TNF: Jets @ Browns (TT vs Darnold)

Just now, joesixpack said:

Reading tea leaves?

Sort of.  I got the impression that McD would have trotted Peterman back out against the Chargers.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he was ready to start Allen just yet.

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

So be intellectually honest and admit you have not idea if tanking would have changed anything or not. 

I just said that. Try reading harder.

No way of knowing, since they didn't tank.

So all this pining over Mayfield is...i don't know...ridiculous?

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not unhappy with Allen. But doesn't a part of you want to ask, "Why can't we be the team with the new QB who looks so immediately ready?"  Watson. Mahomes. Mayfield. Prescott. .... Allen?

How are Watson and Prescott looking this year?

1 minute ago, October 1918 said:

To celebrate their first win in over 600 days, I certainly hope Browns fans drink something better than Bud Light.   ...break open the good stuff, fellas!

I would rather have goat piss strained through Fat Bastard's soiled shorts than drink a BudLite. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No way of knowing, since they didn't tank.

So all this pining over Mayfield is...i don't know...ridiculous?

I don't like tanking because Sundays suck for a full year or more. And midseason nobody would have guessed we needed a 1 for Baker. And Beane never would have drafted Baker anyway. So I'm glad we got meaningful late season football for once and got the guy Beane wanted to tank for anyway. Funny how we can do alright and still draft our dude.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not unhappy with Allen. But doesn't a part of you want to ask, "Why can't we be the team with the new QB who looks so immediately ready?"  Watson. Mahomes. Mayfield. Prescott. .... Allen?

After 2 games? Where he has started just one game?

I see your point, but I'm fine with watching Allen grow. I think he will be fine.