The Bills Worked Out Eight Players Yesterday

26CornerBlitz

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills workout eight to try and shore up a few depth issues

It’s no secret that the Buffalo Bills have some depth issues. Throw a ball and it’ll most likely hit a position that needs help.

Buffalo has holes on both sides of the ball and the eight players they chose to workout are shots in the dark to try and plug them. Although the Bills didn’t officially announce all of the eight players, football insider Adam Caplan got the scoop on five of them that matter.

The Bills don't have "some depth issues".  They have a significant lack of NFL caliber players on their roster, period, including most of the starters on both sides of the ball.

Just now, SoTier said:

The Bills don't have "some depth issues".  They have a significant lack of NFL caliber players on their roster, period, including most of the starters on both sides of the ball.

I disagree with regard to the starters on defense.  It's the offense that has too many questionable starters. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I disagree with regard to the starters on defense.  It's the offense that has too many questionable starters. 

The defense isn't the dumpster fire that the offense is, but that isn't saying much, and they haven't played very well so far.  White, Hyde, Poyer, and Hughes are bonafide NFL talents.  At this point in their careers, Williams and Alexander are somewhat questionable.  Star and MIlano are JAGs at best.  Edmunds is a rookie struggling to adjust to an entirely new situation.  The rest of the Bills defensive roster is trash, although a better class of trash than the steaming pile of offal that's on offense it's true. 

10 hours ago, skibum said:

This front office is brutal. You have an 8-month off-season to get your house in order for opening day. You get to pick a hundred players and select the best 53. And here we are, just two weeks into the season, and they are already scrambling to find talent. 

Not too familiar with how NFL teams operate, are ya?

59 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am suprised they brought in Michael Bennett, but he can certainly help the pass rush. Paszor is an interesting depth type of player who could probably start at guard right now. Quinton Dial is a massive person who would add depth to the defensive line. 

I assume you know this is not the good Michael Bennett currently playing on the Eagles. He would not be a character fit, but we could definitely use him. 

You're righ about Pastzor. He has started in this league and is well worth a tire kick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

The defense isn't the dumpster fire that the offense is, but that isn't saying much, and they haven't played very well so far.  White, Hyde, Poyer, and Hughes are bonafide NFL talents.  At this point in their careers, Williams and Alexander are somewhat questionable.  Star and MIlano are JAGs at best.  Edmunds is a rookie struggling to adjust to an entirely new situation.  The rest of the Bills defensive roster is trash, although a better class of trash than the steaming pile of offal that's on offense it's true. 

So they're good at safety.  They're good at one CB.  They're OK at LB including the rookie who's figuring it out.  They're good atone DE, OK with Star, And while you didn't mention it Phillips and Kyle are hardly trash.  So when you say the rest of the D is trash, from what I can add up that is one position, the CB other than White, out of 11.  The rest of the D.  Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Even his collegiate career is unspectacular 

They bring guys in to take a look at based on what their pro scouting department has seen in pre-season etc.  It is a look see.  It is not Armageddon.  It is how NFL teams do things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

this team has 99 problems, but working out street FAs on Tuesdays like the rest of the league is not one of them 

I don't believe anyone is complaining THAT we are working out players BUT rather WHO they are working out.

I sure hope that THIS front office is not trying to out cheap Ralph Wilson - Dear Lord...

Pasztor seems as good of an addition you can get at the moment. I also noticed 49ers released OT Matt Tobin, don't know much about him but some added veteran depth might help. 

Also found this article on him earlier this year when he signed with the Pats this past offseason. 

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2018/03/what_to_know_about_new_england_7.html

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I don't believe anyone is complaining THAT we are working out players BUT rather WHO they are working out.

I sure hope that THIS front office is not trying to out cheap Ralph Wilson - Dear Lord...

Ok then.  I would like you to tell me who you would be working out.  Today.  Right now.  Who is out there available that you would work out, based on your review of their play on film, etc.

This really gets tedious.  Most all of here have never seen probably the vast majority of these guys play, I can pretty much guarantee none of us have seen film on them, but because the Bills do what every other team in the league does, bring in guys that aren't on rosters now for a look-see, somehow we're wrong. 

I saw them brought in linemen.  Great, we need them in my opinion..  If they see a guy they think is an upgrade, great.  GIve it a shot.  They see a WR they think might help, give him a shot.  If they don't help, at least you tried.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I assume you know this is not the good Michael Bennett currently playing on the Eagles. He would not be a character fit, but we could definitely use him. 

You're righ about Pastzor. He has started in this league and is well worth a tire kick.

Oh my...yeah I thought it was the good one. I thought he got released or something! Thanks.