Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I agree.  I would have to say he put together a team that was good at finding talent in the league that fit the team but was really bad at drafts/extensions(contracts in general).  I'd also say that his trades were probably about 70-80% positives.

wholeheartedly agree on the Rex effect when it came to building that defense.  I don't think Marrone was a bad reflection on his work.  I honestly feel like Marrone was trying to do to Whaley what Rex did to him and just take over his ability to do his job.  Granted the whole "FIRE ME!" thing between the three of them was likely a result of EJM and Whaley tied himself to that anchor the second he(Nix, I honestly don't care who actually made the call) drafted him.

I honestly think he would still be good as the head of pro scouting for a team but don't think he has the "Political speak" that most GMs/coaches in the league need.  I mean he makes Terry sound smart during some of his pressers.

Thanks for the thought out note here .
Think we have been watching the same game here

8 minutes ago, EC-Bills said:

Er brauchst ein Abführmittel.

what did you just call him !?
if i could read German ?

Ich könnte wütend sein. 
 But thankfully i do  not.

My bowels are fine

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

These two are complete buffon losers and need to be fired,  Beane has left the roster depleted of any talent and may be the worst in over 30 years.  Looks like that 2-14 season team

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It's always easier to converse when you are on the same page as opposed to someone disagreeing with your stance and just saying "You're an Idiot".  Mean no offense @DC Tom.  You're usually right on the money when you say it.  

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

It's always easier to converse when you are on the same page as opposed to someone disagreeing with your stance and just saying "You're an Idiot".  Mean no offense @DC Tom.  You're usually right on the money when you say it.  

with anyone reasonable? we can find some middle ground. no matter how wrong they might be !
and you misspelled

" your and idiot"

perhaps a typo ?

cheers to you  The Wiz !!

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

10 pages in 4 hours debating whether the duo who broke the drought are the worst since Polian?

Time will tell, but that time is not now.

Oh I'm sure this is going to hit the 100 page mark as the season pushes on and throughout next season.

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

what did you just call him !?
if i could read German ?

Ich könnte wütend sein. 
 But thankfully i do  not.

My bowels are fine

He said he needs something, but I do not know what Abfuhrmittel is. Probably a prostate exam. 

I don't want to get sucked into the swamp here, but I do have one question for the OP:

Let's suppose you are in a job where you constantly need to hire new people, and it literally takes several years for your new hires to come up to speed and gel as a team.

How would you feel if your boss, or even the folks from another division, are loudly judging you on your results after less than two cycles on the job, especially if you did something highly positive at the end of your first cycle?  Would you feel they were premature?  Fair and balanced?  Nucking futz?  What?

I wouldn't deny there are red flags and puzzling decisions here, but I'm going to wait to see what happens through the season and how our precious high draft picks look at the end before I pass judgement.

Unless, of course, the rest of our season shapes up like the first 6 quarters and not the last 2 (eg total embarassment), in which case they get 'til the bye week.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

with anyone reasonable? we can find some middle ground. no matter how wrong they might be !
and you misspelled

" your and idiot"

perhaps a typo ?

cheers to you  The Wiz !!

For some reason I miss on my intentionally incorrect phrases when I drink.  I'm a programmer though so I'm probably hitting my Ballmer Peak.

Right back at you.:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mahomes will come back to earth. I wanted him on the Bills too though. But Allen is an exciting watch. Im glad he’s here.  I didn’t think that at the draft to be honest but he’s got alot of game that makes you want to tune in 

Edited by bobblehead

4 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Its boom or bust at this point. It’s akin to josh McDaniel. If the QBs good and they hit in free agency/draft next year - awesome. Otherwise you just gutted a team in way that’s actually pretty rare. 

6 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Can we stop now?