Where Would a Bills Upset of the Vikes Rank in Bills History Since 1999?

Really am having trouble remembering a regular season game since the Bills have been consistently mediocre post-1999, where the outcome was already so decided in everyone's minds, both nationally and amongst fellow Bills fans, than what is expected to be in store for us this Sunday facing a top-5 Minnie Defense and solid O. Does anyone have any votes for games during that stretch where the Bills pulled out an even more unlikely "W" and surprised the world? 

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Really am having trouble remembering a regular season game since the Bills have been consistently mediocre post-1999, where the outcome was already so decided in everyone's minds, both nationally and amongst fellow Bills fans, than what is expected to be in store for us this Sunday facing a top-5 Minnie Defense and solid O. Does anyone have any votes for games during that stretch where the Bills pulled out an even more unlikely "W" and surprised the world? 

not even close to remembering one

EJ took them down the field like a boss to win in Carolina in the last two minutes

that's about it for satisfying wins since 2000?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What about the home opener in 2003--beat Brady with the ugly stick 31-0, then of course in very Bills fashion, lost to them by the same score in Foxboro at the end of the same year. Not sure what the Vegas line was for that first game though. 

there's one good win

15 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

It would be #1. If for some reason the Bills win this game, it will throw the experts into fits. No one will know what to do? Reporters will sit in front of the camera utterly speechless, just shaking their heads.

not at all

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, row_33 said:

EJ took them down the field like a boss to win in Carolina in the last two minutes

I think the Bills beat the SB champs that year too.

the Bills are always the feisty underdogs and randomly pull upsets.  I don’t think the Vikes are so super team.  I don’t see any chance of the Bills winning but I won’t be completely shocked.  

would it even rank? seems early for claiming such a feat with this only being week 3?

if they were to beat the 1-0-1 vikes on the road this week, I wouldn't see it as any ranking victory but damn sure would be a happy fan.

I don't see a win but I didn't see them winning in atlanta last season either.

Edited by no name

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

I guess you forgot at Atlanta last season?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The 1980 miracle on ice ? 

( not Bills related)  but that’s what beating the Vikes would feel like ( to me ) 

Goooo Bills !!! ( the miracle in Minnesota) 

Edited by Putin

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I would think, September 2011 Week 3 when the Bills with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center beat the Patriots***. 

The Patriots*** were 14-2 the previous year and unexpectedly lost in the Division round, and they had a bone in their teeth (and went on to the Superbowl that year, where the Giants beat them).

The Bills had been 4-12 the previous year and were widely expected to be "more of the same".   They were leading us nicely, 24-17 in the 3rd quarter.  We won 34-31.   Mwa-ha-ha

Brady and Welker were sweeeeeet to watch in the post-game pressers.

I''m not 100%, but I think that may have been the last time we beat them, too.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

I would say that win at Atlanta last year as well 

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

Notable underdog victories I remember:

Opening Day 2014 against Da Bears think we were like 7 or 8 point underdogs that day.

2001 second to last game against the Jets

2008 second to last game against the Broncos

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would think, September 2011 Week 3 when the Bills with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center beat the Patriots***. 

The Patriots*** were 14-2 the previous year and unexpectedly lost in the Division round, and they had a bone in their teeth (and went on to the Superbowl that year, where the Giants beat them).

The Bills had been 4-12 the previous year and were widely expected to be "more of the same".   They were leading us nicely, 24-17 in the 3rd quarter.

Mwa-ha-ha

Brady and Welker were sweeeeeet to watch in the post-game pressers.

I''m not 100%, but I think that may have been the last time we beat them, too.

At home it was.  In 2016 we beat them in Foxboro but only because Brady was still under suspension