Hue Jackson didn't know Zane Gonzalez was kicking "whilst" injured Sunday

This guy may be the worst coach of all time.  I remember when we hired Rex a lot of people thought it was Hue's job to lose.  As bad as the Rex circus was, I think it would have been even worse had we hired him.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hue-jackson-didnt-know-zane-gonzalez-kicking-injured-sunday-040058719.html

• Like (+1) 1

He’s fired if they lose to the Jets tomorrow. His decision to start Tyrod instead of holding a true qb competition has been a disaster and his fawning over and enablement of  josh Gordon was finally snipped, the beginning of his power being taken away. Greggggg will be interim soon.

I was already gutted for Zane in the immediate aftermath of the game but this is the cherry on top. The kid didn't become a bad kicker overnight and now, because of an egregious lack of communication between the coaches and the medical team, he's going to have to bear the mental and professional scars for a while.

Because the league, in general, is so knee-jerk around kickers he's not going to voluntarily tell the coach he can't play. 

In short, !@#$ Hue Jackson :D

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s fired if they lose to the Jets tomorrow. His decision to start Tyrod instead of holding a true qb competition has been a disaster and his fawning over and enablement of  josh Gordon was finally snipped, the beginning of his power being taken away. Greggggg will be interim soon.

you think he gets it over Toddddd?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you think he gets it over Toddddd?

I do. Mainly because Hue is a player’s coach and they will want to go in the opposite direction. Also Gregg’s unit is performing reallly well and he has the respect  of the team right now. The offense has been crap. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

For entertainment purposes, Haley or Greggo will be funny to watch. Hard knocks is bad enough, but to see them lead a team for a while year will be gold! 

I don't think you can give it to either one of those egomaniacs. I don't see either one listening to the other if one becomes the interim head coach. 

Edited by Watkins90
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I was already gutted for Zane in the immediate aftermath of the game but this is the cherry on top. The kid didn't become a bad kicker overnight and now, because of an egregious lack of communication between the coaches and the medical team, he's going to have to bear the mental and professional scars for a while.

Because the league, in general, is so knee-jerk around kickers he's not going to voluntarily tell the coach he can't play. 

In short, !@#$ Hue Jackson :D

Tough week for you and your kickers. Didn’t you love the kid the Vikings drafted? 

Hue is the worst. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would be way more fun if it was Darnold vs mayfield 

yup

sad thing is i'll watch the first quarter

i'm trying not to watch 4 Leafs preseason games over 6 nights at the same time

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

For entertainment purposes, Haley or Greggo will be funny to watch. Hard knocks is bad enough, but to see them lead a team for a while year will be gold! 

I don't think either one of them would be a decent HC even on an interim basis I'd promote the special teams coach instead but that's just me. 

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think Todd Haley will be the interim HC... 

I believe John Dorsey was the one who brought him in, and gave him the play calling duties. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do. Mainly because Hue is a player’s coach and they will want to go in the opposite direction. Also Gregg’s unit is performing reallly well and he has the respect  of the team right now. The offense has been crap. 

Good,points. I didn’t see this when I responded. 

My my money is still on Haley though, as of now anyway.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may be the right move but their ST have been so bad, the optics would suck 

I think as a HC it's not as much about coordinating offense/defense/special teams as it is managing the coaching staff and coming up with a gameplan.    You're managing your people as much or more than your players.