Report: Bills Will Work Out OT Matt Tobin

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

That's because Iowa seems to regularly produce good OLers.  It's like back in the day when Penn State used to be noted for its LBs.

I’ve always had a bad taste in my mouth for Iowa OLmen ever since one of them took out Alvin Mack’s knee. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was it buddy who said only ever draft tackles, if they don’t work  you can always move them inside? 

Is that why Buddy drafted a G who he converted to T?

I think it was Parcells who said that

27 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Already cut this year by NE and SF.  Any insights on why?  Is he just that bad?

He didn’t win starting job and then was hurt in SF. Inactive 1st 2 games and then released when Ruben Foster got back for the roster spot

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

TOB395515.png

Matt Tobin  #64 OT

San Francisco 49ers | Official Team Site

Height: 6-6   Weight: 310   Age: 28

Born: 6/5/1990 Worthington , IA

College: Iowa

Experience: 6th season

High School: Beckman HS [Dyersville, IA]

Hey, I live just an hour and a half from where he went to high school. In fact, he went to high school in the town where the "Field of Dreams" was filmed. 

21 starts in 74 career games, was an undrafted free agent for the Eagles for a few years before bouncing around the last 2 years. Not a bad kick the tires depth move. Although I don't know where he fits on the roster. They have Groy, Newhouse, Teller and Bollinger as backups, unless they cut Bollinger or Newhouse (which is possible) there does seem to be much room for him on the roster.

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

21 starts in 74 career games, was an undrafted free agent for the Eagles for a few years before bouncing around the last 2 years. Not a bad kick the tires depth move. Although I don't know where he fits on the roster. They have Groy, Newhouse, Teller and Bollinger as backups, unless they cut Bollinger or Newhouse (which is possible) there does seem to be much room for him on the roster.

Do you mean Ike Boettger? And of that group I would cut Newhouse. That guy was terrible in preseason. Unless they want to try sneaking Boettger onto the PS again. 

Just now, Philo Beddoe said:

Do you mean Ike Boettger? And of that group I would cut Newhouse. That guy was terrible in preseason. Unless they want to try sneaking Boettger onto the PS again. 

I meant Boettger, I would cut Newhouse as well but I fear this staff will favor the vet and try to sneak Boettger to the PS.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I meant Boettger, I would cut Newhouse as well but I fear this staff will favor the vet and try to sneak Boettger to the PS.

It's definitely a possibility. In my opinion, they should keep Boettger and Teller on the roster all season and not risk the PS. One of them is likely a starter next year (assuming Miller is not retained).

Edited by Philo Beddoe

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

It's definitely a possibility. In my opinion, they should keep Boettger and Teller on the roster all season and not risk the PS. One of them is likely a starter next year (assuming Miller is not retained).

In a year where you are trying to build for the future I would rather take my chances on younger players than a vet who hasn't impressed much. I honestly liked the Newhouse acquisition as a cheap swing tackle but it might be time to cut the team's losses. 

• Like (+1) 1