Watkins, Woods, 6-100, 6-81. Benjamin, Jones, 2-19, 2-63

Foreigner

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bean not talking to Sammy was well reported.  I honestly couldn’t believe he admitted.  Sammy just turned 25.  The Bills killed Tyrod’s one good passing game skill by trading him.  And now, we gave Allen the worst wrs in the entire nfl.

and no most teams don’t do this.  I love the Pegulas.  I really do.  But they forced two coaches on Whaley.  Then, they picked the coach with the old GM and then fired him to hire McDermott’s friend. No, most well run teams don’t do that and you’re kidding yourself if you think they do.

Show me some evidence that they were friends, can you post some pictures of their families going on vacation together, then I'll agree they are friends.  Though even then many times staff members do socialize together.   They both worked together for the same team for a few seasons, that hardly makes them friends.  They didn't go to college together or follow eachother from team to team.  How many times do you hear a team hires a new HC and right away he brings some of his old staff with him.  Rex brought half his Jets staff here.  Marrone brought Hackett and then brought him to Jax too.  Based on your definition, that must make them all friends too.  Well if so, then yes all the teams are doing it.

Bill Pollian had worked with Marv Levy in the CFL guess he hired his friend too.

I do agree that TP forced two coaches on Whaley, if he was allowed to pick his own guy who would he likely have chosen, probably someone he had some type of prior relationship with previously.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All I want to do is dance dance dance ? 

I don’t get your point 

what i posted stands

Allen started the first game of his professional career in Week 2 of the 2018 season. He completed 18 passes for 245 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. In fact, Allen’s initial outing produced the most yardage for a Bills quarterback in his first career start since Kelly threw for 292 yards against the New York Jets on September 7, 1986.

My last girlfriend only weighed 215 lbs.  since my previous two girlfriends were 250 and 275, clearly this is the best girlfriend I have had.  

Allen, thanks to a garbage time drive, is my least fat girlfriend. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Show me some evidence that they were friends, can you post some pictures of their families going on vacation together, then I'll agree they are friends.  Though even then many times staff members do socialize together.   They both worked together for the same team for a few seasons, that hardly makes them friends.  They didn't go to college together or follow eachother from team to team.  How many times do you hear a team hires a new HC and right away he brings some of his old staff with him.  Rex brought half his Jets staff here.  Marrone brought Hackett and then brought him to Jax too.  Based on your definition, that must make them all friends too.  Well if so, then yes all the teams are doing it.

Bill Pollian had worked with Marv Levy in the CFL guess he hired his friend too.

I do agree that TP forced two coaches on Whaley, if he was allowed to pick his own guy who would he likely have chosen, probably someone he had some type of prior relationship with previously.

Polian was the GM first and then hired his head coach.  I really don’t know many other times it has gone the other way.  The GM’s main job is to hire a head coach.  I can’t believe some fans think what the Bills have been doing is normal.  It’s not. 

The entire NFL landscape is covered with ex Bills doing for their teams what they did not do

for the Bills. Would the Bills have been better off with Alanzo rather than McCoy? Who knows.

I just know we have not won with with McCoy and his production keeps going down hill because

he has no OL to open space for him.

You make good points. It looks like the mentality was to clean up in the first few seasons. I didn't see the tank coming in the second season but I understand it.

It doesn't mean that they are not aware of the situation and it has always been part of the game plan. You as a fan are not happy about it but I respect it. It is frustrating to see your team get destroyed.

I think it will all make sense in a few seasons or it will crash and burn and the owners hit the reset button again. 

We are in a tank season I think.

Edited by Lfod

You obviously don't know what a cap is! /s. This will be our ongoing excuse for years. How Whaley from the grave is embezzling cap money for a Watkins charity or something dumb like that.

It's not a great excuse given how bad we are. The Jets were famously in cap hell where Tannenbaum's tenure was heavily publicized. We're not even close to that. What happened the year Tannenbaum left and the 2 following in this cap hell in 2013? 9-7, 4-12, 10-6, weird. That's a pretty quick process.

"Prior to the season, the Jets made a number of moves, including, re-acquiring Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, two cornerbacks who were instrumental in the Jets previous defensive success, and obtaining Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brandon Marshall in trades."

sounds like they tried to get better and did. Are they still a poorly managed franchise? Yeah. But they got better and were attempting to rebuild simultaneously.. impossible!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think foreigner makes some bad threads, but the fact that all you can do is insult him and not show he's wrong might be evidence of a problem here 

Sums up how I feel. Give me the specifics on why we have to be so bad and how we can get better. I'm not seeing it with Beane in control.

All I say is "we don't have to be this BAD. in fact we're not even trying".. and the amount of attacks with no specifics on how dumb I am is ridiculous.

We didn't try to be any good, at least I hope not because if this is Beane trying then it's hopelessly incompetent. Those aren't "facts" but it's a true statement either way. So I beg the question and never get the answer, why do we have to suck so much and why are fans gravy about it. Please enlighten me without saying process. Tell me exactly what the best case scenario is for this year, next year, and the year after. What is going on in Beane's Mastermind head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All Bills Wrs

169 Yards, 1 TD

Watkins

121 Yards, 0 TDs

All Bills Wrs

1,474 Yards, 9 TDs

Sammy

593 Yards, 8TDs

All Bills Wrs

1,499 Yards, 8 TDs

Watkins

430 Yards, 2 TDs (8 games)

All Bills Wrs

1,303 Yards, 7 TDs

Watkins

1,047 Yards, 9 TDs

All Bills Wrs

1,267 Yards, 10 TDs

Watkins

982 Yards, 6 TDs

Total 2014-2018

All Bills Wrs 

5,712 Yards, 35 TDs

Watkins

3,173 Yards, 25 TDs

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Josh used 11 different receivers and was the first rookie QB with the most passing yards since Jim Kelly.  

Mic drop

That is what I want to see....spread the ball around !  Our WRs will have more catches and yards when Allen gets in sync with them during practice.   We had the same situation 4 seasons ago when we had a 3-headed monster at QB in camp....No one could get in sync.  This is where Darnold benefits because he has been working the #1s all through TC.

Allen all the way!  Cut your rookie mistakes by more practice and you will be fine

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

I don't really see it as a tank season, but more like a continuation of last season but with a young QB. The more reps he gets the better this offense will be. 

and with less talent this year.  The loss on the OL will be too hard to overcome this year even if Allen is a better QB than Tyrod.

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

I think it will all make sense in a few seasons or it will crash and burn and the owners hit the reset button again. 

We are in a tank season I think.

This is how the NFL works!

• Like (+1) 1

Woods week 1:  3 for 36

Watkins week 1:  3 for 21

OP can cherry pick his stats, so can I.  Proving that using one game to indict a decision is worthless.  And I say that as one who would have liked to see Sammy stay.  

The OP also ignores that Woods got an 8 million a year deal, and that it was Whaley who did not negotiate an extension before he hit free agency.  Plus it was widely reported he wanted to be back on the west coast.

Sammy?  He wanted the big contract, was coming off an injury that kept him out of ten games the prior year.  They traded him, and the Rams also did not see him as worth a big contract so they also let him go.  To akC.  Who in game 1 paid a lot of money for 3 catches for 21 yards.

The Rams had a rookie QB two seasons ago, did horribly, then they used their off season to draft and use FA to put more weapons around him.  The Bills this season have a rookie QB, we'll see how he does, and have an offseason with a ton of draft picks and cap space to put more weapons around him.

Just putting facts out there.  Some folks here say not to just insult the OP but give evidence why he's wrong.  There you go.

• Like (+1) 2