Watkins, Woods, 6-100, 6-81. Benjamin, Jones, 2-19, 2-63

Foreigner

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Woods week 1:  3 for 36

Watkins week 1:  3 for 21

OP can cherry pick his stats, so can I.  Proving that using one game to indict a decision is worthless.  And I say that as one who would have liked to see Sammy stay.  

The OP also ignores that Woods got an 8 million a year deal, and that it was Whaley who did not negotiate an extension before he hit free agency.  Plus it was widely reported he wanted to be back on the west coast.

Sammy?  He wanted the big contract, was coming off an injury that kept him out of ten games the prior year.  They traded him, and the Rams also did not see him as worth a big contract so they also let him go.  To akC.  Who in game 1 paid a lot of money for 3 catches for 21 yards.

The Rams had a rookie QB two seasons ago, did horribly, then they used their off season to draft and use FA to put more weapons around him.  The Bills this season have a rookie QB, we'll see how he does, and have an offseason with a ton of draft picks and cap space to put more weapons around him.

Just putting facts out there.  Some folks here say not to just insult the OP but give evidence why he's wrong.  There you go.

A lot of posters here aren't looking for answers, they just want to vent and aren't deserving of a coherent reply like this.  I certainly wouldn't have typed all that in response to someone blaming Beane for letting Woods go. :lol:

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a completely worthless stat.  Again, EJ had 2 tds, 0 ints and left with the lead against the Pats.  That’s a better start.  And the Bills have only drafted 2 first round qbs since Kelly.  So congrats on beating EJ and JP Losman with that heroic meaningless drive!! I feel so much better.

show me something in non garbage time against The Vikes and then we can talk. 

Why can’t you admit you where wrong? 

9 hours ago, Foreigner said:

The last 2 weeks are what happens when you quit on talent as the above statistics from Sunday shows.

Like I wrote last year, Beane and McDermott got duped by Carolina on Benjamin. He is even on the injury report

again this week. Jones made 1 long catch after he bobbled the ball. I guess running around naked with blood

on his body didn't make him a better WR. 

Thanks for the discipline Sean and Beane.

they both wanted out.   they were not staying in any event.    Watkins proved that by bailing on the Rams after his contract was up.   Woods totally wanted out.  He did not even look at a contract from the Bills.   so these are not on McBeanes.    SoCal guys and other high end guys don't want to play for this franchise.  I can see why.  Both are rockin it with really good teams.  

8 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

And Hogan had 2 touchdowns!

Trading Sammy who was only 23 at the time for a second round pick and medicore DB is the main reason why the Bills have been so bad for so long. This could be the worst roster we have fielded since our famous 2-14 season.  Beane is loser and just a matter of time before he is gone, i mean can anyone explain some of the jack-as? deals he has made?  

The Bills pay 2 first round picks for Sammy so we can just give him away for pennies on the dollar. 

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Josh used 11 different receivers and was the first rookie QB with the most passing yards since Jim Kelly.  

Mic drop

And another double digits loss for McBeane. Is how we lose really something you feel encouraged about?

Edited by Elite Poster

How about just look at guys the Bills could have reasonably drafted in the past few years but chose not to. Juju, Boyd, etc. Much better players than ANYTHING the Bills have. 

Paying Watkins would have been crazy shoes. Woods was a mistake. Hogan is about to be pushed to WR4, he is JAG. Goodwin never put football first while he was here, he showed more than most of the current guys but retaining him wasn’t a must. 

Looking back at the past three drafts you can find plenty of NFL caliber WRs that were slotted where the Bills could have reasonably taken them. That’s the problem I have.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 1

Compare players on different teams with different players, coaches, schemes, etc.  Makes total sense to me bud!  

So are you saying if Watkins and Woods were still here, they would have matched these numbers?  Pass around what you are smoking.

Edited by Azucho98

The last 2 weeks are what happens when you quit on talent as the above statistics from Sunday shows.

Like I wrote last year, Beane and McDermott got duped by Carolina on Benjamin. He is even on the injury report

again this week. Jones made 1 long catch after he bobbled the ball. I guess running around naked with blood

Actually they ARE being disciplined by not trying to spend a ton on 1 or 2 players while there are so many other holes that need to be addressed. This is a rebuild.  Get over it!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Could this be the worst thread of the month?

Let’s wait and find out.

Why is that?  Because the OP doesn't blindly worship at the shrine to football greatness that is McDermott and Beane?

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bean not talking to Sammy was well reported.  I honestly couldn’t believe he admitted.  Sammy just turned 25.  The Bills killed Tyrod’s one good passing game skill by trading him.  And now, we gave Allen the worst wrs in the entire nfl.

and no most teams don’t do this.  I love the Pegulas.  I really do.  But they forced two coaches on Whaley.  Then, they picked the coach with the old GM and then fired him to hire McDermott’s friend. No, most well run teams don’t do that and you’re kidding yourself if you think they do.

Well said.  Giving a rookie HC control of player selection is a prescription for disaster.  A few successful HCs, most notably Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, and Pete Carroll, have control over player selection, but these HCs have decades of experience.  I'm not sure about Reid, but both Belichick and Carroll failed miserably in their early HC stints when they had control over players (Belichick in Cleveland and Carroll in both NE and Jets). 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Actually they ARE being disciplined by not trying to spend a ton on 1 or 2 players while there are so many other holes that need to be addressed. This is a rebuild.  Get over it!

Can I interest you in purchasing a recently rehabbed bridge over Chautauqua Lake? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

And another double digits loss for McBeane. Is how we lose really something you feel encouraged about?

people are missing the point 

Sammy has a big catch and yard # in a game.  How many targets?  

Does anyone care that with those 11 different targets he passed for the most yards as a rookie in his first game since Kelly? 

That imo is something you feel encouraged about.  

Foreigner aka Mick Jones/Lou Gramm

Your Urgent Posts on former Bills WR's seems Hot Blooded. I know after an 0-2 start and our current WR crew, its a Blue Morning, Blue Day, but when you look at the contracts both Woods ($34MM) and Sammy Signed ($45MM), its like Double Vision.   You put those numbers on our Cap space and you'd be playing Head Games.  Don't get me wrong, I liked Woods, moreso than paying Sammy, but That was Yesterday.    I know the current roster is a Long Long Way From Home, but we have a new Juke Box Hero with Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

What did Sammy do last season in LA?    

39 of 70 in 15 games   5 targets per game and only  2.6 catches per game!

and he was released let go and they kept Robert Woods. 

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

You forgot to mention the fact that by him using 11 different receivers he broke the BILLS record.

I read that, but then when you go into the meat of the article he really didn't break a record.

Breaking the record would have been surpassing Kelly. 

I see now they updated the graphic

vvjqbjny0mskr72bbc8x.jpg

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-bills-young-leaders-working-on-discipline-comfort

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Blame Whaley... he's the reason we lost woods.