Maroon 5 to play Super Bowl halftime

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Jeff Beck is overated how.

Jeff Beck has played with everybody. Levine has guest with whom

I once saw Gary Clarke Jr.  Very good guitarist. He announced he would be joined by a legend, someone who mentored him growing up.  It was insane. The guy was very very good.  No one had ever heard of him, and I don't even care to remember him. But, by your standards a dude like that gets more accolades that someone like Campbell or Levine.

Google for yourself the Campbell and Chet Atkins influence on modern music.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Like times 9000

Made millions.  Entertained billions.  Sold more then Jeff Beck could fart at, too.

If you look up top you'll see several of many that Campbell had. I can break out the Chet Atkins, too.  His cover of Vincent is one of my favorite songs ever and epitomizes, to me, the perfect love song.

Cover.

That's my point.

Not what they sell.

What they create.

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Cover.

That's my point.

Not what they sell.

What they create.

Then you need to study Chet Atkins. I'm not going to take you to school. This bus left without you.

PS:. Iirc Atkins is in the R&R HOF.

Edit:. Here is what your beloved Rock and Rollers say about the guy: https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/chet-atkins

Few guitarists have had more influence on the instrument than Chet Atkins.

In Atkins' case, his influence extends from the country-music realm into rock and roll. As a studio musician, he appeared on records by Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers, Hank Williams, Roy Orbison and countless country musicians. Atkins thumb-and-fingerpicking style influenced George Harrison, Duane Eddy, the Ventures, Eddie Cochran, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler, as well as innumerable country pickers. Even Ted Nugent has credited Atkins with inspiring him to take up the instrument, saying "I think he influenced everybody who picked up a guitar."

You can choose to continue to be obtuse or just admit this may be a topic that you're not fully capable of weighing in on.  Surely, @Buftex could also chime in quite well, as I would put his criticism of music above most anyone here. 

Edited by Boyst62

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Then you need to study Chet Atkins. I'm not going to take you to school. This bus left without you.

PS:. Iirc Atkins is in the R&R HOF.

Edit:. Here is what your beloved Rock and Rollers say about the guy: https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/chet-atkins

I know Chet and Campbell are in the HoF, at least I assume Campbell is, but it's funny that you chose a cover. Chet performed a lot of covers, in fact.

Campbell was much better.

Waiting for you to make an argument for Adam Levine...

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I know Chet and Campbell are in the HoF, at least I assume Campbell is, but it's funny that you chose a cover. Chet performed a lot of covers, in fact.

Campbell was much better.

Waiting for you to make an argument for Adam Levine...

Listen to him play. Take out that he is a skinny jeans wearing punk and listen to his talent.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Listen to him play. Take out that he is a skinny jeans wearing punk and listen to his talent.

Agreed. While Levine is probably not a RR HOF’er, he can definitely play. He’s a very clever songwriter, and that’s something often lacking in pop music these days. Even if it’s not someone’s cup of tea, talent is recognizable. I can respect his stuff for what it is. I don’t think he ever surpassed the magic on “ Jane” though. “ Sunday Morning” is a masterpiece. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

On 9/19/2018 at 12:58 PM, Blokestradamus said:

I haven't listened to them in years since they became more pop.

Let the record state that Harder To Breathe is a banger though.

I haven't either, and by years I mean ever.......intentionally.

Edited by RaoulDuke79