Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

was the plan to be this bad? was the plan to draft a young qb and give him next to nothing to play with ?  was the plan to pass on a good qb in order to pay more to take a chance on one following year.   These are not good plans 

Did they plan on being this bad after 2 games?  Of course not.  They signed a couple of D FAs they wanted and spent what little they had left

on "band aids".  Most of the "band Aids" are not working out.

Drafting a QB who it is fairly obvious they wanted to sit for a while.  That plan "failed" with AJM playing so bad.

Passing on Mahomes.   This has been talked to death.  McDermott knew that Whaley was on the way out and that he and the new GM had to make

the young drafted QB "their guy".  He had to wait until this year (which was projected to be one of the best for QBs in a long time).

49 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

that is a hand in the sand approach .  They did spend money heading into the season.  They thought they could put up a good d and win some games.  No body would ever want to field a team this poor.  The fact that they spent on d instead of helping the young qb is another blunder 

You are right about the D being much worse than they expected.  The beginning of this year has started out bad.  Very bad.

I for one have come to terms with the 1st 4 games being a mess and said so during the preseason.

This season is going to have to be scored in 3 separate groups.

1st 4 games.  No wins.

Games 5-10 up to the Bye week.  I expect them to get something going and win 2-3.

Games 11-16 after the Bye.  Once again 2-3 wins.

That's about 5-6 wins this year.  If McDermott get's them playing together and Josh Allen can improve maybe 1 or 2 more.

That would be a successful rebuilding year.

I would recommend waiting at least until game 12 before trashing everything Beane and McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

Honest answer....

not yet, but right now I think they’re on the fence. 

If they blow net offseason and they’re terrible again next year, they probably become part of that conversation.

Ive been highly critical of some of their moves, but also understand what they’re trying to do. For me they have the 2019 season. But the more they lose the deeper hole they are digging themselves. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Did they plan on being this bad after 2 games?  Of course not.  They signed a couple of D FAs they wanted and spent what little they had left

on "band aids".  Most of the "band Aids" are not working out.

Drafting a QB who it is fairly obvious they wanted to sit for a while.  That plan "failed" with AJM playing so bad.

Passing on Mahomes.   This has been talked to death.  McDermott knew that Whaley was on the way out and that he and the new GM had to make

the young drafted QB "their guy".  He had to wait until this year (which was projected to be one of the best for QBs in a long time).

You are right about the D being much worse than they expected.  The beginning of this year has started out bad.  Very bad.

I for one have come to terms with the 1st 4 games being a mess and said so during the preseason.

This season is going to have to be scored in 3 separate groups.

1st 4 games.  No wins.

Games 5-10 up to the Bye week.  I expect them to get something going and win 2-3.

Games 11-16 after the Bye.  Once again 2-3 wins.

That's about 5-6 wins this year.  If McDermott get's them playing together and Josh Allen can improve maybe 1 or 2 more.

That would be a successful rebuilding year.

I would recommend waiting at least until game 12 before trashing everything Beane and McDermott.

Good post on a couple levels.

I should have bolded the " at least wait until week 12 before taking shots at McBeanes " I am waiting till next years draft and FA before i get my Cupie Dolls and poking them with my Pitchforks.

I have a ton of patience after trying to raise for Kids into adults perhaps.

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

"the decision to pass on Mahomes." Should every team that passed on Mahomes fire their coach and GM?

Obviously ?

4 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

"the decision to pass on Mahomes." Should every team that passed on Mahomes fire their coach and GM?

Yes, and the ones who DID draft him should be fired for not moving up farther to avoid the risk of missing out. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Honest answer....

not yet, but right now I think they’re on the fence. 

If they blow net offseason and they’re terrible again next year, they probably become part of that conversation.

Ive been highly critical of some of their moves, but also understand what they’re trying to do. For me they have the 2019 season. But the more they lose the deeper hole they are digging themselves. 

agreed.

I was pleased how hard they played last year. How smart they appeared on defense without a pass rush. Team improved.
11 men on the field all season.
Not sure about player acquisition and retaining the right players.
 Rebuilding should not be a sweep of the hand clearing of the previous regimes desk regardless.
 They are struggling overall it appears. I suspect Coaching positions are not yet settled either , excepting Daboll.

Pegula has given these Kids a long leash though. It seems to me .

54 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is a VERY Stupid statement.  This is not even close to what big market media put out there towards professional franchises.  This is nothing.  

Yea? Well, if we're gonna act like idiots then you're less than nothing - you're a sticky dingle on Rob Ryan's, sasquatch haired hinders the morning after three racks of ribs and a 12 of genny creamers.  Feckless, *VERY* Low IQ jerkface.  

Now go back to reading your big market media while waiting for your high profile management meetings.  Gosh.  IDIOT!

Edited by sleeby
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Yes, and the ones who DID draft him should be fired for not moving up farther to avoid the risk of missing out. 

He was just that sure of a pick. All the smart folks knew it.

I missed it of course.

I am fine with Allen

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

I miss the good old days when I could point out, factually and accurately and without the mods getting upset, that someone who posts something this idiotic is a mentally deranged little turd.  Instead, I'm required to be nice, and tell you "Good point, keep up the good work!"  But I don't actually have to mean it, and it's entirely possible I'm thinking "Geez, what a mentally deranged little turd" while I type it.

So...Good point, keep up the good work!    :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 7

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

This time of year is awesome because all of the fans that don't know anything make posts like this...

and then you can easily identify them and block them forever. Bye bye!

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I miss the good old days when I could point out, factually and accurately and without the mods getting upset, that someone who posts something this idiotic is a mentally deranged little turd.  Instead, I'm required to be nice, and tell you "Good point, keep up the good work!"  But I don't actually have to mean it, and it's entirely possible I'm thinking "Geez, what a mentally deranged little turd" while I type it.

So...Good point, keep up the good work!    :thumbsup:

...pretty sure his medical furlough is over at 6PM anyway.................

13 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Mahomes has played 2 games btw.  Also Alex Smith had the highest QB rating in the NFL last year - without Watkins.  Just some food for thought.

Oh - and they beat the patriots and eagles to start the season.  

Edited by dneveu

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

He was just that sure of a pick. All the smart folks knew it.

I missed it of course.

I am fine with Allen

I do wish we had the luxury of bringing Allen along more in the fashion that Mahommes was, slowly behind a great mentor and then placed into an offense full of weapons. How many of our offensive players could start for the Chiefs? 

They are doing exactly what they wanted to do. Tear it down and rebuild it properly with what they believe is a solid foundation for sustained success.

I agree that it probably had to happen. I have no idea if its going to work. Just because you do things the right way doesnt mean they always will work.

Edited by matter2003