Hue Jackson didn't know Zane Gonzalez was kicking "whilst" injured Sunday

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hue on Sunday after extending his record to 1-32-1: “this is a good football team”

[Narrator in Liam Neeson voice: “It wasn’t...”]

well, he's not wrong in the same vein that, the Jaguars were a good football team until they fired Gus Bradley. whereby, they immediately became a very good team.

Edited by Foxx

18 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

From my perspective, the Special Team Coach should have been fired for either not knowing his kicker was hurt, or for not informing Jackson of Gonzales's injury.

This is strange. Did he even know? Hopefully a surprise Bob Woodward book based on the '18 Browns season will drop early next year. This team is fascinating.

10 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

As bad as the Rex circus was, I think it would have been even worse had we hired him.

Hue would have done less damage. He wouldn't have dismantled the defense, and he'd have been fired after two years like Rex.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Hue has two egomaniacs who want to both be head coaches again as his coordinators. No way they aren't like sharks smelling blood in the water and stabbing him in the back every chance they get.

He did the same to Sashi. As the Browns Turn!

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

yup

sad thing is i'll watch the first quarter

i'm trying not to watch 4 Leafs preseason games over 6 nights at the same time

For some reason I’m looking forward to this game. 

Oh, I know why. The Browns will get their losing out of the way early and won’t be on the !@#$ing big screen for once at the bar on Sunday!

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, dpberr said:

My impression of him is he's just as lazy as Rex Ryan but gets a pass because he's one of the few minority coaches in the NFL. Both the NFL and the media are interested in having more minority coaches so they instead write articles about how a rookie coach who took a team to the playoffs in just his first season is the somehow "most likely" to be the first fired this season.  

Bingo

21 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

This guy may be the worst coach of all time.  I remember when we hired Rex a lot of people thought it was Hue's job to lose.  As bad as the Rex circus was, I think it would have been even worse had we hired him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hue-jackson-didnt-know-zane-gonzalez-kicking-injured-sunday-040058719.html

Hi, Chris.  For about the past 7-8 years, I've been on a mission to bring back the word, "whilst."  I noticed that your thread title (which is excellent) has a perfect opportunity to use "Whilst," in place of "While."  If you would be so kind as to change it, I would be forever grateful, as it would go a long way in bringing back such a great word.  Thank you for your consideration.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have money on the Browns for tonight. Gregggg will wreck Darnold  and Free Bud Lite will be flowing for their first win. Even Hue cant mess this up. 

I have Browns D for this week I’m not sure if it’s a good play. I haven’t seen them play much, I thought Greggo vs. a rookie would be a safe bet but now I see Ogbah, Kirksey and Randall are all out. 

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I have Browns D for this week I’m not sure if it’s a good play. I haven’t seen them play much, I thought Greggo vs. a rookie would be a safe bet but now I see Ogbah, Kirksey and Randall are all out. 

On the other side of the ball, Landry is questionable. But, I don’t think the jets are good, it’s their 3rd game in 11 days, and TNF on the road is brutal. OTOH the Browns OL might be worse than ours and we saw what happened to TuhRod last time he played the Jets D (and that was with Cordy Glenn)

Edited by YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I don't think you can give it to either one of those egomaniacs. I don't see either one listening to the other if one becomes the interim head coach. 

You know, I think you're right, and if Dorsey has the people-skills to be a GM, this may be one of the strongest arguments for NOT firing Jackson.

56 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the only reasons people were interested in Hue Jackson back in the day were: 

He was going to keep Jim Schwartz.

He was not Rex Ryan. 

He had been a hot candidate for a whole before, that's why many wanted him. I dont think that him not being Rex factored in because I dont think many thought Rex was going to be a shoe in for the job......

I also dont fully blame Hue for not knowing the kicker was hurt, I put more blame on the Browns organization and medical staff for not relaying this info to him (unless they did and he just ignored it). If the kicker never said anything to him and he was never told of an injury, how is he supposed to know?

Edited by apuszczalowski

58 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I also dont fully blame Hue for not knowing the kicker was hurt, I put more blame on the Browns organization and medical staff for not relaying this info to him (unless they did and he just ignored it). If the kicker never said anything to him and he was never told of an injury, how is he supposed to know?

I don't fully blame him, but in my opinion, the best coaches in this league are the ones who micromanage these things. Hue is kind of at blame if he was never infomred of this. He needs to have some sort of structure in place so this information is shared whether its a daily debrief or memo of some sort. There should be nothing that happens on the player personell side of his team that he does not know about. To me this means he doesn't have the right process in place.  

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't fully blame him, but in my opinion, the best coaches in this league are the ones who micromanage these things. Hue is kind of at blame if he was never infomred of this. He needs to have some sort of structure in place so this information is shared whether its a daily debrief or memo of some sort. There should be nothing that happens on the player personell side of his team that he does not know about. To me this means he doesn't have the right process in place.  

True, you could fault him for not having  the right people in place to get him this info, although when it comes to medical staff and front office, I put that more on ownership and GM over coach. I would think they are the ones hiring the training staff and doctors, not the HC. I still think the entire Browns Organization is a complete crap show.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
22 hours ago, row_33 said:

has the NFL promoted a prime time game that sucks worse than this one?

great news:  extra night of football

bad news:  the actual games we are showing

I would much rather see this game than the Cowboys against some random team.  I am actually pretty interested in seeing a lot of these guys play.  Darnol, Tyrod, Garrett, this game should have intrigue for a Bills fan.