Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

38 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

So in your assertion here, you still have Polian down as the overall worst,   correct? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if that is the case they should have a better backup plan than Peterman . Yet another bad descion 

Go back and see how free agency played out... What bridge QBs were available at a decent price while also saving on the bloated cap they inherited..? Case Keenum? 2 years at 36 million with Denver. Yeah, that’ll help the horrible cap situation. You tell me, Mr. GM... BTW, those QBs would also have to WANT to play here, knowing they’d likely be replaced in a year by the young 1st round prospect. 

Just now, no name said:

who pray tell thinks things are great?

those that think they're great are being premature and those that think they're the worst, are being premature.

it's going to take more time, whether you like what is being done or not, time will tell whether this regime succeeds or in the case of all of those in the past 20 + years, fail.

so, want to make your claim now, then hey, they failed.

(of course they failed to you because they didn't pick your boy in the chiefs uniform)

myself, I'll give it some time and have accepted that this has been a tear down and this season may be and has been so far pretty rough but I have to see what they do this next off season and draft before I start feeling like the sky is falling.

rebuilds are a B word aren't they

all fair points.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

again nobody is labeling him a bust.  There were and still are real concerns about him.  The guy has a ton of tools , time will tell. 

OK, I'm fine with that and I agree; but that is not the gist of the post!

Just now, wppete said:

Not the worst but as of now looks like Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey did a better job. 

Slowly put down your crack pipe and step into therapy!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Sadly results didn't turn out as well as the writer of the article thought.  Vallejo is he still on the team.  Peterman is useless, Zay may end up being a fine number 3 receiver we will see.  

That's part of my point though--you and I could take a crack at this GM thing and have just as much (or little) success for how many college All-Americans = busts in the NFL. That said, I am happy we have Tre White--lockdown CB on his side of the field anyway. Nobody's even tried to really test him yet this year (or had to). Compared to the rest, Dion also seems to be more than holding his own when not hurt. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So in your assertion here, you still have Polian down as the overall worst,   correct? 

no since he took over .  so that would mean before Polian .   My assertion is this group is not good.  There is a high probabilty they will have the team with the worst record. 

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

OK, I'm fine with that and I agree; but that is not the gist of the post!

Slowly put down your crack pipe and step into therapy!

he is correct.  did buddy and Chan ever field a team this bad ?

42 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

While he has been GREAT in 2 games...who says Mahomes is a sure thing?  It appears to be trending that way but look at Watson...amazing last year...not so much this year.  It takes several years to evaluate.  If you are going to use a certain approach to your logic in evaluating players you should do it consistently for all players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

would it be better to ignore the situation ?

Just try to accept the fact this team needs to go through this ie the 1989 Cowboys; big segment of Cowboy fans hated and blew snot bubbles about Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones until 1991! 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Has the Bills fan base really gone this crazy???

It was a PLANNED rebuild. 

How can anybody be this upset in the middle of a PLANNED rebuild???

was the plan to be this bad? was the plan to draft a young qb and give him next to nothing to play with ?  was the plan to pass on a good qb in order to pay more to take a chance on one following year.   These are not good plans 

So you are saying that Beane was "secretly" calling the shots for the Bills when he was with the Carolina Panthers during last years draft? Did he quietly phone McDermott and Whaley and tell them he thought he might be the next GM of the Bills so pass on Mahomes? Comical.

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

no since he took over .  so that would mean before Polian .   My assertion is this group is not good.  There is a high probabilty they will have the team with the worst record. 

he is correct.  did buddy and Chan ever field a team this bad ?

Nope we were in the almost .500 mode for the decade; lots of mediocrity and not a playoff spot. In 2005 the whole organization should gone through what is happening now; new young GM, new scouting, new coaching ... ah what's the use!

• Like (+1) 1