happens, 3 out of 4 great players is not a bad history.

I had hoped the Baker Mayfield would be our guy this year, but still too soon to have an opinion on Josh, so Keep Hope Alive!

2 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

We've only had the NO1 spot 4x.  We got:  OJ, Walt Patulski, Cousineau, and Bruce Smith.  Patulski was a bust, and Cousineau eventually led to Jim Kelly, so we're really at 3 out of 4 NO1's who helped.  I have to hope that we don't play bed enough to get the NO! next spring, but if that happens, 3 out of 4 great players is not a bad history.

I had hoped the Baker Mayfield would be our guy this year, but still too soon to have an opinion on Josh, so Keep Hope Alive!

Having the number 1 overall gives a team tons of leverage or a shot at the best player (in that teams view). I hope we dont draft 1 overall either but I do see it as a very realistic possibility. The Bills are void of talent all over the field and will have a hard time competing week in and week out. Lets hope Josh Allen develops.

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

Adam Gase is one of those people who likes to throw a lot of really short passes/run the ball - then blow the top off the d when they cheat up.  Just kind of his style i think - and it works with tannehill

Yup. That’s what Tannehill does. He mostly throws short.  That’s why Mike Wallace was such a bad fit there. He was a one trick pony deep threat and Tanny can’t do that well. 

On 9/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, Figster said:

Myself personally, the QB class is a real good one in my humble opinion.

time will tell who's good and who's great...( more then 3 quarters )

allen will never be great due to the fact that he is inaccurate.and he doesnt see the D very well--hence the checkoffs which practically get his receivers killed. he may be good to very good because of his athleticism,winning frame of mind,size and toughness.

darnold is a question mark. his problems are more mental....the turnovers.He MAY be able to grow out of that.Although I dont think that can be so easily unlearned.

Mayfield--altho short(not that short) is tough,can see the D , has a nice(not tremendous) arm,makes quick decisions and is accurate.

23 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.  There is a good chance that Rosen sees the field one way or the other.

Of all the "bridge" guys Bradford was my last choice for the Bills.

Oddly enough, Bradford was the first QB the Bills called when FA “ legal tampering”began. Dropped out when the $$ got silly. 

59 minutes ago, Tcali said:

allen will never be great due to the fact that he is inaccurate.and he doesnt see the D very well--hence the checkoffs which practically get his receivers killed. he may be good to very good because of his athleticism,winning frame of mind,size and toughness.

darnold is a question mark. his problems are more mental....the turnovers.He MAY be able to grow out of that.Although I dont think that can be so easily unlearned.

Mayfield--altho short(not that short) is tough,can see the D , has a nice(not tremendous) arm,makes quick decisions and is accurate.

Are you saying, that after 1.5 games, if he can’t read a defense, he will never learn? 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oddly enough, Bradford was the first QB the Bills called when FA “ legal tampering”began. Dropped out when the $$ got silly. 

I don't remember that.  Glad his $'s scared them off.

To me Bradford can only play well with a really good offense and that's it.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:46 AM, SouthNYfan said:

The same reason they call deion Sanders "deion" , beb roethlisburger "been", Shaquille O'Neal "Shaq", LeBron James "LeBron", or peyton Manning "Peyton"...

Want me to keep going?

It is not on the same level. There are HEADLINES reading "Baker" instead of "Mayfield." I can see that with LeBron because that is an easier identifier than "James," but it seems like "Mayfield" would be the better identifier since "Baker" is such a common name. It's very odd.

46 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

It is not on the same level. There are HEADLINES reading "Baker" instead of "Mayfield." I can see that with LeBron because that is an easier identifier than "James," but it seems like "Mayfield" would be the better identifier since "Baker" is such a common name. It's very odd.

Umm Baker isn't a common first name

He's the only one in the NFL currently

And I believe the only one ever

Edited by SouthNYfan

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Trend out there to oddly name a kid with the surname of someone famous, have met a few people this year named after soccer players or rock stars

his parents were big fans of Cream?

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Trend out there to oddly name a kid with the surname of someone famous, have met a few people this year named after soccer players or rock stars

his parents were big fans of Cream?

Yeah but there are zero in the NFL

Zero in NFL history if I'm not mistaken

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's the only one in the NFL currently

And I believe the only one ever

Right, but if a headline uses a name, it is the surname 99% of the time. Using "Baker" would typically refer to someone with the surname Baker, which would be far less identifiable than "Mayfield." Using "Mayfield" leaves no doubt about who is being referenced, unless I'm forgetting other Mayfields.