Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

okay sad funny. Thats all i am giving you.

and for The Wiz 
 "Can see what you're suggesting. But need time to mull it over "  Thats my sense of humor right there. I know I know, but i chuckle at me..

Oh jeez.  That one pretty much went through my head it was so obvious.

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

This is the worst thread I have seen since Polian left.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Good to know.  Your second point made me question if you did or not.  Based on what they did with some of the contracts they handed out I honestly think they were in win now mode fighting for their jobs. 

They made a few splashes to make it look like, "this is the player we need to put us over the top" when in reality they were basically eating up cap space for players looking for a pay day.

I'm mostly pointing at Whaley and I really can't blame Russ.  For the product that has been on the field during his tenure he did a hell of a job in keeping butts in the seats.

Rex is a whole other story.

They were in a win now mode. even with EJM at the helm.

But humor is has another feature.

Russ and Whaley have lost their prestige from hookers and getting baked.

Short term winning in their personal life took them to the unemployment line. and it was a failing method for the Bills football team at that point in history.

i mean why draft Watkins? Or hit on the Office girls/guys whatever.

Whaley built one heck of a pro scouting team imo and was making nice changes to the College scouting team . If Rex was not forcing his hand to find him Washington Ragland and Lawson ? He might have found more gems for the Bills. Marrone and Rex were just a bad reflection on Whaleys work. and Brandon sure could sell tickets

27 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

really Mahommes only played two games; Watson 8 before getting hurt. How many more games  should we give good ole boy Josh..... I could care less that a defensive coach drafted him and this regime is not smart enough to let him learn while the QB that got us to playoffs in 17 yrs continue to play..Thats a management 1st time coach 1st time GM problem.   Stop with the excuses either he can play or not... Well with this regime its obvious with the Peterman ,Ill take this Garbage to my grave , experiment they can't judge talent

It's evident you missed my point entirely.

I'm not sure what you think about Watson but last year he was the guy the Bills should of drafted by many on here.

He is 0-2 this year with pedestrian stats so far.  He has a 3-7 record with wins against CLE, CIN and TEN.

I guess if he was on the Bills you would have him as a bust already.

But he is not on the Bills................so is he a bust?

42 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

why do some of y'all fail to realize that it was Whaley who was still in office when we passed on Mahomes.  

McD was the one calling those shots.  Whaley was a lame duck figurehead in that war room...

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

There will be pockets of informed, intelligent discussion among those who understood what this season was going to be all along. Come and find us. 

Sadly, those pockets are getting shallower and shallower.   TSW is a mess...

Edited by Lurker

40 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

He was told by the new man in charge to make that trade ,   sorry revisionist history will not work here …… I was at the draft in Philly ready for our new QB. The buzz was all over the draft that a coup was going on and whaley could not draft what he wanted...…. You do remember that the whole personnel dept was fired correct    

Look out, this guy was actually at the draft

Too soon to say... Give them time... and prepare yourself for a rocky build... We have draft choices... We need OL & DL lineman... WRs... and an All-Pro RB... If Beane and McDermott fail to draft and develop a multi-year playoff team in 4-5 years... They may be the worst in Bills history...

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We have plenty of 2019 cap money and draft picks to shore up the roster.

The 80 million is sure nice to have but let's face facts,you need some savings for down the road...meaning sooner or later you will have to pay your stud draft picks.Build through draft is what I say ,since most FA's have some kind of baggage but still end up getting overpaid.I sure hope the Beane Counter doesn't approach next year's "new season" as if he got the keys to the chocolate factory handed to him.I expect to see a very solid team in 2020,if things are still in rough shape at that time..he has to go.jmho.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

The 80 million is sure nice to have but let's face facts,you need some savings for down the road...meaning sooner or later you will have to pay your stud draft picks.Build through draft is what I say ,since most FA's have some kind of baggage but still end up getting overpaid.I sure hope the Beane Counter doesn't approach next year's "new season" as if he got the keys to the chocolate factory handed to him.I expect to see a very solid team in 2020,if things are still in rough shape at that time..he has to go.jmho.

I agree.  I think I've read quotes from him about  building through the draft.  I see them using their cap money to get solid contributors in multiple areas, but not going crazy getting some supposed superstar.

3 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

We're not even 2 years in dude......pump the brakes and take a xanax.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

3 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

temper tantrum ?  two facts.  They passed on Mahomes , they are the the worst team in the league.  This is a good thing ? 

If Allen, White, and Edmunds all hit, they won that deal running away. Two games into both Allen and Mahomes' season might be a tad premature.

1 hour ago, liverpoolkev said:

really Mahommes only played two games; Watson 8 before getting hurt. How many more games  should we give good ole boy Josh..... I could care less that a defensive coach drafted him and this regime is not smart enough to let him learn while the QB that got us to playoffs in 17 yrs continue to play..Thats a management 1st time coach 1st time GM problem.   Stop with the excuses either he can play or not... Well with this regime its obvious with the Peterman ,Ill take this Garbage to my grave , experiment they can't judge talent

Are you discounting the entire year+ they've had in their respective professional programs? It's too bad Allen doesn't have more than a year of learning under the helm of Andy Reid at this point. Mahommes may not have played last season, but he was learning to be a pro QB none the less. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

They were in a win now mode. even with EJM at the helm.

But humor is has another feature.

Russ and Whaley have lost their prestige from hookers and getting baked.

Short term winning in their personal life took them to the unemployment line. and it was a failing method for the Bills football team at that point in history.

i mean why draft Watkins? Or hit on the Office girls/guys whatever.

Whaley built one heck of a pro scouting team imo and was making nice changes to the College scouting team . If Rex was not forcing his hand to find him Washington Ragland and Lawson ? He might have found more gems for the Bills. Marrone and Rex were just a bad reflection on Whaleys work. and Brandon sure could sell tickets

I agree.  I would have to say he put together a team that was good at finding talent in the league that fit the team but was really bad at drafts/extensions(contracts in general).  I'd also say that his trades were probably about 70-80% positives.

wholeheartedly agree on the Rex effect when it came to building that defense.  I don't think Marrone was a bad reflection on his work.  I honestly feel like Marrone was trying to do to Whaley what Rex did to him and just take over his ability to do his job.  Granted the whole "FIRE ME!" thing between the three of them was likely a result of EJM and Whaley tied himself to that anchor the second he(Nix, I honestly don't care who actually made the call) drafted him.

I honestly think he would still be good as the head of pro scouting for a team but don't think he has the "Political speak" that most GMs/coaches in the league need.  I mean he makes Terry sound smart during some of his pressers.

Edited by The Wiz

Here is what I see. Last year the Bills D in the first two weeks of the season gave up no passing TD's while intercepting the ball 4 times. This year the Bills D has given up 6 passing TD's while generating 0 interceptions. And yet the cast of Defenders hasn't changed all that much from 2017. Yet there are those fans who are so freaked out that they openly speak of firing the GM/HC after that pair took this team to the playoffs for the first time in recent memory. I've watched this team suck for most of my adult life. I saw this team play back in the day at the "old rockpile". I've seen ALL the BAD teams over the years. Anyone who thinks that this pathetic start is the worst thing that has ever happened quite honestly don't know what they are F'in talking about. Chill out already!