Predict Josh Allen's stats v the Vikings

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

so you have him at almost identical numbers from last game? i'm probably there with you on the passing yards, but i'm going to put him at 2 TDs 3 INTs. He's playing a lot of hero ball and it's boom or bust. 

It's funny you posted about the hero ball and INTs.  During this "throw away" year I don't mind JA throwing INTs.

He needs to know what he can get away with and what he can't do.  This is part of learning the NFL game.

I'd rather have him go down swinging this year than play TT ball.

2 hours ago, tbarg12 said:

Though this was interesting:

Here are the stat lines and the game results for the last five games where a rookie quarterback took on the Vikings:

• Oct. 23, 2016: Wentz: 16-of-28 passing for 138 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 0 sacks. Philadelphia Eagles won 21-10.
  • Dec. 1, 2016: Prescott: 12-of-18 passing for 139 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 3 sacks. Dallas Cowboys won 17-15.
  • Oct. 9, 2017: Trubisky: 12 of 25 passing for 128 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack. Chicago Bearslost 20-17.
  • Oct. 29, 2017: Kizer: 18-of-34 passing for 179 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 3 sacks. Cleveland Browns lost 33-16.
  • Dec. 31, 2017: Trubisky: 20-of-36 passing for 178 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 sack. Chicago Bears lost 23-10.

A post with "context" to it.  I like it!

By the way...............welcome to the board.

• Like (+1) 1

Really depends on how far we fall behind but...

Negative Scenario: 16/32 for 185 yards, 0 TD's & 2 INT's

Positive Scenario: 18/27 for 225 yards 1 TD & 1 INT

And 4-6 sacks either way.

21 minutes ago, mead107 said:

4 TDs  378 yds no int. Runs for 61yds

23/24 

I'm guessing you're going the "wish strongly enough that I can will it into existence" route? Hope you're right man!

Edited by BigDingus

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Got to think positive.   Done it for a lot of years. ?

But if you ALWAYS think that positive, karma won't know which times are the most important ones to manifest your positivity into existence! 

For now, I'll believe in your belief of Allen to do well, and maybe my hope will piggyback off your hope & notify karma that NOW is the time LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There's a lot of optimism on this thread, and that's great. But, the question I would first ask is: How many times will Allen get sacked?

To my mind, the other stats are secondary. So far, Allen has not been afforded adequate protection. Were he to get that, I think we would see him start to develop a lot faster than we are likely to see otherwise. JMO.

the vikes generally can rush 4 and they tend to blitz mainly on 2nd and long. we have to come out with some swing passes, trick plays and some quick slants.

we have to go into 2nd down with 5 or less yds. then they can pick their poison...crowd up and get beat deep or shady/rpo gets the 1st.

if we can get to 3rd and short, options will open up....especially if we are in fg position, we can take some deep shots and catch them snoozin.  26-24 bills.  minny will get more crap for losing to us than we have for the first 2 games....then gb don't look so bad....

once we get to the titans....even at 1 and 3, it's all downhill from there.  say we start 1 and 3....count in maybe 2 to the pats, we will go on a 2nd half roll at home. 10-6 will be very doable.

the show ain't over til mcfat lady sings....

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Got to think positive.   Done it for a lot of years. ?

it takes a collective 12th man effort....even if it's at a distance....wecandooit! 

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Hmmm this one is for sure rough.

21-49   238 yards   3 tds 2ints 1 fumble 

11 rushes 37 yards ?

Yes the 49 att for 238 yards would be a lot of fun to watch, I would want to record that and watch it over and over 

9 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

This is a hot take but I like it.

I have a good feeling about him. The scouting report says he's "quicker than fast" but that automatically makes him the 2nd fastest receiver on the team. He appears to have good hands too. I'm intrigued.