Maroon 5 to play Super Bowl halftime

YoloinOhio

I'm surprised the all inclusive push for a LGBT singer hasn't happened yet.  Seem company's are trend towards it.  What about that chick who clucked like an actual chicken for her song on Eurovision?  That'd really get the NFL rating up...lol

All joking aside, this is very blah whatever I won't watch.  At least with Katie Perry and Lady Gaga it was a good looking chick to watch on mute.  

Maroon 5 screams we need more fans by the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Funny one, better than Jeff Beck?

Discretionary

Decide here

There are more available.  And either way his voice is ten times better. And he's wayyyy cute.  ????

Edited by Boyst62

4 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

That’s right it is. You don’t see his face on guitar players magazine like the other legends. Please.

Listen to his work

He is a pop music douche. He won't get the Fame as some Indie nobody who only 16 people and their aunt as heard of because some ridiculous shitrag like the Rolling Stone accredited some obscure ridiculous act better.   Let your ears decide. Opinions vary but don't be obtuse

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Easily as good as Jeff Beck.

That people don't even choose to except this is ridiculous. 

Can I drop a bomb?  Glenn Campbell is a top 5 guitarist of all time, probably better than Jeff Beck and way ahead of him, too

Totally different style but amazing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/08/glen-campbell-was-a-guitar-godhere-is-proof.html

Edited by Boyst62

5 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Your crazy. Levine in the same category lol.

I'm not crazy.  It's just my opinion.  I've been listening to "guitar legends," for over 30 years; including Jeff Beck.

Jeff Beck is as overrated as Adam Levine is underrated.  Just spend a little time on youtube.  Even if you don't agree with me, you should at least be able to understand why some - like me - have the opinion that Levine is as good/better than Jeff Beck.

Just because a guy's been around forever and people still know his name, doesn't mean he's "awesome," or "one of the best."  I'll add Carlos Santana to that list, too.  Great guitarist - but great guitarists are everywhere.  And Levine is easily one of them.

EDIT:  John Mayer is a lot like Adam Levine.  Smart enough to make TONS of money by singing bubblegum pop crap music to young girls; but still a ridiculous guitarist.  And I think Mayer IS one of the best guitarists alive, today. 

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Can I drop a bomb?  Glenn Campbell is a top 5 guitarist of all time, probably better than Jeff Beck and way ahead of him, too

Totally different style but amazing

Glenn Campbell, Roy Clark, Chet Atkins .... all better than MOST who've ever played.

Jeff Beck's not even in the conversation about "all time greats," IMO.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Listen to his work

He is a pop music douche. He won't get the Fame as some Indie nobody who only 16 people and their aunt as heard of because some ridiculous shitrag like the Rolling Stone accredited some obscure ridiculous act better.   Let your ears decide. Opinions vary but don't be obtuse

That people don't even choose to except this is ridiculous. 

It's not about having the talent, it's what you do with that talent, right?

What has Adam Levine created? 

Does Glen Campbell have an awesome original guitar solo?

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not crazy.  It's just my opinion.  I've been listening to "guitar legends," for over 30 years; including Jeff Beck.

Jeff Beck is as overrated as Adam Levine is underrated.  Just spend a little time on youtube.  Even if you don't agree with me, you should at least be able to understand why some - like me - have the opinion that Levine is as good/better than Jeff Beck.

Just because a guy's been around forever and people still know his name, doesn't mean he's "awesome," or "one of the best."  I'll add Carlos Santana to that list, too.  Great guitarist - but great guitarists are everywhere.  And Levine is easily one of them.

EDIT:  John Mayer is a lot like Adam Levine.  Smart enough to make TONS of money by singing bubblegum pop crap music to young girls; but still a ridiculous guitarist.  And I think Mayer IS one of the best guitarists alive, today. 

Glenn Campbell, Roy Clark, Chet Atkins .... all better than MOST who've ever played.

Jeff Beck's not even in the conversation about "all time greats," IMO.

Like times 9000

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's not about having the talent, it's what you do with that talent, right?

What has Adam Levine created? 

Does Glen Campbell have an awesome original guitar solo?

Made millions.  Entertained billions.  Sold more then Jeff Beck could fart at, too.

If you look up top you'll see several of many that Campbell had. I can break out the Chet Atkins, too.  His cover of Vincent is one of my favorite songs ever and epitomizes, to me, the perfect love song.