Where Would a Bills Upset of the Vikes Rank in Bills History Since 1999?

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Notable underdog victories I remember:

Opening Day 2014 against Da Bears think we were like 7 or 8 point underdogs that day.

2001 second to last game against the Jets

2008 second to last game against the Broncos

At home it was.  In 2016 we beat them in Foxboro but only because Brady was still under suspension 

Oh yes I forgot about that 2016 game 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

34-31

It was sweet

That game will be 7 years to date next Tuesday already.  

Trying not to be a Debbie downer but it’s like we get those great moments every couple of years but they seem to fade out rather fast.  Like breaking the drought last year 

It would be the upset of the century.

Also low-key annoyed Kirk Cousins seems to be working out for them. I was convinced they should have kept Keenum and not fix what's not broken. Them and the Saints are monsters in the NFC.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

That game will be 7 years to date next Tuesday already.  

Trying not to be a Debbie downer but it’s like we get those great moments every couple of years but they seem to fade out rather fast.  Like breaking the drought last year 

I still regret taking sustained success/playoffs for granted, where every Sunday I just expected the Bills to come out and dominate, and it would be more of a surprise if they lost—the 17 years before last taught me appreciation if nothing else though. We deserve to hit the lotto with Allen, I’d say we’re due 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Really am having trouble remembering a regular season game since the Bills have been consistently mediocre post-1999, where the outcome was already so decided in everyone's minds, both nationally and amongst fellow Bills fans, than what is expected to be in store for us this Sunday facing a top-5 Minnie Defense and solid O. Does anyone have any votes for games during that stretch where the Bills pulled out an even more unlikely "W" and surprised the world? 

beating the Cheese at the Ralph in 2014.

any win over the Patsies**

2006 home opener vs the Seahawks who had been to NF C Chapionship the year before and SB 2 years before

2013 vs defending SB champ Raisins with EJ the man under

2017 vs defending NFC champs Falcons

2004 Putting a major hurt on the playoff bound Seahawks in their own house.

2015 Knocking the 10-5 Jets out of the playoffs

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

In 2016 we beat them in Foxboro but only because Brady was still under suspension 

We would have won anyway.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Random head scratchers happen more often in September. 2 games isn’t a lot of data to “know” what these two teams are. It would be a surprise, but not shocking.

It would be shocking with this team. Overall I agree with your point, but this team is horrendous

Not as up there as a winless Bills win on MNF for the first time in 13 years against the visiting undefeated Dallas Cowboys...

Oh wait, we choked away a lead gifted to us by a 6 turnover game from Tony Romo & lost in humiliating fashion in the last seconds of the game :(

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I guess you forgot at Atlanta last season?

Local sports radio down here in the Atl are usually pretty tame towards the Falcons, esp. compared to media in the northern markets, but that week they unloaded to my delight, as no one expected that egg from the defending NFC champs. 

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would think, September 2011 Week 3 when the Bills with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center beat the Patriots***. 

The Patriots*** were 14-2 the previous year and unexpectedly lost in the Division round, and they had a bone in their teeth (and went on to the Superbowl that year, where the Giants beat them).

The Bills had been 4-12 the previous year and were widely expected to be "more of the same".   They were leading us nicely, 24-17 in the 3rd quarter.  We won 34-31.   Mwa-ha-ha

Brady and Welker were sweeeeeet to watch in the post-game pressers.

I''m not 100%, but I think that may have been the last time we beat them, too.

I believe we beat them in week 17 one year when the Pats sat Brady at the half.  Marrone's 9-7 year in 2014.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Foreigner said:

why don't you post after it happens, if it does. why now, what is the point. 

One of the main points of this thread is when have we ever stared down worse odds coming into a game than this week? So it's more of identifying a correlation to games in our history than it is trying to predict an actual outcome. I for one am curious where this would rank in our history. If we can't talk about what interests us for every aspect of these games before and after, then what is the point of having a discussion board?  

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Not as up there as a winless Bills win on MNF for the first time in 13 years against the visiting undefeated Dallas Cowboys...

Oh wait, we choked away a lead gifted to us by a 6 turnover game from Tony Romo & lost in humiliating fashion in the last seconds of the game :(

I remember staying up late watching that one unbelievably slip away and feeling like it was worse than if the game had been a blowout--Bills had to dig deep into their bag of despair to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory that night