Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

Every player on the Bills roster, for the most part, was a standout in college. There is no possible way that Alabama would win with a roster full of guys who are not good enough to play in the NFL. They have some, for sure, but not most of them.

Everything is bigger, faster, and more complicated in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

This is because the entire team is not draft eligible. A vast majority of Alabama starters are, or will be NFL quality.

Alabama currently has 4 wide receivers who (if they stay healthy of course) will probably be clearly superior to any receiver on the Bills and NONE are draft eligible. They consist of 3 sophs and a true freshman.

But again, the Bills would defeat them and I guarantee Coach Saban would agree.

I've no doubt they are talented receivers and like I said, I don't watch college football, but are they (the sophomores/freshmen) as of right now, physically developed enough to handle a game against NFL players?

16 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Last year, they had 12 players that were drafted. 

In the years prior, it was 10, 7, 7, 8 and 9 

At any given time, they have 25-30 "NFL potential" players on the roster. 

Big difference between NFL potential and starting caliber.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

I've no doubt they are talented receivers and like I said, I don't watch college football, but are they (the sophomores/freshmen) as of right now, physically developed enough to handle a game against NFL players?

Probably not. This is why I think the Bills would defeat them.

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Robert Foster was a star for Bama and in the NFL he is a UDFA...that's the difference...no matter how good the schools only have 7 or 8 players max that will be NFL players...they would get mauled by any NFL Team.

He was a backup at Bama actually.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

at some point, this needs to happen, somehow, to shut up analyst who say stupid things like this.  Then the analyst should loose their pay for a day.  

I would hate to see the college kids put their big payday to risk. They are already doing so week to week without playing pros.

so far they can't beat their own shadow so it would not surprise me if UA whooped them. after all alabamas offense has been a scoring machine the last 3 weeks. 

51, 57, 62

obviously the level of talent says they couldn't but if the bills hadn't stunk up the joint the past two weeks this would not even be a discussion, now would it.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Playing as they did the first game and a half there are 4 or 5 college programmes that would give the Bills a game. Playing as they did second half against the Chargers they would beat a college team.

People seem to defer to your opinion for some reason. I'm as negative as they come regarding this team, but after that post, I can't understand why anyone would. 

Am I missing the sarcasm? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills would obliterate Bama. 

The 0-16 Browns would destroy Bama. It wouldn’t be close. I’d be afraid for the Bamas players safety. 

The NFL has a huge payroll and they can pay the best college players tons of money.

Bama can offer scholarships. It would get ugly fast.  

37 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

at some point, this needs to happen, somehow, to shut up analyst who say stupid things like this.  Then the analyst should loose their pay for a day.  

all part of the fun of conjecture as sports fans

couldn't live without it

37 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

That’s why I have the Bills beating them. If you could have every guy on both rosters at age 25 it may be different. That was what I was getting at. The Bills guys and any NFL guys are further along physically than 95% of college players. There are rare exceptions (like Leonard Fournette was).