Bodine New Starter at Center for Week Three at MIN

26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Brandon Thorn, one of the OL guys that I follow, absolutely loves Marpet. You can review some of his tweets about him (some with videos) here.

Not sure how he'll hold up this year at LG but he's already got some really good tape at C & RG.

Thanks for the link Bloke. Will be sure to read up. ?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The only thing that made them self created problems is the change in defensive scheme (which your are not going to keep for one player)

You think Edmunds struggled against over the middle routes?  Preston Brown would have been a disaster..they actually would not have even asked him to do it because he cant.

False - Brown wasn’t bad in coverage and he didn’t get blown up or blown out of as many running plays.

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

False - Brown wasn’t bad in coverage and he didn’t get blown up or blown out of as many running plays.

LOL they didn’t even ask him to cover they had to play their defense entirely differently because he was on the field the !@#$ are you watching

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Meanwhile Wyatt Teller must be thinking "WTF do I gotta do to get the coaches attn"

Did I miss something with this guy?

Beside being a turnstile in pass pro, what is so great about him?

He was average at best in the running game, so what's the rush?

Give him time to adjust before throwing him into the fold. I couldn't imagine him next to Groy trying to pass block, things would actually be worst... and that's hard to fathom. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'd love to laugh at that but the health of our QB is relative to having somebody block for him ... these guys can't.

I just think of the end of Necessary Roughness where Popke goes to the qb, "I've never tried to block before"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Unfortunately, Bodine  can't help with the guys on either side of him.

Suppose I will drop this in here as well:

"Pro Football Focus provided some stock to that assessment by the Bills’ coordinator. In particular, PFF graded both offensive guards, Vlad Ducasse and John Miller very high in their own regard.

Per PFF, Ducasse is the NFL’s best pass-blocking guard through the first two weeks of the season with an overall grade of 91.3. He also had a team-high 88.3 pass-blocking grade against the Los Angeles Chargers during a 31-20 loss for the Bills.

Miller finished Week 2 as the highest-rated Bills’ offensive player overall (pass and run blocking combined) with a score of 73.3. Between both Ducasse and Miller, the duo have only surrendered one quarterback pressure in the first two games of the season."

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/18/buffalo-bills-vlad-ducasse-john-miller-brian-daboll-pff/

1 hour ago, October 1918 said:

Teller was destroying guys in run blocking during that last preseason game. It's not a coincidence that we kept running left (with success) the second half of that game. Teller missed one pass blocking assignment that ended up in a sack and some folks are using that one play as evidence that he is no good. But, he was graded as the ACCs best pass blocking guard his last two seasons at Virginia Tech. (I'm admittedly biased on this matter since I'm a Tech season ticket holder!)

Peterman was also excellent in preseason.  It doesn't matter