Bodine New Starter at Center for Week Three at MIN

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Bodine New Starter at Center for Week Three at MIN
On 9/21/2018 at 9:38 PM, 3rdand12 said:

seems so

I might guess Daboll is still figuring out what little he has to work with right now.

maybe his is part of the test for Brian ?
how do YOU deal with a badly dealt hand on game day.
Building character the hard way. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjQg97DvM3dAhWn3YMKHTFsBBsQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F394627986077416994%2F&psig=AOvVaw3kXnUy-a6EuGwA6kzW_3NE&ust=1537666579546305

not sure at all about B Daboll and his new relationship with Juan Castillo.
perhaps. an just a maybe.. Mr D is already looking for a fresh young yet strong  forceful and  flexible new O Line team of Coaches. maybe TES and WRS Coaches as well.
First year in you should be making friends And seeing who is capable of executing his vision.

he will get get his free pass this year from me. Castillos and Friends ? not so much

In addition, I don’t believe Dabol  has been able to bring in his own staff yet...they hired him I don’t recall any other new hires on offense...therefore I could see castillo being gone and a real QB coach brought in after the season

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

In addition, I don’t believe Dabol  has been able to bring in his own staff yet...they hired him I don’t recall any other new hires on offense...therefore I could see castillo being gone and a real QB coach brought in after the season

fair post i think.

Yeah, the offense seemed to function better with Bodine at center. 

It looked like he was calling out/setting protections at the line/helping to identify pressure.  

I don’t know if Groy was doing that.

It is something Eric Wood used to do, and something that I think can be very helpful to Josh Allen. He struggles to recognize pressure, as most rookie QBs do. Having an experienced center that can him in that regard is a good thing for the entire offense, 

Edited by BillsFan4

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He did return and he's fine.

And just in time, too. Groy got his ass handed to him, especially on that sack/fumble that Allen recovered. One of the worst plays I've ever seen a center make. Literally. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And just in time, too. Groy got his ass handed to him, especially on that sack/fumble that Allen recovered. One of the worst plays I've ever seen a center make. Literally. 

I thought the line looked the best when Groy was playing the guard spot for Ducasse. Although, I would have him replace Miller because Vlad hasn't been terrible. 

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The OL was much more stable and organized with Bodine.  His ability to call out blocking assignmnents was a factor is my guess. 

Just heard Chris Brown talking on OBL about this very same thing with regard to Bodine that he attributed to his 64 games of NFL experience.