Browns are going to the playoffs

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

This place is so bipolar

Remember last season when everyone thought Jimmy G was the next big thing and the Pat's were going to regret letting him go? How are the 49ers doing?

Deshaun Watson was also going to be another great and then he got hurt. How are the Texans doing now with him back?

People were throwing tantrums that the Bill's didnt make a move to get I  front of the Jets after Darnolds amazing first game against the Lions, now everyone's laughing at the Jets because of Darnold

Now Mayfield helps a team get their first win in almost 2 years, giving them 2 wins in 3 seasons, and we are talking about him like he is a future HOFer and the Browns are going to the playoffs.....

Pats* sign Corey Coleman: They're so much smarter than the Bills!

47 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

What was even worse was Hue saying in week 1 of camp that Tyrod was the starter.  Why would you not wait to see what you had in both QBs through at least a couple preseason games before making that decision?  Nobody was forcing him to make that announcement.

I think it was a good move. He could always make the change later if He wanted but by announcing TT as the starter you took all the pressure off the rookie to do anything but learn the offense and the NFL game.

45 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Well this particular board is discussion about buffalo bills football.

The hope being good ideas and information being exchanged among fans of said team to further their enjoyment and knowledge

I fail to see how this thread does that

It’s not just Buffalo Bills football for starters....

He had himself a game...  I think he's going to get a gut check though once a team draws up a game plan on D for him as the QB. That stuff in the middle of  the field is going to get him some INTs imo. He had some throws that could've easily been picks if the DBs do their job. He likes to gamble and he let's his WRs make plays and that's all good so long as his WRs are winning those contests. He missed a few better passing options too but he'll improve on that every game.

His WRs also did this cool thing called getting separation! It was pretty sweet... ? A lot of his passes it seemed like his WRs had at least 3 to 4 feet between them and the nearest Jet. Even if they are covered if Mayfield thinks his guy has the slightest advantage hes throwing that ball. I could tell he has a lot more faith in his WRs than Tyrod...

His line did their job he seemed to have decent time to get his passes out. I think his trigger happy mentality helps with that too because he doesn't really seem to be put off by tight coverage so he's going to send it without hesitation and that helps the line too. Something they'll never get with Taylor. Like I said his guys aren't always going to win those exchanges but it looks nice when they do.

Basically what I saw was that the Browns have all the tools that we wish Allen had here in Buffalo including our cast off QB depending on how you feel about our QB Coach and Nasty Nate as Allens mentors. Well maybe next year.... Or if we draft in the top 10 for 20 years we'll get there lol 

Edited by GrizzReaper
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyrod played like absolute garbage.

I think as much as he pretends like he doesn't hear criticism, he heard it loud and clear last night. We all know he's not the most accurate passer, but I've never seen a QB "aim" the way he did in that first half. The fans wanted him out and he knew it.

I'm not excusing his poor play nor am I saying he hasn't fizzled out as a legit starter in the NFL. Merely pointing out that all the pressure got to him. That's actually a bad thing. It's not an excuse.

I do believe that a certain segment of fans here treated him more harshly because of race. I would also be willing to bet that those same people are glad we have Josh Allen and not Pat Mahomes, even as it's clear Mahomes is the better player. 

The fact that so many are delighting in Tyrod's failure speaks for itself.

Edited by LSHMEAB

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think as much as he pretends like he doesn't hear criticism, he heard it loud and clear last night. We all know he's not the most accurate passer, but I've never seen a QB "aim" the way he did in that first half. The fans wanted him out and he knew it.

I'm not excusing his poor play nor am I saying he hasn't fizzled out as a legit starter in the NFL. Merely pointing out that all the pressure got to him. That's actually a bad thing. It's not an excuse.

that's what he was in Buffalo, scared to throw the ball unless his target was totally open, not a shred of the concept of throwing the ball to where the target is going to be 30 yards downfield

that skill a boy starts to perfect when he's 6 years old

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

In your opinion.  His teams have hung tough both last year and this so far, despite all the losses, and that's impressive.  His teams have been well prepared.  He's smart enough to hire two first rate coordinators.  Coaches have different styles, and Hue's style may fit today's players -- especially younger players -- better than other some coaching styles.  For the first time in his tenure in Cleveland, he's got talent on both sides of the ball.

Look at the 1985 Bills, coached by Kay Stephenson & then Hank Bullough.  Even though they finished 2-14 the Bills were within a TD of their opponent in 6 of the losses.  Bad teams coached by bad coaches lose close games that better coaches win. They were poorly coached and as Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are.  Hue Jackson is 2-32-1 in 35 games with the Browns.  His record says he's the worst coach in the NFL, and if you don't want to go by his record, just take another look at Hard Knocks. He has no business head coaching in the NFL and the point is brought out even more so since he didn't even give Mayfield a chance to earn the #1 spot even though anyone who saw yesterday's game knows he made a big mistake sticking with his plan because he had a plan rather than showing any flexibility.   

• Like (+1) 1

Let's be real here.  The Jets lost their top corner early and their other DBs were beaten like a drum all game long.  Tyrod hits a couple throws downfield he missed badly and there's no comeback needed.

Baker does look legit though, he's got an absolute cannon and accurate too.  But the WRs didn't suddenly start getting open when he came in, they were open all night long.

Browns D though, they are going to cause problems.  I'm curious how long that line is going to let Baker survive, Tyrod made it 2.5 games, Baker took a couple of shots and the Browns got really lucky on some bounces with loose balls.

