Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why they are so much better now. Their QB will be a top 5 pick in 2020: http://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-mock-draft/. He’s a more mobile Baker Mayfield IMO.

Separate question: but does Murray’s success take a little bit of the shine off Mayfield?  The guy played in 2 offenses (Texas tech) where every qb puts up big numbers.

and I love Tua.  But playing qb at Alabama is maybe the easiest job in sports.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why they are so much better now. Their QB will be a top 5 pick in 2020: http://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-mock-draft/. He’s a more mobile Baker Mayfield IMO.

hasn't been a decent NFL QB out of Bama since Richard Todd (mid 1980s Jets)

the college child option game doesn't work in the NFL

anyone running a childish college option game would be in outpatient by the 3rd time he tried it against an NFL D

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Separate question: but does Murray’s success take a little bit of the shine off Mayfield?  The guy played in 2 offenses (Texas tech) where every qb puts up big numbers.

and I love Tua.  But playing qb at Alabama is maybe the easiest job in sports.  

It certainly plays a role. Murray’s numbers are almost identical to Baker’s at this point. Tua is really, really good though. He was the number 1 QB recruit for a reason. I’m less concerned about the numbers than the skill set. He appears to have elite traits.

16 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Ross Pierschbacher and Jonah Williams would probably start on our O-line. I would take Tua over Allen.

Cotton may too. Jeudy would be our number 1 receiver and Devonta Smith would be in the rotation. Both Harris’ would play behind Shady but get carries.

I guess what people are missing is that elite college players translate. 2 years ago some would have said “Tre White is a college CB” he’d get smoked out here. 8 months later he was a top 10 NFL CB. The same goes for Lattimore. Elite players are elite players.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's 3

I KNOW you have more.

Don't hold back

21 players with Alabama ties were drafted last year, 12 from Alabama. I don't know how many it will be this year, plus they have some stellar underclassman.

https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/04/79259ce6461545/2018_nfl_draft_21_players_with.html

Edited by Sky Diver

This is absolutely ridiculous. Every year there is a fan/pundit debate over wither the best college football team could beat the worst NFL team. The NFL team would crush any college team no questions asked. NFL Teams are composed of essentially multiple years of the best college football players in the country all in their physical primes. 

On Alabama how many players on the roster right now will end up being drafted into the NFL? Then how many of those players will have great rookie years? The number is probably a handful of Alabama players could come in and have success at an NFL level right away. So where does that leave the rest of the roster? You have a bunch of players who won't be able to compete with guys at an NFL level. 

!@#$ off with these silly questions every year. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess what people are missing is that rite college players translate. 2 years ago some would have said “Tre White is a college CB” he’d get smoked out here. 8 months later he was a top 10 NFL CB. The same goes for Lattimore. Elite players are elite players.

Every year we go through this. Pick the position, X prospect will fail because they are not big enough, strong enough or fast enough for the pro game. 

There are Day 1 impact rookies every year. When guys like OBJ, Von Miller or Joey Bosa come in and light up the stat sheet in their first game, it's not because they had 5 months of NFL training. It's because they are phenomenal players, period. 

If Alabama played Buffalo right now, I'd say....38-9 Buffalo. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

21 players with Alabama ties were drafted last year, 12 from Alabama. I don't know how many it will be this year, plus they have some stellar underclassman.

https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/04/79259ce6461545/2018_nfl_draft_21_players_with.html

I thought you'd have more who are ready to start right now in an NFL game.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

12 Alabama players were drafted last year let's go ahead and assume this year it is 14 just for sake of argument. How many of those 14 players will be good NFL players? Probably at least 6-7 will be outright busts, maybe you get 8 that will be good NFL players. Then out of those 8 that aren't busts how many are going to be impactful in their rookie years? Maybe 3-4. 

So right now on Alabama, you have 3-4 NFL caliber guys right off the bat. The rest of the roster wouldn't be able to compete with NFL players. The Bills would completely destroy Alabam. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I thought you'd have more who are ready to start right now in an NFL game.

Off the top of my head, perhaps Raekwon Davis, Damien Harris, Anfernee Jennings, Christian Miller, Jonah Willams, Deionte Thompson. Mack Wilson. Ross Pierschbacher, Lester Cotton, Isaiah Buggs, Savion Smith.

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

hasn't been a decent NFL QB out of Bama since Richard Todd (mid 1980s Jets)

the college child option game doesn't work in the NFL

anyone running a childish college option game would be in outpatient by the 3rd time he tried it against an NFL D

That’s why Tua is such a good prospect. “He has pinpoint accuracy and throws with great anticipation. He also has the swagger.” Those are Kipers words. He’s Baker hit a little bigger.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why Tua is such a good prospect. “He has pinpoint accuracy and throws with great anticipation. He also has the swagger.” Those are Kipers words. He’s Baker hit a little bigger.

okay, and Baker's NFL contribution is and will be???

most likely, #358 bust that had a lot of hype, had a few chances and it didn't fly in the NFL

the good thing is EVERY YEAR we get 8 QBs that are no-miss Hall of Famers entering the NFL....

it is CRIMINAL to not let a good QB try to play like a man and drop back and throw, especially when a Bama is mowing over cupcakes except for the 2 or so real opponents they face, geez, can the option when you are 35-0 already, give the kid a chance at an NFL career with some practical experience...

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

okay, and Baker's NFL contribution is and will be???

most likely, #358 bust that had a lot of hype, had a few chances and it didn't fly in the NFL

the good thing is EVERY YEAR we get 8 QBs that are no-miss Hall of Famers entering the NFL....

it is CRIMINAL to not let a good QB try to play like a man and drop back and throw, especially when a Bama is mowing over cupcakes except for the 2 or so real opponents they face, geez, can the option when you are 35-0 already, give the kid a chance at an NFL career with some practical experience...

They have 4 top 25 teams on the schedule. 3 are currently top 15.

Have you watched an Alabama game? Who's running the option?

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He reminds me of another lefty: Steve Young.