Red Zone “defense”

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thank you for contributing to the OP 

Aren’t you the guy saying the Bills will be drafting a QB in 2019?

Nope, I said it’s a possibility if Allen shows he doesn’t have it.  It would give Beane a second chance IF it’s apparent Allen is a flop.  Again, it all depends on his development as a rookie.  

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thank you for contributing to the OP 

Aren’t you the guy saying the Bills will be drafting a QB in 2019?

well, they should keep drafting them. Eventually we will have too many good ones !

6 minutes ago, The Drought said:

I'm not worried, PFF rated the Bills as the best defense in the red zone.

lets hope the Defense gets settled down sooner than later.
Feel they are more stout in the middle and perhaps quote decent on the edges.

Only takes one LB to miss a gap to get beat in the  RED ZONE

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

FTR I’m not attacking Josh.

There were the series (maybe the FGs) where things went bad due to rookie mistakes 

I'll take it that's not your intent, but with a rookie who's played 6 quarters and been in the red zone all of 4 times (2 for TD), please consider that an absolute general statement like "every time Josh sniffs the 20 he runs backwards", please consider that it kind of does look that way.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Funny how my praise for him is forgotten as soon as I criticize a series or two 

Unless someone is pretty repetitive (or otherwise 'intruding himself on my notice'), I just look at the post I'm responding to, I don't research posting history.

But my issue wasn't criticizing a series or two, it was making a sweeping generalization "every time", which is plainly contradicted by the actual facts and really doesn't make a lot of sense to lay on the kid at a lifetime total of 4 RZ trips.

The problem I have with our offense isn't its performance in the red zone- which could be improved, sure - it's failing to GET to the red zone often enough

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll take it that's not your intent, but with a rookie who's played 6 quarters and been in the red zone all of 4 times (2 for TD), please consider that an absolute general statement like "every time Josh sniffs the 20 he runs backwards", please consider that it kind of does look that way.

Unless someone is pretty repetitive (or otherwise 'intruding himself on my notice'), I just look at the post I'm responding to, I don't research posting history.

But my issue wasn't criticizing a series or two, it was making a sweeping generalization "every time", which is plainly contradicted by the actual facts and really doesn't make a lot of sense to lay on the kid at a lifetime total of 4 RZ trips.

The problem I have with our offense isn't its performance in the red zone- which could be improved, sure - it's failing to GET to the red zone often enough

I blame Kelvin Benjamin

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They should all belly up to the bar.  Free blame-shots for all, starting with our OC and offensive assistants.

as long as they have a designated driver ? I agree.

Flaming blame shots would be awesome.

Frozen Flaming blame shots would be amazing.

I like Daboll.

I worry about Juan and his methods.
can the two together make hay ?

And these are the Days of our Lives.
personally i will stay tuned and look for any subtle uptick in cohesive play calling and Off line effectiveness.