Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So do I Augie.

The "Bills should of done.................... {Insert QB name here}...................." crowd is using Mahomes as the flavor of the week.

I notice there hasn't been any Deshaun Watson threads being started.  Where are all the should of drafted Dak Prescott doomsayers?

I remember on the old board all kinds of posters saying the Bills should of ""tanked" to get Winston/Mariota.

My point is it will take more than a few games to judge Josh Allen despite what some say!

They had a top 5 offense with alex smith - and now currently have a top 5 offense with mahomes.  They added watkins and jettisoned smith.  

..how about all of the prognosticating pundits forecasting 2-14, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 along with "wouldn't surprise me if we go 0-8?........and now their bi-polarism comes to light flipping out over an 0-2 start?..... McD and McBeane are the worst since Polian after one draft and two off seasons together?.....ignorance like this is best kept secretly versus advertising one's fickleness....good Lord.......

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Been respecting your perspective for a couple years now.

Can see what you're suggesting. But need time to mull it over.

one thing to consider. were these guys thinking long term with team building ? Or trying to win now with short sighted efforts ?

I think you missed the joke about Brandon and Whaley being the ones that that were the players that were winning with the hookers and weed.

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Probably not. Levy/Jauron was the worst combo I could ever imagine both on the field and in the front office.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I think you missed the joke about Brandon and Whaley being the ones that that were the players that were winning with the hookers and weed.

No sir.

I was on that rabbit from the get go and i LOLd tank you very much

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So do I Augie.

The "Bills should of done.................... {Insert QB name here}...................." crowd is using Mahomes as the flavor of the week.

I notice there hasn't been any Deshaun Watson threads being started.  Where are all the should of drafted Dak Prescott doomsayers?

I remember on the old board all kinds of posters saying the Bills should of ""tanked" to get Winston/Mariota.

My point is it will take more than a few games to judge Josh Allen despite what some say!

really Mahommes only played two games; Watson 8 before getting hurt. How many more games  should we give good ole boy Josh..... I could care less that a defensive coach drafted him and this regime is not smart enough to let him learn while the QB that got us to playoffs in 17 yrs continue to play..Thats a management 1st time coach 1st time GM problem.   Stop with the excuses either he can play or not... Well with this regime its obvious with the Peterman ,Ill take this Garbage to my grave , experiment they can't judge talent

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...funny?...nope...sad?...yup......31 clubs are blind eye ignorant to budding NFL Exec level and GM talent right here blossoming before our very eyes......of course, massive hires would leave drive-up windows in dire straits.......

: )

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wow.  How quickly we forget McGahee, Whitner, Leodis, Maybin, CJ as our first picks in the draft.  McBeane got us to the playoffs, and they're the worst?  WTF?

Tyrod got us to the playoffs Mcbeane tried to Sabatoge it.  Luckily  the Peterman grenade Mcbeane sent out to the field was a minor blow 

2 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

why do some of y'all fail to realize that it was Whaley who was still in office when we passed on Mahomes.  This thread is such an overreaction.  Be patient.  This regime inherited a huge mess and they're just cleaning it up right now.

McDermott did not have his GM in place . Whaley was on the outs. GMs stake their legacy on the QB they drafted.
McD waited for this reason solely. just how it was going to go down all along.

Beanes decided on Allen for his stamp upon the Bills Franchise

Edited by 3rdand12

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

No sir.

I was on that rabbit from the get go and i LOLd tank you very much

Good to know.  Your second point made me question if you did or not.  Based on what they did with some of the contracts they handed out I honestly think they were in win now mode fighting for their jobs. 

They made a few splashes to make it look like, "this is the player we need to put us over the top" when in reality they were basically eating up cap space for players looking for a pay day.

I'm mostly pointing at Whaley and I really can't blame Russ.  For the product that has been on the field during his tenure he did a hell of a job in keeping butts in the seats.

Rex is a whole other story.

4 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

why do some of y'all fail to realize that it was Whaley who was still in office when we passed on Mahomes.  This thread is such an overreaction.  Be patient.  This regime inherited a huge mess and they're just cleaning it up right now.

He was told by the new man in charge to make that trade ,   sorry revisionist history will not work here …… I was at the draft in Philly ready for our new QB. The buzz was all over the draft that a coup was going on and whaley could not draft what he wanted...…. You do remember that the whole personnel dept was fired correct    

Edited by liverpoolkev
misspelled words

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

was the plan to be this bad? was the plan to draft a young qb and give him next to nothing to play with ?  was the plan to pass on a good qb in order to pay more to take a chance on one following year.   These are not good plans 

Yes, yes it was.. being 7-9 gets you nowhere...

2 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

He was told by the new man in charge to make that trade ,   sorry revisionist history will not work here …… I was at the draft 0in Philly ready for our new QB. The buzz was all over the draft that a coup was going on and whaley could draft what he wanted...…. You do remember that the whole personnel dept was fired correct    

Glad to hear you were in that war room getting all the insight.  Thanks for sharing how that day went down.