Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

no since he took over .  so that would mean before Polian .   My assertion is this group is not good.  There is a high probabilty they will have the team with the worst record. 

Oh there is a very very high probability.

Go look at the records of the teams each and every season that has the worst dead cap situation. 

Apparently the ability to field a good team can somewhat correlate to how much money you can spend on good players. 

I know, I know..  I was shocked too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

mcdermott is part of the dynamic duo 

So, in you view it makes perfect sense to allow the GM that was getting terminated the day after the draft to pick the QB on his way out the door?

You can claim whispers of "it was McDermott running the draft" but unless you can supply anything to support that then you or I really have no idea who made the picks. Oh, and fwiw Doug Whaley took full ownership of making the KC trade. Look up what he calls his "parting gift" to the Bills. 

1 minute ago, tumaro02 said:

So you are saying that Beane was "secretly" calling the shots for the Bills when he was with the Carolina Panthers during last years draft? Did he quietly phone McDermott and Whaley and tell them he thought he might be the next GM of the Bills so pass on Mahomes? Comical.

1 minute ago, tumaro02 said:

So you are saying that Beane was "secretly" calling the shots for the Bills when he was with the Carolina Panthers during last years draft? Did he quietly phone McDermott and Whaley and tell them he thought he might be the next GM of the Bills so pass on Mahomes? Comical.

are you saying Mcdermott wasn't calling the shots during the draft last year ? 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

no since he took over .  so that would mean before Polian .   My assertion is this group is not good.  There is a high probabilty they will have the team with the worst record. 

if they have the worst record this season and a good chance they might, they will then have a much higher pick in return. I was never one to want my team to lose just to gain draft positions but if there ever would be a time, this season would be the one. as I said, I accept this is a tear down/rebuild and not winning many games this season is likely.

if they come out of the gate like they did this season in 2019, I then would start having some concerns as to whether they were/are the right men for the job?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So, in you view it makes perfect sense to allow the GM that was getting terminated the day after the draft to pick the QB on his way out the door?

You can claim whispers of "it was McDermott running the draft" but unless you can supply anything to support that then you or I really have no idea who made the picks. Oh, and fwiw Doug Whaley took full ownership of making the KC trade. Look up what he calls his "parting gift" to the Bills. 

yes Mcdermott has a said he spoke to Reid several times in the week leading up to the draft.  

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

was the plan to be this bad? was the plan to draft a young qb and give him next to nothing to play with ?  was the plan to pass on a good qb in order to pay more to take a chance on one following year.   These are not good plans 

The plan was to draft a QB and let him develop, clear space on the cap, and look to the future.  

This year never mattered.  Whether we were bad, average, or somewhere in the middle.  It never mattered. 

I am sure that is a tough pill to swallow, but you gotta just accept it.  

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Mcdermott is not Jimmy Johnson.   

How could you possibly know this????  Jimmy Johnson wasn't Jimmy Johnson until he was.  I'm not saying McD will be great or even consistently good.  I'm just saying there is really no way to know until we know.  Got it!?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Whaley's gifts were to Bills success as this was to Ralphie's self-esteem Christmas morning:

Holiday Film Series: A CHRISTMAS STORY | The Athena Cinema

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

This place is going to be fun after we play the Vikings and Packers.

There will be pockets of informed, intelligent discussion among those who understood what this season was going to be all along. Come and find us. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The OP should make a Pollian to see how TSW feels about this. ;)

like anything esle it will be how i word it.   if you give them a choice .  Donahue vs Marv/Jauron vs buddy chan vs whaley /marrone Rex. it wil be hard to say this isn't the worst.  if you say worst ever then the vote you be 90-10 no. 

48 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

What exactly is a "shore" thing?  A shell?  Sand?  Jellyfish?  I'm confused.

i believe it's a reference to a backwoods slang term. put in context, a reference to Baskingridge, New Jersey, i'm sure.

:D

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The plan was to draft a QB and let him develop, clear space on the cap, and look to the future.  

This year never mattered.  Whether we were bad, average, or somewhere in the middle.  It never mattered. 

I am sure that is a tough pill to swallow, but you gotta just accept it.  

While I agree with you.  Nothing they have done gives me confidence that they will do the right thing going forward.  Plus if the idea that this year didn;t matter then why spend 25 million of limited Defensive players and leave your new qb devoid of help ?  

Just now, Foxx said:

i believe it's a reference to a backwoods slang term. put in context, a reference to Baskingridge New Jersey., i'm sure.

:D

Basking ridge backwoods?  ummm you might want to look it up.  

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

While I agree with you.  Nothing they have done gives me confidence that they will do the right thing going forward.  Plus if the idea that this year didn;t matter then why spend 25 million of limited Defensive players and leave your new qb devoid of help ?  

They made the playoffs last year.  And they did it with less talent than we have had in a while.  They clearly know how to coach.  

As far as the Free Agents, those weren't signings for this year.  Those signings were about moving forward.  Players they wanted next year and the year after. We tend to look at free agency in this one year vacuum, but to a GM it is about what the contracts do for your for the life of the contract.  There is a whole additional element to it that fans dont even consider. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

There will be pockets of informed, intelligent discussion among those who understood what this season was going to be all along. Come and find us. 

that is a hand in the sand approach .  They did spend money heading into the season.  They thought they could put up a good d and win some games.  No body would ever want to field a team this poor.  The fact that they spent on d instead of helping the young qb is another blunder