Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

If Allen turns out to be a quality franchise QB, Beane and McDermott have a good shot of being very successful. With the most important member of the roster in place and playing at a very high level, it becomes very likely that you can build a perennial contender. Buffalo hasn't had luxury since Jim Kelly. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I miss the good old days when I could point out, factually and accurately and without the mods getting upset, that someone who posts something this idiotic is a mentally deranged little turd.  Instead, I'm required to be nice, and tell you "Good point, keep up the good work!"  But I don't actually have to mean it, and it's entirely possible I'm thinking "Geez, what a mentally deranged little turd" while I type it.

So...Good point, keep up the good work!    :thumbsup:

Nice to see you are aware of "boundaries"

And even more delightful ? how you skillfully navigate around them.

Bravo indeed !!

I mean, when you title a thread with a claim that Bill Polian (and you spell his name wrong, no less) was at the bottom of the barrel in modern day Buffalo GM duties... your poor judgement is going to be called out. He built the Super Bowl teams with the Bills and won a Super Bowl doing the same in Indy. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I do wish we had the luxury of bringing Allen along more in the fashion that Mahommes was, slowly behind a great mentor and then placed into an offense full of weapons. How many of our offensive players could start for the Chiefs? 

I sincerely believe the Team was initially built to do just that. Allen sitting.
next year has been the year of tuning up the roster, and perhaps some Coaches.

Best laid plans of mice and men...

and then things happened. bad things man

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sadly, it’s a way of life for some people. 

The negativity here is off the charts.  Some people really are just out of touch with reality or just so used to losing.  The fact that people are calling for Beane and McDermott’s job already is not only reactionary...but it borders on the edge of delusions of grandeur 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..sadly I do miss the old gang and would welcome back Brandon, Whaley, Marv, Buddy and Littman  in a nanosecond......they were FAR superior to Polian anyway......

a colored history ,, the Bills. some ups some downs. some more downs. nearly two decades of downs . setting records downs.

Good times.

I can deal with whatever the New "Gang that couldn't Shoot Straight"  rolls or tumble out.

Go Bills !

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Of course they are. This is Karma for Whaley stealing Shady for Kiko  or Highes for another linebacker (can't remember his name) I WISH THIS PRESENT COACH/GM COULD ACQUIRE TALENT LIKE THAT…...This regime is no more than Chip Kelly without the winning pedigree 

Are you !@#$ing serious with this question? This has to be trolling. Now it could be that the McBeane experiment fails. But after a playoff appearance and what looks to be a rebuilding year in 2018 it is hardly enough to say they are doing a bad job, esp if you factor in that they have used 2017 (Despite the playoff appearance) and 2018 to put themselves in position to build a team around a young affordable QB in 2019. 

I will grant you this if they wiff on their 2019 cap space and draft classes and Allen is a bust then McBeane will have failed and will be as craptacular as anyone except maybe Marv and Jauron (At least McBeane will have the playoff appearance.) But there is no way you can look at McBeane and think they are worse than some of the bad regimes that preceded them at worst they get an incomplete grade. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

a colored history ,, the Bills. some ups some downs. some more downs. nearly two decades of downs . setting records downs.

Good times.

I can deal with whatever the New "Gang that couldn't Shoot Straight"  rolls or tumble out.

Go Bills !

....HINT: sarcasm..........

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Brandon knows he has Hookers tonight. Whaley is baked already.
you guys see what i was inferring now ?

Thanks Rico for the assist.

Much more fun than Players and Winning. see the joy ?

Well based on that assessment wouldn't you agree that these guys are player and winning?

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, liverpoolkev said:

Of course they are. This is Karma for Whaley stealing Shady for Kiko  or Highes for another linebacker (can't remember his name) I WISH THIS PRESENT COACH/GM COULD ACQUIRE TALENT LIKE THAT…...This regime is no more than Chip Kelly without the winning pedigree 

Whaley was good at pro-personnel decisions. But he was also were pretty bad at drafting. I also think that Whaley was also not good with managing the cap. He wasn't tragic at it but Whaley's big spending pretty much capped out the team for several seasons afterwards. I think Whaley was more mediocrity waiting to happen as you can't build a sustained winner without good to great drafting. You can plug holes and fill in some spots with free agents and trades but you build the base with the draft and although the jury is still out on the 2017 and 2018 draft classes for the Bills I do like the 2017 class (White and Dawkins could be real building blocks, Milano a late round pick is a solid starter, and Zay still has time to turn it around) more than I liked any of Whaley's drafts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I do wish we had the luxury of bringing Allen along more in the fashion that Mahommes was, slowly behind a great mentor and then placed into an offense full of weapons. How many of our offensive players could start for the Chiefs? 

So do I Augie.

The "Bills should of done.................... {Insert QB name here}...................." crowd is using Mahomes as the flavor of the week.

I notice there hasn't been any Deshaun Watson threads being started.  Where are all the should of drafted Dak Prescott doomsayers?

I remember on the old board all kinds of posters saying the Bills should of ""tanked" to get Winston/Mariota.

My point is it will take more than a few games to judge Josh Allen despite what some say!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Well based on that assessment wouldn't you agree that these guys are player and winning?

Been respecting your perspective for a couple years now.

Can see what you're suggesting. But need time to mull it over.

one thing to consider. were these guys thinking long term with team building ? Or trying to win now with short sighted efforts ?

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The negativity here is off the charts.  Some people really are just out of touch with reality or just so used to losing.  The fact that people are calling for Beane and McDermott’s job already is not only reactionary...but it borders on the edge of delusions of grandeur 

Sorry we don't do the rose colored glasses crap... We can see if you can acquire talent or not.... 1st they could have had Mahommes or Watson so there we be no give up any assets to move up  for an inaccurate third level conference QB ; 2nd ) Are you not tired of seeing Kelvin B not trying to catch a pass? We got rid of a 2 very productive (Watson,Woods ) WR for that crap and we gave a third round pick for  Kelvin . Oh How about the Jordan Mathews failed experiment don't for get we traded up gave up two picks for the ZAY jones disaster. How could this staff justify the  Mike Tolbert experiment he was  old as heck but  we let young, who were on their first contract, players go...….A rebuild should not have the  7th oldest roster in the NFL.....