18 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Look at the 1985 Bills, coached by Kay Stephenson & then Hank Bullough.  Even though they finished 2-14 the Bills were within a TD of their opponent in 6 of the losses.  Bad teams coached by bad coaches lose close games that better coaches win. They were poorly coached and as Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are.  Hue Jackson is 2-32-1 in 35 games with the Browns.  His record says he's the worst coach in the NFL, and if you don't want to go by his record, just take another look at Hard Knocks. He has no business head coaching in the NFL and the point is brought out even more so since he didn't even give Mayfield a chance to earn the #1 spot even though anyone who saw yesterday's game knows he made a big mistake sticking with his plan because he had a plan rather than showing any flexibility.   

Agree with this.  His kicker cost him two games and was apparently playing through injury.  Hard Knocks and game management have shown Hue is a clown.  Watch a lot of football on Sundays and it's amazing how many games come down to a good coach managing the game and a clutch kicker.  I know where I stand on the former, the new Browns kicker certainly wasn't striping his attempts down the middle last night.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that's what he was in Buffalo, scared to throw the ball unless his target was totally open, not a shred of the concept of throwing the ball to where the target is going to be 30 yards downfield

I think most people who've played football heck even street ball as the all time QB or whatever have a feel for that. You don't hesitate you just send that sucker when you feel it and it's just a split second that feeling and then it's gone... Then you've hesitated and it's too late at that point. I should've been a NFL QB lol *Don's the flame retardant suit*

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

the context is in the game as it happens in real time

garbagetime is the biggest in football, and being down 17 points into the 4th and then junking out a one score loss is not an accomplishment

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I've watched every Bills game for over 20 years. I'm well aware of what Tyrod is and what he isn't. Even by his standards, that was bad. 

My main takeaway at this point is that he thinks too much. All the BS about not hearing criticism is just that; BS. It's not something that can be corrected. He's done as a starting NFL QB. 

I like the guy and appreciate what he brought to the Bills. He gave us a spark and a few decent years at the position. What I don't get is the people who hate him. I've never seen that level of hate for a white QB. PERHAPS the hate for Losman was on par with the hate for Tyrod, but he was only whiteISH.

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the context is in the game as it happens in real time

garbagetime is the biggest in football, and being down 17 points into the 4th and then junking out a one score loss is not an accomplishment

There was no garbage time in any of the 1985 Bills close losses.  

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Let's be real here.  The Jets lost their top corner early and their other DBs were beaten like a drum all game long.  Tyrod hits a couple throws downfield he missed badly and there's no comeback needed.

Baker does look legit though, he's got an absolute cannon and accurate too.  But the WRs didn't suddenly start getting open when he came in, they were open all night long.

Browns D though, they are going to cause problems.  I'm curious how long that line is going to let Baker survive, Tyrod made it 2.5 games, Baker took a couple of shots and the Browns got really lucky on some bounces with loose balls.

Agree with this.  His kicker cost him two games and was apparently playing through injury.  Hard Knocks and game management have shown Hue is a clown.  Watch a lot of football on Sundays and it's amazing how many games come down to a good coach managing the game and a clutch kicker.  I know where I stand on the former, the new Browns kicker certainly wasn't striping his attempts down the middle last night.

Uhh Trumaine Johnson? He was back out there shortly after the knee to the head. 

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I think it was a good move. He could always make the change later if He wanted but by announcing TT as the starter you took all the pressure off the rookie to do anything but learn the offense and the NFL game.

Hopefully Browns fans don't look back at the end of the year and wish they had a do-over for the first 2 games of the season.

14 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Mayfield is the real deal. Defense is legit. Browns will win the North

Having now seen all 3 QBs play, Mayfield is way out in front of the new guys.

Then comes Darnold, who looks like a good but still learning QB who needs time to develop.

Last comes Allen, who has lots of problems and is playing too early.

34 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I do believe that a certain segment of fans here treated him more harshly because of race. I would also be willing to bet that those same people are glad we have Josh Allen and not Pat Mahomes, even as it's clear Mahomes is the better player. 

The fact that so many are delighting in Tyrod's failure speaks for itself.

Oh come on.  I wouldn't put race in the equation.

There were many throws last night where Tyrod had a man open, Tyrod saw him, and then threw the ball to him.  The problem being that the throw was off by 3 feet or more and it went as an incompletion.

You can't have a guy like that playing QB for your in the NFL, unless he's your backup and is only playing in an emergency situation.

Tyrod is just not good enough to be a starter in the NFL.  He's always been right there on the edge.

What concerns me is that Allen's accuracy is not much better.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've watched every Bills game for over 20 years. I'm well aware of what Tyrod is and what he isn't. Even by his standards, that was bad. 

My main takeaway at this point is that he thinks too much. All the BS about not hearing criticism is just that; BS. It's not something that can be corrected. He's done as a starting NFL QB. 

I like the guy and appreciate what he brought to the Bills. He gave us a spark and a few decent years at the position. What I don't get is the people who hate him. I've never seen that level of hate for a white QB. PERHAPS the hate for Losman was on par with the hate for Tyrod, but he was only whiteISH.

It's less that he's black and more that he's not a good QB. Kudos to the Browns for figuring out in 2.25 games what some Bills fans still seem to have trouble understanding after 3 seasons.

38 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Here. We. Go