9-19: McDermott Presser - Injury Updates, OL Changes, & Defensive Play Caller Addressed

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 11-19: McDermott Presser - Injury Updates, OL Changes, & Defensive Play Caller Addressed

Quick Hits: Kelvin Benjamin New to Bills Injury List

DneRJezUwAAmJMv.jpg

The Bills injury list already has some prominent names. On Wednesday, LeSean McCoy and his rib injury was joined by WR Kelvin Benjamin.

“He’s got a little bit of a hip (ailment),” said head coach Sean McDermott.

Benjamin will be limited in practice today along with McCoy, Taiwan Jones, Ray-Ray McCloud, Taron Johnson and Phillip Gaines.

Benjamin did finish Sunday’s game, catching the team’s only touchdown pass.

Jones is trying to return from a nasty head scrape that required stitches after his helmet came off during a fumble play and he was struck by a Chargers helmet on his exposed head. Fortunately, he did not suffer a concussion.

Johnson (shoulder) and Gaines (elbow) are both trying to recover from their injuries in time this week to be available for Sunday’s game in Minnesota.

Battles being waged on offensive line

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

14 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Benjamin is banged up and still no wide reciever additions.    I guess none of the available wide outs has a merit badge 

The part to me that's frustrating, is that they don't even seem to be interested in bringing anyone in.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

The part to me that's frustrating, is that they don't even seem to be interested in bringing anyone in.

Meh, WRs arent important for a rookie QB or an anemic offence, I bet they spent all day yesterday scouring the waiver wire and street FA list for available Rotational D linemen...

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Benjamin is banged up and still no wide reciever additions.    I guess none of the available wide outs has a merit badge 

I was thinking the same thing. The Cowboys just brought back Brice Butler, he is a decent WR. In a perfect world he would be a WR3 but he is better than most of what the Bills have.

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This to me is a little insulting. Are we really to believe that you’ve taken any efforts to get there? If he said “that is where we’d like to be” I’d give a pass. This is where “we’re trying to get” doesn’t pass the sniff test. 

They have definitely not allocated the requisite resources to have an even functional offense unlike the Vikes who have loaded up.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This to me is a little insulting. Are we really to believe that you’ve taken any efforts to get there? If he said “that is where we’d like to be” I’d give a pass. This is where “we’re trying to get” doesn’t pass the sniff test. 

Look at the Minnesota offense in zimmers first 3 years.  They weren't exactly lighting it up out there.  

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I' must have missed the part where they made any play whatsoever for Cousins.