Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

7 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

truth hurts . Passing on Mahomes and having the worst team in the league is not a great way to start off. 

Does it?  Does being the worst poster since LSI really hurt?  Don't take it so seriously, you don't seem very bright so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

6 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if i worried about other thought i would be the object failure that most of them are 

Did you mean abject? 

How about capitalization or punctuation? I’m not a perfectionist, but a little effort is appreciated. 
Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

god and guns ? 

have you ever been to Western NY?

11 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

again you should google /  not much backwoods in the entite state of New jersey by the way.  fairly progressive state 

the one guy I know from NJ lives in the "garden" part and is an avid hunter and outdoorsman.

I've got to say, this thread really has the potential to see the OP spiral into full-meltdown mode.

So far he only gets a 4.5/10, but he was only at a 3.5 before accusing another poster of having a small penis for pointing out issues with his grammar and spelling.

I see potential and will be staying tuned.  Nowhere to go but up!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I miss the good old days when I could point out, factually and accurately and without the mods getting upset, that someone who posts something this idiotic is a mentally deranged little turd.  Instead, I'm required to be nice, and tell you "Good point, keep up the good work!"  But I don't actually have to mean it, and it's entirely possible I'm thinking "Geez, what a mentally deranged little turd" while I type it.

So...Good point, keep up the good work!    :thumbsup:

And I miss the days when a richard posts stuff like you want to post and is called just what you are. A richard head.

Can I say dick

head?

was the plan to be this bad? was the plan to draft a young qb and give him next to nothing to play with ?  was the plan to pass on a good qb in order to pay more to take a chance on one following year.   These are not good plans 

Dude, if you have a better plan, why aren't you running an NFL team?

Map it out for me please. It takes incredible foresight to run an organization... you can't even seem to figure out how to run spell check.

what is the plan?  pass on a potential good quarterback?  Only sing process guy ? have the worst team in the league ? oh I know we have 80 million is cap money so everything is going to be great.   

How could they make sutch a mistake

by passing  on (potential ) good QB ? If Mahomes has another big game everyone should be fired regardless if Allen becomes a franchise QB or not 

Edited by Putin

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Dude, if you have a better plan, why aren't you running an NFL team?

Map it out for me please. It takes incredible foresight to run an organization... you can't even seem to figure out how to run spell check.

If you can tell me clearly and 100% correct how the following things work I will listen to your post, because then you obviously understand what it takes to formulate a "plan". 

• Salary Cap
  • Waiver Process
  • Free Agency
  • NFL Draft
  • The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement
  • Managing the 53 Man Roster
  • Managing the Practice Squad

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I've got to say, this thread really has the potential to see the OP spiral into full-meltdown mode.

So far he only gets a 4.5/10, but he was only at a 3.5 before accusing another poster of having a small penis for pointing out issues with his grammar and spelling.

I see potential and will be staying tuned.  Nowhere to go but up!

My popcorn is in the microwave as we speak

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

they could have drafted a qb with thier original pick in 2017. Instead they wait a year and spent a ton of capable to get a qb.  Dismissing what will be at best a 4-12 year is folly .  Spending their limited funds on defense instead of helping out thier young qb is very questionable.   

Do you honestly think Mahomes would be playing as well as he has if he were drafted by the Bills? Also, you haven't acknowledged the fact that they brought the team to the playoffs while simultaneously beginning a massive overhaul of their roster. And do you sincerely think Beane has already proven to be worse than Whaley? A GM who traded two firsts to go and get a WR in what was probably the most stacked WR class in a decade? He missed out on Mack after trading up, and could have gotten Odell Beckham,  Aaron Donald, or Anthony Barr if he just stayed put.... 

Have you heard Rob Ryan's interview earlier this year when he said his experience with the Bills was the worst managed situation he's ever been a part of? Or how about Doug Marrone having the same impression while he was here?

Just because things look grim right now doesn't mean it compares to the years and years of abhorrent to mediocre play this team has displayed on the field. Despite the clear gaffes of McBeane (bringing in Tolbert and Benjamin, overpaying Star, not holding on to E.J. Gaines or Robert Woods being among the worst), they have actually talked about a strategy. Beane has stated repeatedly he believes you start by building through the middle of the team, and his investments in Allen, Phillips, and Edmunds reflect this strategy.

They've made mistakes, absolutely. But I myself am happy to have a GM that actually has a vision. For the decade before Beane, the Bills have drafted terribly in the first round, overpaid FA talent, and created a patchwork of players that they hoped, by chance, would form into something cohesive. I had no idea what exactly they were trying to do, which I don't think can be said about this current regime

Edited by billsgpr88

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's suppose you are in a job where you constantly need to hire new people, and it literally takes several years for your new hires to come up to speed and gel as a team.

Sorry to swamp you in but if you create the need to hire new people.. create your own problem.. then I'd feel like a control freak. But at least we're on the terms that we can't be this bad for too much longer.

The roster decisions

(who to sign, not who to play [well excluding the tolbert files])

Have been f*ckin terrible for the offense.

McDerm did get us to the playoffs last year with a flawed offense, a limited QB, an OC who couldnt do anything to cater to his strengths, same OC pushed Derm to start Peterman which in turn led to the 5 pick massacre of mattacooga.

OC gets canned which gave me a lot of faith in Derm.

So i say. F*ck it. Get JA some OL and WR help and let the man cook!