Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why do people fall for the obvious click bait troll stories?  

amazing 

For real, Alabama's PR machine pushes this story every year. Last year it was the Browns. Source: https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/12/cj_mosley_answers_the_question.html

It's a storyline revisited every year Alabama starts off hot by playing no-name, non-SEC teams. 

Everyone needs to calm down. ?

Edited by thisiskeith12

This is a joke. Today, there are a total of about 53 players from Alabama across all rosters in the NFL:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

This is taking into account all players from every year still young enough to play in the league. This likely spans upwards of 10-12 years of Alabama players. Take a look at that list and tell me how many STARTERS in the NFL are there. Sure, there are some solid players and a few stars but you couldn't field an entire starting roster with that list. Every RB on that list is an NFL backup but they dominated in college. The sole QB on that list was cut by the Bills because he couldn't beat out Peterman (AJ McCarron).

It's easy to claim that every player on a current college roster is going to be a superstar or that their QB is a "generation talent". The reality is that across time, this is obviously not true. Also, looking at drafts of NFL teams, players drafted beyond the 3rd round rarely make the starting lineup. Across an entire draft only around 30-35 players end up as starters in the NFL. There is no chance the starters from a single college team could field an NFL caliber starting lineup.

Every NFL team would crush the best college team in the country.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

This is a joke. Today, there are a total of about 53 players from Alabama across all rosters in the NFL:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/college

This is taking into account all players from every year still young enough to play in the league. This likely spans upwards of 10-12 years of Alabama players. Take a look at that list and tell me how many STARTERS in the NFL are there. Sure, there are some solid players and a few stars but you couldn't field an entire starting roster with that list. Every RB on that list is an NFL backup but they dominated in college. The sole QB on that list was cut by the Bills because he couldn't beat out Peterman (AJ McCarron).

It's easy to claim that every player on a current college roster is going to be a superstar or that their QB is a "generation talent". The reality is that across time, this is obviously not true. Also, looking at drafts of NFL teams, players drafted beyond the 3rd round rarely make the starting lineup. Across an entire draft only around 30-35 players end up as starters in the NFL. There is no chance the starters from a single college team could field an NFL caliber starting lineup.

Every NFL team would crush the best college team in the country.

My 2 cents.

i can't even imagine what ubermanly anger oozes behind the eyes of a man who has fought the odds of two-a-days to make a pro team, he wants to maintain that paycheck

a few of the college kids would get off the plain and declare they are going to kick the behinds of old losers tomorrow

they'd have to bring body bags

9 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

Don't we have two Bama starters from their team last year that are at the bottom of the lineup and on the practice squad? 

a Bama rinky-dink tinker-toy option QB with an arm that can't go past 20 yards accurately is going to take down NFL secondaries?

Bama WRs are going to get separation from a pro secondary?

are these people out of their minds??

:D

58 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

People seem to defer to your opinion for some reason. I'm as negative as they come regarding this team, but after that post, I can't understand why anyone would. 

Am I missing the sarcasm? 

It isn't sarcasm as such but it was tongue in cheek. I agree an NFL team beats a college team every time. Week 1 the Bills were not an NFL team. The rest was exaggeration for effect. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It isn't sarcasm as such but it was tongue in cheek. I agree an NFL team beats a college team every time. Week 1 the Bills were not an NFL team. The rest was exaggeration for effect. 

those Bills went through TC, those Bills collected checks for that effort and all but one wanted to continue past week two

Even the worst NFL teams year to year are built of an All-Star selection from college.  Every single one of them, even the backups on said worst team, was a good productive player in college.  Now they have had years of additional skills development, strength training, etc.  This brings the average player level far above even the best college team.

A regular series of worst NFL team vs best college team would be like the Harlem Globetrotters just freaking clowning all over the Senators or whoever it is they play.

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Even the worst NFL teams year to year are built of an All-Star selection from college.  Every single one of them, even the backups on said worst team, was a good productive player in college.  Now they have had years of additional skills development, strength training, etc.  This brings the average player level far above even the best college team.

A regular series of worst NFL team vs best college team would be like the Harlem Globetrotters just freaking clowning all over the Senators or whoever it is they play.

for every team and position on D in the NFL, outside of a few immortals and a few scrubs, everyone in between is a superb and extremely talent man and the best in the world at his very rare spot and will almost kill you to retain it, some might just kill you

players can be on total dog teams their career and still be known as the best, grew up watching Lem Barney and Roger Wehrli's careers and enshrinements

2 hours ago, thisiskeith12 said:

For real, Alabama's PR machine pushes this story every year. Last year it was the Browns. Source: https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/12/cj_mosley_answers_the_question.html

It's a storyline revisited every year Alabama starts off hot by playing no-name, non-SEC teams. 

Everyone needs to calm down. ?

They start every season playing against a non-conference team, this is true. Usually, the team is ranked. Mississippi was a conference game and Texas A&M is also a conference game. They start off hot because they are generally great.

Looking at what I am seeing in the Big 10 (7 losses last week), Alabama's schedule is as difficult at most other top teams.

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

We know.  Others keep reminding us here at TBD-TSW.  ?

Foster barely played at Alabama.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Playing as they did the first game and a half there are 4 or 5 college programmes that would give the Bills a game. Playing as they did second half against the Chargers they would beat a college team.

There are ZERO college teams that would stand a chance against an NFL team, any given year, period. Doesn't matter which college or which pro team. Alabama has maybe 7-12 NFL caliber players in a given season, whereas a pro team has all 53 spots filled with...NFL football players. It's the most ridiculous take in sports and it happens yearly for no apparent reason other than to highlight some people's staggering lack of both football and common sense. You're talking about an entire roster of grown men, professional athletes in their physical and mental peak, playing against mostly 18-20 year old boys, a VERY select few of whom may be good enough to play professionally. It's nonsense.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the part we disagree with. Pretty much all Alabama players are this. That’s why they are there. The roster is littered with 4 and 5 star players. Only the best players in the country go there. They don’t have to go through a draft. They pick the best guys and then chase them.

Many of them are young so that’s the big difference. There are 30 plus guys on Alabama that belong in the NFL. That MAY be more than the Bills roster. There are certainly more future pro-bowlers on Alabama than the Bills and they have the edge at QB (although both may be good pros).

With that being said the Bills still won by 2 scores. 

This is all wrong imo. There are 53 guys on the Bills roster that belong in the NFL. Alabama has maybe 15. There are certainly NOT more future pro-bowlers on a college team than an NFL team (pro bowl a weird metric btw). I think the whole premise of this argument is completely off base.