Watkins, Woods, 6-100, 6-81. Benjamin, Jones, 2-19, 2-63

Foreigner

On 9/20/2018 at 1:23 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-sammy-watkins-20180313-story.html%3foutputType=amp

they also immediately traded a 1st for Cooks after Sammy left.  Weird that good offensive coaches like McVay and Reid value Sammy but Bills’ fans don’t.  But Bills probably are correct.

what I meant in my post

Sammy wasn’t what they wanted to risk big $ on.  

The Rams saw the trade as an opportunity to add a deep threat, though one with a history of injuries.

If Watkins remained healthy and flourished, they planned to possibly sign him to a long-term contract.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 9/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

agreed

but hey, I'm happy to be proven wrong   if there is a link to prove it.  Sammy under performed there and Woods out played him. 

one moved on and one got the big bucks.  the prior had to get big bucks from KC with a buyer beware sticker.

if you pass to 11 different guys one guy isn't going to get 8 for 100 all the time 

even distribution will equal lower #'s  Occam's razor ..   

Not the correct usage for Occam's Razor

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Not the correct usage for Occam's Razor

Maybe not     

The simplest solution tends to be the right one.

You can’t rack up a hundred yards if you distribute passes to 11 players with under 300 yards.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 9/20/2018 at 1:00 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Link?    Was that contract for sub par WR $? 

...just a wild guess that the number was close to his 5th year @ $13 mil......which would have been an overpayment.....didn't they get UFA Woods for $ 8 mil/yr?.....was Sammy worth $ 5 mil more?......$48 mil with $30 mil guaranteed from KC rivals the "Great Train Robbery" so far....

On 9/20/2018 at 5:34 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

Notice the when healthy part.  He put up the same numbers as AB and Julio in a 9 week stretch with TT as his QB.  If stays healthy, come tell me at the end of the season or send me some one that actually knows about football at the end of the season.  He was the consensus top WR in that draft for a reason.  His only issue is the worst one to have. Being able to play a whole season.

Sammy only missed one game last year and he didn't put up eye popping numbers despite being on a very good offense with an emerging young QB. I think Sammy is a good player maybe even a very good player but I don't see him being a top 5 WR in the league even if he stays healthy. I see him as  DeSean Jackson type player, which is a big play WR but one that isn't an elite all around player. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, billsfan89 said:

Sammy only missed one game last year and he didn't put up eye popping numbers despite being on a very good offense with an emerging young QB. I think Sammy is a good player maybe even a very good player but I don't see him being a top 5 WR in the league even if he stays healthy. I see him as  DeSean Jackson type player, which is a big play WR but one that isn't an elite all around player. 

Look at the TDs

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Look at the TDs

Sammy is on his second team in a row in a high powered offense with a very good QB.  He still isn't putting up the numbers.  There is a reason for this and its not because he is a glorified decoy.  Top receivers around the league put up stats without being a decoy.  Not worth the contract IMO.

Member when people would cite Benjamin as an example of how Whaley made a huge mistake in trading up for Sammy? Also, OBJ is an overrated player, and a cancer in the Giants organization. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Sammy is on his second team in a row in a high powered offense with a very good QB.  He still isn't putting up the numbers.  There is a reason for this and its not because he is a glorified decoy.  Top receivers around the league put up stats without being a decoy.  Not worth the contract IMO.

Not worth contract, but worth a second. Deal was smart, all things considering.

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Look I’m done arguing about it anyone that doesn’t realize he has elite talent isn’t worth my time. He had a 9 game stretch with a mediocre QB that he proved it.  Both those teams have many weapons, they don’t need to depend on one guy.  Andy Reid certainly paid him like one didn’t he.  I suppose you know more than him though right.

Still waiting for that big Sammy explosion ...

Still waiting for all that talent to put together one season better than any Steve Johnson had in his 3 year stretch as the Bills #1. 

The Rams couldn't coax a huge season out of him, and he's clearly behind Hill and Kelce in the KC pecking order. 

A lot of games in his career with 3 catches and <35 yards.

6 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Why are people still knocking Watkins, Woods, Goodwin etc.

Must be jealousy. They are all miles ahead who we have. It isn't even close. Complain about what we got

and you will finally get smart.

Only Woods IMO and to be honest, he didn't look that good in a bills uniform.

Another day, another hindsight thread.