Browns are going to the playoffs

6 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

That was probably the best first game performance by a rookie QB I have ever seen.

Which means he has no where to go but down! He was hot for sure! Still can’t shake the feeling that they will regret taking Mayfield #1. But definitely could be wrong! He may get added to that very large heap of bust picks behind Brown headquarters.

Sadly OBD has a big heap behind their’s too!

48 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

The big question is, is Hue Jackson as racist as McDermott for replacing Tuh-Rod with a white QB?

No because he isn’t a white coach!! (Sarcasm)

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

Why do so many people call Mayfield "Baker"? Seriously, why is this a thing?

The same reason they call deion Sanders "deion" , beb roethlisburger "been", Shaquille O'Neal "Shaq", LeBron James "LeBron", or peyton Manning "Peyton"...

Want me to keep going?

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Cincy looks good too. But Cleveland is 2 botched kicks away from being 2-0. And that was with mediocre QB play

Steelers yes, but the  NO one been to tie the game not win it.   I am going say the Browns finish 7-8-1 and they throw a parade for them ? 

8 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Mayfield is a stud. 

Underrated arm, elite accuracy, and in complete control of the offense. He's surrounded by weapons and couldn't have had a better debut with 200 yards in essentially a half of football. 

The three QB's I were banging on and on about the last three years were Goff, Mahomes and Mayfield. Glad to say I was right.

Pump the brakes.

I think Hue is in way over his head.  If Bowles and the Jets didn't turtle up on offense last night as soon as they got up 14 (or if the Browns were playing a team with a real offense), they win that game going away even with Baker's spark.

The Browns will likely be favored in Oakland next weekend, though the Raiders will likely be desperate and have that game circled as their chance to break into the win column.  Once you get past that game I'm not sure the Browns will be favored in a game the rest of the year.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

And the Jets are the Jets. Not exactly a high caliber franchise.

If there's one thing that Bills fans know about, it's "not exactly a high caliber franchise" since they've been cheering for one every football season for the last 20 years.

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mayfield will have to be MVP to overcome Hue's coaching and get Cleveland a playoff spot.  Coaching is still huge in the NFL and the Browns have the league's worst coach.

In your opinion.  His teams have hung tough both last year and this so far, despite all the losses, and that's impressive.  His teams have been well prepared.  He's smart enough to hire two first rate coordinators.  Coaches have different styles, and Hue's style may fit today's players -- especially younger players -- better than other some coaching styles.  For the first time in his tenure in Cleveland, he's got talent on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

He was throwing in tight windows and should have had better stats if his guys didn’t drop balls. Outside of the Williams hit I was a fan of Landry and anyone who said he wasn’t worth the contract is eating crow right now. 

Bills fans have been brainwashed into thinking no WR is worth the going rate for top proven vets for their position.   Well, now they've got their potential franchise QB and he has crap for a receiving corps. 

Edited by SoTier

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The Browns are now my second favorite team.  I was very high on Baker in college and watched pretty much every one of his games his senior year.  He is a great player and competitor.  Everything you would want in a QB.  He was simply fantastic last night 17-23 for 201 yards in just over a half.  I remember 3 easy catches that were dropped also.  Pretty much every pass was where it needed to be and he threw with touch and anticipation.  Mayfield is going to be a great one.  I'm glad he went to a fan base that is as passionate as the Browns.  If Hue can get out of his own way, they could be a good team this year.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

In your opinion.  His teams have hung tough both last year and this so far, despite all the losses, and that's impressive.  His teams have been well prepared.  He's smart enough to hire two first rate coordinators.  Coaches have different styles, and Hue's style may fit today's players -- especially younger players -- better than other some coaching styles.  For the first time in his tenure in Cleveland, he's got talent on both sides of the ball.

He is a bad coach and I have given in game examples that prove this in previous threads.  Talking about them "hanging tough" during an 0-16 season as a credit to Hue is laughable.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The Browns are now my second favorite team.  I was very high on Baker in college and watched pretty much every one of his games his senior year.  He is a great player and competitor.  Everything you would want in a QB.  He was simply fantastic last night 17-23 for 201 yards in just over a half.  I remember 3 easy catches that were dropped also.  Pretty much every pass was where it needed to be and he threw with touch and anticipation.  Mayfield is going to be a great one.  I'm glad he went to a fan base that is as passionate as the Browns.  If Hue can get out of his own way, they could be a good team this year.

I totally agree with your assessment of Mayfield.  I'm usually very reluctant to jump on the bandwagons of young QBs because so many fail to continue to develop and become true franchise QBs, but Mayfield's performance against the Jets was absolutely amazing.  I've never seen any rookie QB -- or any QB in his first start -- come into a game and simply take it over. 

15 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He's got the goods.  Quick release, gamer mentality, great arm.  

The pocket presence will develop in time - he had a few bail outs with penalties and luck.  He'll make some mistakes here and there, but it doesn't seem like its going to phase him.  Good for them. 

Now hopefully Josh Allen can start exhibiting some of the same stuff.  

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Mayfield is the real deal. Defense is legit. Browns will win the North

Tough division.  Considering 2 of KC/Den/LAC probably make it, they're probably playing for 1 wildcard in that division.  Their schedule does them no favors either, as they don't get to play some of the weaker teams in the AFC, and the NFC south is pretty good so far this year.

Their defense looks improved, and Mayfield was the shot in the arm that their offense needed.  But they tied pitt when they probably should have won... and lost to NO when they probably should of won. 

A team making the playoffs off of a 0-16 season would probably need those games to go their way much like we did with tampa/atl/kc last year.  Games we won in the 4th quarter.  

Edited by dneveu