Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the part we disagree with. Pretty much all Alabama players are this. That’s why they are there. The roster is littered with 4 and 5 star players. Only the best players in the country go there. They don’t have to go through a draft. They pick the best guys and then chase them.

Many of them are young so that’s the big difference. There are 30 plus guys on Alabama that belong in the NFL. That MAY be more than the Bills roster. There are certainly more future pro-bowlers on Alabama than the Bills and they have the edge at QB (although both may be good pros).

With that being said the Bills still won by 2 scores. 

I'll preface this by saying that I don't watch college football.  With that said, I find the "30+ guys" a bit hard to believe.  This past offseason, 12 Alabama players were drafted.  6 (I think) where signed as undrafted free agents. 

Edited by seregil42
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, seregil42 said:

I'll preface this by saying that I don't watch college football.  With that said, I find the "30+ guys" a bit hard to believe.  This past offseason, 12 Alabama players were drafted.  6 (I think) where signed as undrafted free agents. 

That’s 18 in 1 year!! You need to be 3 years removed from HS to be draft eligible. As an example their QB will be a 1st round pick. He can’t come out until after next year. This ‘Bama team has more talent than any in recent memory too. 30 may be low.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s 18 in 1 year!! You need to be 3 years removed from HS to be draft eligible. As an example their QB will be a 1st round pick. He can’t come out until after next year. This ‘Bama team has more talent than any in recent memory too. 30 may be low.

Yes, but not every one of those players stick to an NFL roster.  Just because they signed doesn't mean they made the cut.  I'm betting the younger the player gets, the less likely it would be for them to make it on an NFL roster. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the reason that I have the Bills by 2 scores. They aren’t necessarily more talented but are certainly more developed.

Okay, with this statement is why I would find it hard to believe 30+ would be on an NFL roster.  Maybe someday, but not now. 

Edited by seregil42

53 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Alabama has maybe 7 - 10 players with NFL potential on their roster.

The Bills have.........................53.  Every player has been vetted by professional scouts.

This subject is another data point highlighting how dumb football fans are.  

Bolded is HIGHLY debatable. However that being said Bills line up to play Bama 100 times, Bills will win easy 99 times. 

4 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

Yes, but not every one of those players stick to an NFL roster.  Just because they signed doesn't mean they made the cut.  I'm betting the younger the player gets, the less likely it would be for them to make it on an NFL roster. 

Okay, with this statement is why I would find it hard to believe 30+ would be on an NFL roster.  Maybe someday, but not now. 

One of those undrafted players was a backup WR at Alabama that is currently playing here. The younger players are just that, younger. If you want to look to NFL correlation you need to follow high school rankings not snap counts. You have 5 star freshman at these schools that don’t play a lot (often to protect eligibility). You may have a 3 star senior ahead of him on the depth chart. The 5 star freshman is much more likely to be the NFL player. If there were 12 DRAFTED last year there is no doubt in my mind that there will be 30 NFL players on the current ‘Bama roster. Additionally, they have WAY more future pro bowlers than the Bills as of today.

• Like (+1) 1

After the draft:  "College players need a time of adjustment to the speed of the NFL game"

During the Season:  "A college team could beat an NFL team!"

The only thing that surprises me is that we're at "A college team could beat the Bills" already.  It usually takes at least a few weeks to get there...

Edited by Heitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Serious question.. was these “experts” picking Alabama over the Bills based on talent? OR did they think Saban would so out coach the Bills  that they would win? My guess is the coaching part.  

My opinion, Bama give the Bills a game for awhile then in the 4th the Bills would pull away and win easily.. their talent level would make it so..

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Like Robert Foster who was such a start at Alabama he was a backup. 

Fair point.

Still, the spirit of my post I will stand by. Maybe not every, but most NFL players were, and I suspect you know that.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is the part we disagree with. Pretty much all Alabama players are this. That’s why they are there. The roster is littered with 4 and 5 star players. Only the best players in the country go there. They don’t have to go through a draft. They pick the best guys and then chase them.

Many of them are young so that’s the big difference. There are 30 plus guys on Alabama that belong in the NFL. That MAY be more than the Bills roster. There are certainly more future pro-bowlers on Alabama than the Bills and they have the edge at QB (although both may be good pros).

With that being said the Bills still won by 2 scores. 

I don't agree they have more NFL quality players. Maybe more guys that will eventually be good/great in the NFL... maybe.

I also get Alabama is on a different level that other college teams, and get the best players. The last few years there has definitely been a ramping up of NFL talent, but in the recent past Alabama sends about 5-6 players to the NFL yearly (ranging from 3 to a all time high 11 last year). So depending on the stretch, there could be 30 players that eventually get to the NFL, likely more like 20 or less (roster turnover), but that is still much more than I would have guessed.

Many of these guys are still years away from being developed enough to play in the NFL, however, and so I think the distinction between "future NFLer" and currently NFL caliber cannot be understated. These guys need to grow, AND grow-up to become NFL players.

I will agree it's a 2+ score game differential, with Bills doing the beating up.

Alabama had 12 players selected in the 2018 draft, that was 5 more than any other school. They had 3 top 15 picks on defense. 

The biggest challenge will be line play. A talented OL/DL from the NFL would steamroll most NCAA guys. 

I don't think it would be a 47-3 blowout, but no, Alabama could not beat the worst NFL team. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

8 minutes ago, Heitz said:

After the draft:  "College players need a time of adjustment to the speed of the NFL game"

During the Season:  "A college team could be an NFL team!"

The only thing that surprises me is that we're at "A college team could beat the Bills" already.  It usually takes at least a few weeks to get there...

Your profile photo confirms my assumption to what you might be smoking