9-19: Steve Beuerlein Talks Josh Allen on WGR

26CornerBlitz

I think I heard enough from him when he called the game Sunday. Blamed everything short of the Blizzard of '77 on Allen.

"And ya see here, Bob, Hughes just misses that tackle and that's really on the young QB, Allen. It's a mistake he'll have to learn from."

"Billy Buffalo tripped and dropped a steamin' hot tray of nachos on a group of kindergartners up in section 308... the young QB Allen has to recognize that and fix it."

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am so tired of sports commentators, talk shows - radio and TV - and the national media in general; yet we watch and listen like its truth from the heavens then throw an emotional tantrum when a local Buffalo writer criticizes the Bills.

Actually, in watching the game on Sunday, I thought that Beuerlein was pretty good in pointing out things that Allen does well and the things that he really needs to improve on, which is no surprise given that this was Allen's first-ever start. The gist I got from his analysis of the game was that Buerlein believes that all of the flaws displayed by the rookie QB were correctable and that he believes Allen has a great deal of potential.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

Actually, in watching the game on Sunday, I thought that Beuerlein was pretty good in pointing out things that Allen does well and the things that he really needs to improve on, which is no surprise given that this was Allen's first-ever start. The gist I got from his analysis of the game was that Buerlein believes that all of the flaws displayed by the rookie QB were correctable and that he believes Allen has a great deal of potential.

Indeed. He expanded on the analysis he offered in that regard today.  He's bullish on Allen and it was good to hear his perspective as one who's been behind center in the league. 

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9-19: Steve Beuerlein from CBS Sports with Howard and Jeremy (12:26)

Beuerlein was the CBS analyst last Sunday for the Charger game and he offered additional details that expounded upon what he saw from Allen in his home debut as the Bills' starting QB as what needs to happen in the future.

Expect a lot will get this with Radio.com:

There's a problem playing the audio
Error code 4

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

I am so tired of sports commentators, talk shows - radio and TV - and the national media in general; yet we watch and listen like its truth from the heavens then throw an emotional tantrum when a local Buffalo writer criticizes the Bills.

Exactly why I have completely tuned it out! I dont pay attention to any of it throughout the week. Come Sunday, it is entertainment for me, nothing more. This is the first year I havent had seasons, pick and choose when I want to go suits me better. The NFL would take everyones last dollar of they could! 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a Bills fan.  I root for Josh Allen and anyone else in a Bills uni.  But I'm not a NFL fan.  I rarely watch games that don't involve the Bills.  I don't play fantasy football.  There are too many other things that interest me.  

And I don't even care much what the media says about the Bills.  I have my own two eyes and my brethren fans here will point out the stuff I miss.  That's good enough for me.

Beuerlein is a little more interesting than most because he played Josh Allen's position.  So I'm a little encouraged that he generally has a positive opinion about Allen's future.  But in the end, he doesn't actually know what the future holds for JA anymore than we do. 

Beane took a legit stab at a QB and I'm content to let this thing play out.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

I thought so too.  He immediately saw and mentioned the guys that were open and that were missed.  Quick on the replay.  I thought he was very fair and on the money.  He didn't bad mouth Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was tough on Allen and also said he was his qb1 coming out this year.. 

I think most of it was fair.  JA isnt a finished product, he needs to develop - and things that casual football fans dont attribute to the QB such as sliding protections and pre-snap diagnosis of blocking schemes will need to be learned. 

seems like it used to be that ex players who went to the booth were great players(or coaches)....like one of a kind at their position.

nowadays, it's like anybody that's at least been on a practice squad or never amounted to much gets a gig and is supposedly an authority( ross tucker....sorry the first name that came to mind)...or they are a positional guru (j. palmer)....etc. 

that leads me to believe...hell, i should be able to blog for some kind of nfl site.....hmmm   maybe a podcast?