Are Mcdermott and Beane the worst group to run the bills since pollian ?

8 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

what is the plan?  pass on a potential good quarterback?  Only sing process guy ? have the worst team in the league ? oh I know we have 80 million is cap money so everything is going to be great.   

Clear the cap, Get younger and build up depth.  Unfortunately you can't snap your fingers and bring in young studs at will and it takes time to develop players.

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

i see a lot of Dick Jauron in Mcdermott.  a lot and weren't those teams 7-9 for three years this tean might win 3 games 

3 wins >>>>>>> 7 wins. If you miss the playoffs, the goal is to get a damn good draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1.  "But he passed on" arguments have been and always will be the worst message board argument for evaluation of GM.  Typically, all or most GMs (not necessarily the case for Mahomes) pass on guys too.  

2.  Mahomes was as raw, if not more so, than Allen coming out.  To pretend like one was a better prospect than the other is silly. 

3.  Any Reid makes every QB he touches look wayyyy better than they really are.  Literally true of every QB he has ever touched.  Mahomes in 90% of other coach's systems would be average at best. 

after 19 games and one draft. you bet your bottom dollar they're the worst OP.

better question though, what will be the worst thread this week?  so far it might be between you and that foreigner character. you both seem to have some real hot takes, or are they cold, like frosty cold?

edit: I see some mahomes homers, still crying the blues

Edited by no name

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

That’s what you got from the OP?  You work for fox? 

Yes, No (not sure what fox has to do with anything).

12 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

temper tantrum ?  two facts.  They passed on Mahomes , they are the the worst team in the league.  This is a good thing ? 

So what?...  your answer is to come here and moan about it.  What it that you think you're accomplishing?  You think they read this board?  Think again.  It's irrelevant what I think.  I certainly don't care what you think.

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

No. I do not think it is.  I’m rather baffled w how bad they are and how people think this is the right path.  

The time frame is too short to determine that.  I may agree with you in the future, but it's too early in their tenure to know.

Edited by wiskibreth

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

their supporters point to the cap money coming.  We will see what they do with it. 

The thing is $80 million next year is great, but don't think they are just going to spend that and magically be good next year. It is going to take at least two years. At least two free agent pools and drafts to build the roster out. I would expect us to sign a couple players to four or five-year contracts with some high cash amounts and then a lot of players to one-year deals next year. This way, they can turn around and have a lot of cap space for the next year, as well to continue to improve the roster. Remember, NFL teams have to spend, what 90 or 95 percent of their cap every season. It's in the collective bargaining agreement. Some have said next year's free agent pool won't be very good, so you sign one-year deals to clear cap space for the next season.

4 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

well based on what your significant other keeps posting to Instagram...its well Red Foxx type junk and probably doesn't work

So you’re saying “It’s the Big One, ‘Lizabeth!”??

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, no name said:

after 19 games and one draft. you bet your bottom dollar they're the worst OP.

better question though, what will be the worst thread this week?  so far it might be between you and that foreigner character. you both seem to have some real hot takes, or are they cold, like frosty cold?

why is it bad . there are a lot of people that think things are great .  They say don't worry we have 80 million in cap space everytihg will be fine.   I don't see it that way . 

2 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

They had no intention of starting him until a week ago. 

if that is the case they should have a better backup plan than Peterman . Yet another bad descion 

3 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

my point is this could be the worst roster in 30 years and they could have picked a Mahomes with you giving up any additionl capitol.   

Look at the situation Mahomes is in. Do you think he would be having the success he is in Buffalo right now? No. Do you think Tom Brady would be the GOAT if he was drafted by the Bills instead? probably not.  A lot of it comes down to circumstance and the team around you.