Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

Do you know why we can't have nice things in buffalo?  Because of us - the fans.  I feel bad for McD and Josh.  

Had Peyton manning started year one as a bill his career would have begun and ended much like N8 Peterman's I suspect.

I use to feel had for Whaley .  It turned out i was wrong but he never put out a product this bad 

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Seriously?  In any event that honor goes to Levy and Jauron.  Donahoe deserves dishonorable mention.

wasn't Jauron 7-9 his first three years ? 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

that is a hand in the sand approach .  They did spend money heading into the season.  They thought they could put up a good d and win some games.  No body would ever want to field a team this poor.  The fact that they spent on d instead of helping the young qb is another blunder 

The hard work on the roster couldn't be accomplished this year. One look at the QB situation and the surrounding offensive personnel should have clued everyone in on where this season was going. 

The big surprise is the defensive performance so far. We all expected more in that department. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Wait are you saying Polian was the worst before these guys? 

Mahomes was far from a sure thing too. 

I have faith in McBeane, there is a plan in motion. We expected to have this kind of season last year, I don’t understand why everyone is losing their minds. They ended the playoff drought, got that monkey off our backs and now are bottoming out so we can return to the top of the league. This year will hurt but it will all be worth it soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Do you know why we can't have nice things in buffalo?  Because of us - the fans.  I feel bad for McD and Josh.  

Had Peyton manning started year one as a bill his career would have begun and ended much like N8 Peterman's I suspect.

I agree on your Manning observation.  People need to stop being concerned about the past failings to the degree that they do and the achievements of other teams.  For better or worse Bullough Mathison, and Jauron for the Bills along with Shula, Marino, and Griese for some of our opposition are long gone.  People need to find some peace on our past.

6 minutes ago, sleeby said:

This is a VERY Stupid statement.  This is not even close to what big market media put out there towards professional franchises.  This is nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The hard work on the roster couldn't be accomplished this year. One look at the QB situation and the surrounding offensive personnel should have clued everyone in on where this season was going. 

The big surprise is the defensive performance so far. We all expected more in that department. 

which is one of the reason i am doubt these guys. They invest a lot over two years in the d.  They are not getting great results.  

2 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Wait are you saying Polian was the worst before these guys? 

Mahomes was far from a sure thing too. 

I have faith in McBeane, there is a plan in motion. We expected to have this kind of season last year, I don’t understand why everyone is losing their minds. They ended the playoff drought, got that monkey off our backs and now are bottoming out so we can return to the top of the league. This year will hurt but it will all be worth it soon. 

lets flip the question.  looking at their personal moves thus far .  are you confident they will be able to turn it around ? 

46 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think some of the fans believe we have to be the worst team so they can convince themselves the rebuild is on. Cause somehow winning 7-9 games a year is pure hell. 

The rebuild was always on? It's only their second year.

And it's called purgatory for a reason - 7-9 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff spot or a high draft pick. You just perpetuate mediocrity for decades, or in the Bills textbook example, 18 years with select seasons of 6 or less wins. But hey, if just watching 16 games each year is enough, then power to you. But if we're going to be the worst team this year then be the worst team, I'll still watch every game excited to see how our future talent develops and plays. Besides, it's only week 2, who knows what will happen in the next 15 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

My take on some of the guys who have run it is:

Donahoe - flashy guy but, as Paulie once said of Tommy, "he's a cowboy, he's got too much to prove". He got us Spikes and Milloy etc. but also drafted JP and McGahee. It was like he was always trying to show how smart he was.

Marv - love him but from my memory (all the **** through the drought sort of fades together in the end) he was pitiful in the front office. Certainly no Coughlin. Marv drafted Donte Whitner when EVERYONE, even people like me whose knowledge of college football could be written on the back of a "How to inspire teammates - by Vontae Davis" pamphlet, were yelling for them to pick Haloti Ngata.

Russ Brandon - erm, wasn't he responsible for drafting Maybin? 

47 minutes ago, wiskibreth said:

Yes, No (not sure what fox has to do with anything).

So what?...  your answer is to come here and moan about it.  What it that you think you're accomplishing?  You think they read this board?  Think again.  It's irrelevant what I think.  I certainly don't care what you think.

The time frame is too short to determine that.  I may agree with you in the future, but it's too early in their tenure to know.

when people claim someone is having a temper tantrum cause they have a different opinion it reminds me of the idiocy I frequently see on fox news. 

7 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

The rebuild was always on? It's only their second year.

And it's called purgatory for a reason - 7-9 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff spot or a high draft pick. You just perpetuate mediocrity for decades, or in the Bills textbook example, 18 years with select seasons of 6 or less wins. But hey, if just watching 16 games each year is enough, then power to you. But if we're going to be the worst team this year then be the worst team, I'll still watch every game excited to see how our future talent develops and plays. Besides, it's only week 2, who knows what will happen in the next 15 weeks.

yeah cause all the best teams build their team by picking in the top ten.  You can pick great in the draft without great position.  Which they actually have done a decent job.  I do not agree with the notion that if you cant make the playoffs you are better off being dead last.  You dont overcome being the worst team with a top ten draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

when people claim someone is having a temper tantrum cause they have a different opinion it reminds me of the idiocy I frequently see on fox news. 

He's fine to have his own opinion, i respect that.  But... OP asked a question, then answered it for himself with a bit of a rant, kinda indicates to me an immature temper tantrum.  Happens frequently in TSW now.  Reminds me of BBMB.

Edited by wiskibreth

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If you Factor in the descion to pass on Mahomes , the current state of the roster, the fact that they made a major investment in Allen , who is far from a sure thing, the jettisone of any player whith the slightest quirk in his personality this is the wost group to run the organization since Pollian took over.  

Negative Bills fans...