Bodine New Starter at Center for Week Three at MIN

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Learn how to handle stunts and twists in pass pro...

We have been through this.....you can count on one hand how many assignments Wyatt missed in pre season

You can also count on one hand the times Wyatt lost to his assignment in run blocking

Then you have the starters....who are getting DOMINATED

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

They need to slide Groy to G Bench Miller and start Teller at the other guard. See what you got. It can't be much worse.

The problem is now we are into the regular season and whole sale changes to the OL would probably be even more of disaster.....

I think the best we could hope for is a couple of position changes or having Teller and Miller split reps for a while...maybe the competition improves the play.....

This used to work for Seantrel Henderson...when he was in competition for a job he was a completyely different player

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We have been through this.....you can count on one hand how many assignments Wyatt missed in pre season

You can also count on one hand the times Wyatt lost to his assignment in run blocking

Then you have the starters....who are getting DOMINATED

Teller was destroying guys in run blocking during that last preseason game. It's not a coincidence that we kept running left (with success) the second half of that game. Teller missed one pass blocking assignment that ended up in a sack and some folks are using that one play as evidence that he is no good. But, he was graded as the ACCs best pass blocking guard his last two seasons at Virginia Tech. (I'm admittedly biased on this matter since I'm a Tech season ticket holder!)

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Fixed.

The only thing that made them self created problems is the change in defensive scheme (which your are not going to keep for one player)

You think Edmunds struggled against over the middle routes?  Preston Brown would have been a disaster..they actually would not have even asked him to do it because he cant.

26 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/center/

So which of these centers should the Bills take a run at in the off season? There are a number of young centers who will become FA in 2019..

I did lije Ali Marpet coming out, but truthfully haven't kept up on him. Hows he Looking at the NFL level?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Have not been at all impressed with this guy, but if he can manage to not be tossed into the backfield and into Josh Allen that would be a big improvement I guess.

My question is how many quarters did we make a first down on Sunday.

I think Gory got tossed onto McCoy, fracturing, or not fracturing, his ribs.  

• Like (+1) 1

From Chris Brown's Quick Hits Presser Summary:

Battles being waged on offensive line
After leaving the door open on Monday for some potential changes on Buffalo’s offensive line, McDermott would not confirm that any had or would take place. He did however, leave that option open to him and his offensive staff.

“We’ve got some guys in there that are battling and competing with that first group and that second group,” said McDermott. “So, we’re going to continue to look at that.”

The Bills currently rank 31st in total offense, 25th in rushing, 31st in passing and 31st in first downs.

26 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

They need to slide Groy to G Bench Miller and start Teller at the other guard. See what you got. It can't be much worse.

Per PFF, Ducasse is the NFL’s best pass-blocking guard through the first two weeks of the season with an overall grade of 91.3. He also had a team-high 88.3 pass-blocking grade against the Los Angeles Chargers during a 31-20 loss for the Bills.

Miller finished Week 2 as the highest-rated Bills’ offensive player overall (pass and run blocking combined) with a score of 73.3. Between both Ducasse and Miller, the duo have only surrendered one quarterback pressure in the first two games of the season.

3) The player that surprised the heck out of me

- I teased this out on Twitter, but one player's performance completely shocked me, considering my initial read on his game against the Chargers on Sunday night. That player is none other than right guard John Miller (some of you were right, congratulations!). It just goes to show how vital going back and watching the game from as many different angles as you can, so that way you get an accurate picture as to how players performed. Immediately after the game, I thought Miller had another continuation of Week One, where he looked just a tick slow and was part of the reason for the offensive woes. That was only the case on a pair of snaps. The rest of the game, Miller looked confident and was controlling his one-on-one's on almost a play-to-play basis. I even thought it might be time to see what rookie Wyatt Teller brought to the table, but after seeing the way Miller played in Week Two, I don't think the Bills should do that any longer. Along with Miller, Vladimir Ducasse had another strong showing (and debuts at number five in the season-long grades this week), Dion Dawkins played well against a tough matchup in Melvin Ingram, and even right tackle Jordan Mills had a solid day. Of the five, the biggest weakness was center Ryan Groy -- and that may be the reason that head coach Sean McDermott was hesitant to commit to the same starting offensive line for Week Three. It wasn't as bad of a performance as Week One for Groy, but with a veteran in Russell Bodine right there on the bench, the Bills could feel inclined to make the switch. In all, my apologies to Miller. I was wrong. He had a great game.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Meanwhile Wyatt Teller must be thinking "WTF do I gotta do to get the coaches attn"

Seems as though there was a similar line of thought last year with regard to Miller.

As I understand it, Word is that Castillo is a "my way or the Bench" kind of boss. 

Teller may be getting it done, but if he's not getting it done using Castillo's preferred techniques, his arse is gonna warm the bench until he does it as Castillo wants it done.

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I did lije Ali Marpet coming out, but truthfully haven't kept up on him. Hows he Looking at the NFL level?

Brandon Thorn, one of the OL guys that I follow, absolutely loves Marpet. You can review some of his tweets about him (some with videos) here.

Not sure how he'll hold up this year at LG but he's already got some really good tape at C & RG.

• Like (+1) 2