Bodine New Starter at Center for Week Three at MIN

26CornerBlitz

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL they didn’t even ask him to cover they had to play their defense entirely differently because he was on the field the !@#$ are you watching

They get the internet in Riverside?

https://www.cover1.net/should-he-stay-or-should-he-go-lb-preston-brown/

“Pro Football Focus had him with a 70.4 rating in coverage snaps, a respectable grade for a guy who is supposed to be too slow to play on 3rd downs.”

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They get the internet in Riverside?

https://www.cover1.net/should-he-stay-or-should-he-go-lb-preston-brown/

“Pro Football Focus had him with a 70.4 rating in coverage snaps, a respectable grade for a guy who is supposed to be too slow to play on 3rd downs.”

Just goes to show you there is lies, lies, and stats

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We have been through this.....you can count on one hand how many assignments Wyatt missed in pre season

You can also count on one hand the times Wyatt lost to his assignment in run blocking

Then you have the starters....who are getting DOMINATED

Not really.  Oline played a decent game outside of Groy vs Chargers.    

Too bad Teller isn't a center.  Maybe we could put a headset in his mic and have Eric Wood call the assignments out from the booth.    It worked when Newman did it for Kramer in the library....

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Have not been at all impressed with this guy, but if he can manage to not be tossed into the backfield and into Josh Allen that would be a big improvement I guess.

My question is how many quarters did we make a first down on Sunday.

How many first quarters did we make a first down?  All four of them.  We had 4 less 1st downs than the Chargers did.  Our 3rd down% was 2% better than the Chargers.  Not sure why you would ask that question in this thread.  Maybe I am reading your question wrong.  I have done that many a times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, klos63 said:

why all the love for Wyatt Teller?

because he is a backup that hasn't played so he must be better...just like Groy last year

33 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Cincy made no effort to keep him.  That tells us a lot. 

a lot of teams let players leave when their contracts are up

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We have been through this.....you can count on one hand how many assignments Wyatt missed in pre season

You can also count on one hand the times Wyatt lost to his assignment in run blocking

Then you have the starters....who are getting DOMINATED

He looked good running against vanilla defensive fronts in preseason games 1 and 2 but was ineffective in the third preseason game (as was the whole OL and entire team, for that matter).     

His rawness is a concern for a line that is struggling to find cohesiveness.   If they continue to struggle--and I think we all believe they will--then he'll likely get more reps and possibly a start in a few weeks...

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Cincy made no effort to keep him.  That tells us a lot. 

And made no tangible effort to replace (or demote) him for 4 years. Should tell you something as well, unless you just want to stick to that narrative in your head.

What’s the deal with Groy’s headbobbing prior to the snap? I don’t remember him doing that when making the fill-in starts for Wood. Who added that tic to his snap? Castillo? IIRC, it accounted for two false starts. Disappointing how he had held his own as a sub but now as a starter, he just looks lost and DL winging right around him.

55 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

And made no tangible effort to replace (or demote) him for 4 years. Should tell you something as well, unless you just want to stick to that narrative in your head.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/20/17141958/russell-bodine-turned-down-long-term-contract-offer-bengals

• Like (+1) 1

I just looked through the list of free agents still available.  The cupboard is almost bare when it comes to offensive centers, but one name did catch my attention. Cornelius Edison is essentially a third year player (his fourth year out of college but was injured for most of what would have been his rookie season).  He's been on the PS for several teams and spent a little time on active rosters.  The only thing that makes him a bit interesting is that he is currently on the Vikings roster.  The only reason I bring him up is that it now appears as if center is the weak link in the Bills' offensive line.Ryan Groy is apparently not what we'd hoped he'd be, and Bodine doesn't really look like an answer.  Signing Edison would essentially be grasping at a straw, but sometimes that can pay off.  And, of course, he knows the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buddo said:

In respect of what someone else said earlier in the thread, I think Bodine's experience, may help more, not so much the line, but with getting Allen to recognise the protections/coverages.

...didn't Groy fill in decently when Wood went down?......what the hell happened between then and now?......can we solely attribute the slide to Richie no longer being on his left side?....

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I saw this coming after seeing Groy the last two weeks.  I would have actually been more surprised if he wasn't benched.

The issue is likely not the physical traits.

But calling the proper protections. Groy struggled.

Gunner Bill made note of this as have some of the folks that cover the Bills closely.

Bodine might lose the battles but win the war on the line.

I would want to trust the O line Coach on this.

But I cannot.