Nantz and Romo for Bills-Vikes

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Romo is not an idiot, he is one of the few announces actually know what he is talking about and worth listening to, one of the very few guys I actually learn something.  

i have to figure they aren't pushing to provide commentators who have something useful to say

Romo has been the best thing to hit the airwaves in 20 years

• Like (+1) 3

Romo is good but he's no Irv Weinstein.  Hopefully those two guys bring their NoDoz.  Game will be over by the end of 1st quarter.  Maybe they can talk about Shady getting suspended for 3 quarters.   

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not necessarily.  He'll be like Beuerlein at worst, hard to listen to if you're a fanboy homer, but fair.

What do people want to hear, all fluff and how great he is when he clearly makes huge mistakes?   I would find the insulting if not nauseating to listen to, like listening to politicians lie. 

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Romo has been the best thing to hit the airwaves in 20 years

I agree. He's the best analyst I've heard in a long time. Pair him up with Al Michaels in his prime, and you'd have the best announcing combo the NFL has ever had.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What do people want to hear, all fluff and how great he is when he clearly makes huge mistakes?   I would find the insulting if not nauseating to listen to, like listening to politicians lie. 

Can't speak for other people. 

I thought Beuerlein was tough but fair, and had the vet NFL QB's perspective on what falls to Allen's area of responsibility. On 'GR, he made it clear he likes Allen, thought he was a good prospect pre-draft, and hopes he'll learn and succeed.

I enjoy Romo and think he'll be likewise.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

No, because Romo is an idiot whos over critical of QBs. He thinks he’s special because he has some experience at that position, even though he was often injured and choked when healthy.

Wow, bad take.  "Some experience at that position" is a durn strange way to describe Romo's 12 years, 127 games started in the NFL.  He was a very experienced NFL starter, and he can see so much, so quickly, that the TV producers evidently had to tell him to stand down before the teams piped a feed of him into the OC's helmet.

I mean, your taste and all if you find him annoying or what not, but let's not be silly about it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can't speak for other people. 

I thought Beuerlein was tough but fair, and had the vet NFL QB's perspective on what falls to Allen's area of responsibility. On 'GR, he made it clear he likes Allen, thought he was a good prospect pre-draft, and hopes he'll learn and succeed.

I enjoy Romo and think he'll be likewise.

Wow, bad take.  "Some experience at that position" is a durn strange way to describe Romo's 12 years, 127 games started in the NFL.  He was a very experienced NFL starter, and he can see so much, so quickly, that the TV producers evidently had to tell him to stand down before the teams piped a feed of him into the OC's helmet.

I mean, your taste and all if you find him annoying or what not, but let's not be silly about it.

I just don’t care enough to argue about some Non-Bill.  

Bad take? I’m not the only one who shares this opinion. 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Why would CBS send their A-Team to cover a game that's not likely to be competitive?

What if the Bills shock the world? How many heads will explode nationally and in these boards? The survivor pools will be all but over. I ask because I wonder if this will be the ultimate trap game for the Vikes 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, COTC said:

I just don’t care enough to argue about some Non-Bill. 

Right, I always respond with a justification for my position when I don't care.  If you're "not the only one who shares this opinion" that it's a good take to describe a veteran NFL QB who played 12 years and started 127 games as having "some experience at the position", then other folks have a poorly fact- synced take

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I agree. He's the best analyst I've heard in a long time. Pair him up with Al Michaels in his prime, and you'd have the best announcing combo the NFL has ever had.

....guy has certainly made a name for himself early on....EXTREMELY knowledgeable, smart, articulate and knows how much to add without being over bearing....bet he could break into the ranks as a position coach, but why leave the comfort of "the booth"...Men's Room is first door on the left.....'nuff said..........

43 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What if the Bills shock the world? How many heads will explode nationally and in these boards? The survivor pools will be all but over. I ask because I wonder if this will be the ultimate trap game for the Vikes 

My heart says "Yes" but my brain says "C'mon, Man." ?