Browns are going to the playoffs

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thomas Lott Omnisport

Updated at 12:27 a.m. ET

Updated at 12:27 a.m. ET

Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a 14-point comeback and their first win in 635 days, but head coach Hue Jackson won't name him the starter yet.

Jackson told reporters after the game he would have to "watch the tape" before naming a starter for Week 4.

Mayfield came into the game in the second quarter against the Jets Thursday with Cleveland trailing 14-0. He led a drive on the two-minute drill that got the Browns three points and eventually led the team to a 21-17 victory

I can only assume he's giving TT a little respect.  I don't want to shower Mayfield with too much praise yet, but man he fit some tight balls in there.  Also, the Favre-like fake pumps showed some real poise in the pocket.  If his receivers hadn't have dropped 3 other passes he would have been 20-23 on the night.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Or one botched QB.  Mayfield does look really good.  Let's see what Sam can do.

Mayfield was my boy. Really thought we had a shot at him due his height and so called attitude problems. Glad we have Allen , would be fun to have another good QB class take over the NFL the way 84 and 2004 did. Let's hope we get Jim Kelly and not Losman.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tcali said:

mayfield imho was the only possibly great qb in the draft this yr. he could be as good as brees.

the other 3 have significant weaknesses. too bad we didnt get him.

Myself personally, the QB class is a real good one in my humble opinion.

time will tell who's good and who's great...( more then 3 quarters )

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Well it is the Browns, I would not be surprised if ole Hue decides to go with TT again next week.

Just said the same thing in another thread.

TT could miss 5 games, Baker goes 5-0, hue would still bring it back to start, because Cleveland.

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The fans would set his house on fire

Well, he's been coaching from inside a dumpster fire for a few years now, so he's used to the flames.

Hell, he called much of them.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

You're betting on the Browns and Hue Jackson to make the playoffs.

Think about that for a second....

The Jets did not prepare for Baker. Much different skill set than Tyrod.

Like...he's actually a good passer.

And the Jets are the Jets. Not exactly a high caliber franchise.

Their first win in 635 days and now they’re a lock for the playoffs... lol. 

Seriously though, they did look much better once Baker came in the game. 

But it was only one half of one game. Let’s wait and see how things play out. The Jets weren’t exactly playing great. Darnold really struggled. 

I just don’t think the Browns are ready yet. They hurt themselves far too often and their coaching is suspect (IMO). 

Looking at their schedule, I think right around 8 wins is their ceiling this season, and I think that’s being pretty generous. But hey, who knows. Maybe tonight was a turning pout for them. I really hope it was. Their fans deserve it. It brought s smile to my face seeing how happy they were to get the win. Happy for them... 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I make it a habit to not overreact to TNF games.  All I know for sure is the Browns defense is very good. Mayfield looked great, but road teams on a short week rarely perform well so we'll see if he can continue this high level of play the rest of the year.

One thing I thought of when Mayfield was obvious to everybody watching that he's a significant upgrade over Taylor was when Hue Jackson brought Mayfield and Stanton into his office to tell Mayfield he won the backup job.  LOL.