Vontae money coming back

foreboding

53 minutes ago, Doc said:

So is that statement he put out.

Yup.  And like I said, he did the Bills a favor by retiring and allowing them to get most of their money back, instead of forcing them to cut him.

Exactly, we'll recoup most of the money and it will allow us to play a young and hungry player like Lewis.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

still on that horse huh?

giphy.gif

You can speak in absolutes. I'll wait for it to actually happen. At this point Bills haven't even started the process to get the money back and Davis hasn't sent in retirement papers. Everything being said is conjecture. I'm not dumb enough to believe it'll end this clean.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

He's obviously very concerned that if the Bills recoup the money he won't be able to keep blathering on about them wasting $5mm.

The money is secondary, signing Davis was a mistake unless they thought they were making the PO. If they thought they were making the PO and finish 3-13 or south of 8 wins has to add questions to their judgement.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

You can speak in absolutes. I'll wait for it to actually happen. At this point Bills haven't even started the process to get the money back and Davis hasn't sent in retirement papers. Everything being said is conjecture. I'm not dumb enough to believe it'll end this clean.

Ok well if he hasn’t officially retired does he have any intention of playing for Buffalo ever again?

Is he going to daily practice or workouts? If he isn’t, he might as well be retired. You don’t get paid if you don’t show up, and he isn’t showing up. 

Pegs will I’ll get his money back, rest assured. It might not happen overnight, but he will get it. 

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

The money is secondary, signing Davis was a mistake unless they thought they were making the PO. If they thought they were making the PO and finish 3-13 or south of 8 wins has to add questions to their judgement.

as a rule, i don't generally like to speak in absolutes and very rarely ever do. however, this whole discussion with you was based upon your almost absolute assertion that he was going to claim injury and not 'retire'. my postings all along have been to point out just how ludacris that position essentially is.

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

Ok well if he hasn’t officially retired does he have any intention of playing for Buffalo ever again?

Is he going to daily practice or workouts? If he isn’t, he might as well be retired. You don’t get paid if you don’t show up, and he isn’t showing up. 

Pegs will I’ll get his money back, rest assured. It might not happen overnight, but he will get it. 

Playing devils advocate here, he could force them to put him on IR. He was injured in camp. If you read his statement it talks about how his body felt. If he wants he could fight this. I'm not even saying he will. I'm just saying I doubt it will be clean.

Just now, Foxx said:

as a rule, i don't generally like to speak in absolutes and very rarely ever do. however, this whole discussion with you was based upon your almost absolute assertion that he was going to claim injury and not 'retire'. my postings all along have been to point out just how ludacris that position essentially is.

I always say he could. I never said I knew what he would do. You read it that way. I don't know what will happen.

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

He's not retired until he submit his papers to the league. His people can still claim he wasn't to play but he's injured. He should give it back but I doubt he will.

I don't think Vontae gets to play that card.  They will take it to arbitration and it will be a binding judgement under the CBA.   It comes back.

There are procedures to follow if a player is injured that the players fought for under the CBA.  Advises the coach, if the coach says "rub it, walk it off, and get back in there" player can go to the trainers/team physicians, they examine him say "you're fine", he has a right to a 2nd opinion.  Tell the coach 'I'm done', put on your street clothes, and walk out at half time is not one of those procedures. 

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Playing devils advocate here, he could force them to put him on IR.

How?  The Bills are said to already have a roster exemption for him, pending his retirement.   How would he force them to do so? 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vontae-davis-ryan-lewis/

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

...I always say he could. I never said I knew what he would do. You read it that way. I don't know what will happen.

okay, sure. i think if we were to go back though, we would see that your assertions were slightly more than just, 'could'.

no worries, it's all good though. go bills!

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

They’ll get their money back. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Vontae gets to play that card.  They will take it to arbitration and it will be a binding judgement under the CBA. 

How?  The Bills are said to already have a roster exemption for him, pending his retirement.   How would he force them to do so? 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vontae-davis-ryan-lewis/

I don't know enough about how they use this exemption so I won't comment other then to say he has not been placed on the retired list and he still belong to the team until his contract is resolved.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So is that statement he put out.

Yup.  And like I said, he did the Bills a favor by retiring and allowing them to get most of their money back, instead of forcing them to cut him.

Absolutely. 

He 100% did the Bills a favor here, if we are able to reclaim the majority of his money (which looks almost definite). 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Most likely.  But they have to go through arbitration first, and if Davis really wants to be a pain in the ass, he can probably string it out.

He could.  But it will be wrapped-up before next season and the money-back is useless this season.