Chevy Chase: Bitter Old Man Syndrome

\GoBillsInDallas/

He's lucky he has achieved what he did.  I never thought he was as talented as a number of his former SNL co-stars.  Every era of SNL has a person or two that is enjoyable for the time but does not translate into the future.  For me that would be Joe Piscapo, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, and Will Farrell.  

Edited by RochesterRob

SNL has been horrible for its entire existence, with brief interludes of quality from time to time when actual talent entered the cast.

The show has benefitted greatly from having zero competition in that time slot on a late Saturday night, which prevented the show form getting axed decades ago.

In its defense, good comedy is extremely hard to produce.  I think it's the hardest creative writing to do.

33 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

SNL has been horrible for its entire existence, with brief interludes of quality from time to time when actual talent entered the cast.

The show has benefitted greatly from having zero competition in that time slot on a late Saturday night, which prevented the show form getting axed decades ago.

In its defense, good comedy is extremely hard to produce.  I think it's the hardest creative writing to do.

I don't know about being horrible for its entire existence but it is Buffalo Bills-like in having many poor periods.  Probably the best times were the mid-1970's and around 1990.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I never understood what his deal was.  No matter how successful the movie or show was, he was always bitching and complaining.  

Anybody remember the Chevy Chase show?   I hope the people who thought that'd be a good idea are still fired.  

I love Chevy Chase.  Caddyshack, Vacation movies, Fletch movies, Funny Farm ... love them all.

I think he's off base about Will Farrell, who is very funny.  His off-color jokes (pun intended) were nothing.  It's humor.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm getting pretty tired of this racism stuff.   If everything becomes racist nothing is.

Exactly!!!

Like My daughter's high school.  They say it is "very diverse."  Well, not really.  It's anything but diverse.  It's just 180° the opposite way when we claim that a place is NOT diverse.  With that said, it's still NOT diverse.  True diversity is plurality.  There is an absolute majority @ Her school.

It actually took a very astute 16 year old to pound that simple concept into my dumb liberal skull.

I've never been a Saturday Night Live fan. I remember seeing a few classic clips from some of the episodes, and they were funny. The skit of Star Trek: The Last Voyage of the Enterprise, Dan Aykroyd playing Julia Child in The French Chef skit. Hilarious stuff.

As far as Chaevy Chase goes, I thought he was alright as a comedy actor. Everyone loves the "Vacation" movies, but for me I prefer "Foul Play", and "Seems Like Old Times" is an overlooked movie he was in with Goldie Hawn & Charles Grodin.