TNF: Jets @ Browns (TT vs Darnold)

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He's telling you what he'd say to IceBowl 69 (which btw is it really 69 or are we just doing a fruedian slip?)

dude come on. he's ice bowl 69. 

i dont give a !@#$ about semantics. any opposing fan who comes here is now ice bowl 69. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

OMG that is funny!!!!

This is funnier!

Thomas Lott Omnisport

Updated at 12:27 a.m. ET

Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a 14-point comeback and their first win in 635 days, but head coach Hue Jackson won't name him the starter yet.

Jackson told reporters after the game he would have to "watch the tape" before naming a starter for Week 4.

Mayfield came into the game in the second quarter against the Jets Thursday with Cleveland trailing 14-0. He led a drive on the two-minute drill that got the Browns three points and eventually led the team to a 21-17 victory

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What a game between the 2 guys I wanted most... with Mayfield ahead of Darnold for me--not that we ever had a chance to draft either guy.

Taylor was particularly bad tonight--reminded me of the New Orleans game. Deserved to be replaced... though I wonder if he took himself out based on that crowd, which was inevitable sooner or later given the #1 draft pick sitting behind him.

Man, Mayfield is impressive. Darnold clearly has a ton of work to do.

I just hope Allen can start producing and making those quick decisions like we saw tonight from Baker. 3... probably 4 top 10 draft choices now linked together for (hopefully) the next decade PLUS.

Let's just hope we have the right Josh since Mayfield and Darnold were never options.

Pretty much sums up my feelings my top 3 were Mayfield ...Rosen ...darnold In that order but I'm behind Allen 100% hope to see him continue to grow 

Edited by bills11

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a 14-point comeback and their first win in 635 days, but head coach Hue Jackson won't name him the starter yet.

Jackson told reporters after the game he would have to "watch the tape" before naming a starter for Week 4.

Coaches don't usually name starters in post-game press conferences. If players are informed through the media that they lost their job it reflects poorly on the organization. "Watch the tape" is a euphemism for "Ask me later."  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This is funnier!

Thomas Lott Omnisport

Mayfield came into the game in the second quarter against the Jets Thursday with Cleveland trailing 14-0. He led a drive on the two-minute drill that got the Browns three points and eventually led the team to a 21-17 victory

I think the right thing to do would be to notify Taylor so he's not hearing about it through the media,

Coach talk...

Just finished watching the game on tape delay.

Excellent, entertaining game, especially for TNF!  

Before Tyrod got hurt, I thought it was hilarious how Aikman and Buck were suggesting Tyrod's time was up in Cleveland and that the fans were calling for a QB change.  My God Tyrod is just horrible.

That Jets team looks pretty decent--we won't be beating them this year!

I think Mayfield has to start here on out.  He looked ready and the team was just night and day with him in there.

I'd like to repeat, Tyrod is just horrible.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Coaches don't usually name starters in post-game press conferences. If players are informed through the media that they lost their job it reflects poorly on the organization. "Watch the tape" is a euphemism for "Ask me later."  

Yeah, I don't know why people are expecting the coach to name a new starting QB in an emotional, post-game PC.

I do think Mayfield will go from now on though.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah, I don't know why people are expecting the coach to name a new starting QB in an emotional, post-game PC.

I do think Mayfield will go from now on though.

Amazing start for the rookie, 

I think you might have a real pissed off fan base If you went back to TT

Edited by Figster

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You might be new here but to get you up to speed we're pretty big bullies to any fan that's not a suckup patronizing Packers fan.

Every year IceBowl gives the same post: Hello fellow cold weather team. I think you guys are going to really crush it this year.

Thanks Packers fan, I hate you for having Rodgers and Favre back to back, and we're not going to crush it. Stop telling us we're super cool you liar.

LOL 

Fun game last night - bummer for Ty, though I’m sure some team will bring him in next year, but it was fun to watch the rookies play.

And while both played well (took Darnold until the second half), there were several picks dropped last night.  Might have been a different story w 4 picks added in...

Still, damn game was good enough to keep me up too late, even knowing I had a 6am flight today ?

Darnold must be as happy as anyone for Mayfield. His **** performance went under the radar. The Jets designed a scheme where most of his throws were screens or within 5 yards of the LOS. He was still getting balls tipped and nearly intercepted. 

He only threw downfield after the Browns took the lead late. A couple quick interceptions and back on the bus. 

• Like (+1) 1