Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

Why do these idiotic comparisons happen every year wit the then current worst NFL team, it is so asinine.

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Playing as they did the first game and a half there are 4 or 5 college programmes that would give the Bills a game. Playing as they did second half against the Chargers they would beat a college team.

No offense but I used to have respect for your football opinions, not anymore.

• Like (+1) 4

We are also talking about grown men vs boys. The boys who still have to go attend class etc. and not focus on football all the time. Plus how many times have we seen great college players flame out in the NFL?

The whole premise seems interesting on the surface but when you dig deeper there is no way.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I just disagree. I think the talent gap between the best college team and the worst pro team is so vast that a blowout is pretty much foreordained. Plus the scheming is infinitely better in the pros too.

I think it is impossible to overestimate how utterly clueless and atrocious the Bills were week 1. And I don't think Peterman would complete passes against Alabama either.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Why do these idiotic comparisons happen every year wit the then current worst NFL team, it is so asinine.

No offense but I used to have respect for your football opinions, not anymore.

I'm being a little tongue in cheek - but that performance week 1 by the Bills was not an NFL performance in any facet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is impossible to overestimate how utterly clueless and atrocious the Bills were week 1. And I don't think Peterman would complete passes against Alabama either.

He completed passes against NFL players (albiet backups), and elite college players from last year in the preseason at an 80% clip. 

I think it's real hard to make that kind of argument that he would not be able to complete passes. If you dominate NFL backups (which I would describe 80% as), you would be effective against ANY college squad.

24 minutes ago, teef said:

the bills would destroy bama.  that's not a knock on alabama in any way either.  they're an outstanding college program, but they're still kids who need to develop both physically and mentally.  

Exactly, even if Alabama, as good as they are, have 10-15 NFL level players on their team right not, Buffalo has 53 (or close to it)  The NFL is full of the top several players from every college team. People seem to forget how elite the athletes are at the next level.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

He completed passes against NFL players (albiet backups), and elite college players from last year in the preseason at an 80% clip. 

I think it's real hard to make that kind of argument that he would not be able to complete passes. If you dominate NFL backups (which I would describe 80% as), you would be effective against ANY college squad.

Are they playing vanilla cover 2 shells? If so put Nate in. If not you will need a Quarterback. 

A bunch of Bama players will be in the NFL one day. EVERY Bills player is in the NFL today. No contest in my mind. 

On a side note, how long ago was it the CFB Allstars played the NFL champs? I seem to remember the Packers playing them a long, long time ago......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Are they playing vanilla cover 2 shells? If so put Nate in. If not you will need a Quarterback. 

I hear your argument, I just don't think it passes the smell test.

Even the Bills of week 1 would smash any college team and I don't think it would be close. Cover 2 shells or not, most of the Alabama players are not NFL size, speed, or talent level. 

Even the worst NFL players were stars at every level for their whole lives.

Even the Bills of week 1 would smash any college team and I don't think it would be close. Cover 2 shells or not, most of the Alabama players are not NFL size, speed, or talent level. 

Like Robert Foster who was such a start at Alabama he was a backup. 

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Then how did Nate manage to beat Clemson in college? And now he would have an even better supporting cast 

It is a question I have asked many times. A gimmick offense that Clemson for some reason didn't catch onto until it was too late. He sucks. Not just a bit. A lot. How he got drafted remains a mystery to me. I absolutely stand by my UDFA grade.

This is the part we disagree with. Pretty much all Alabama players are this. That’s why they are there. The roster is littered with 4 and 5 star players. Only the best players in the country go there. They don’t have to go through a draft. They pick the best guys and then chase them.

Many of them are young so that’s the big difference. There are 30 plus guys on Alabama that belong in the NFL. That MAY be more than the Bills roster. There are certainly more future pro-bowlers on Alabama than the Bills and they have the edge at QB (although both may be good pros).

With that being said the Bills still won by 2 scores. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What rules would we be playing with? CFB'S? or the NFL's? Because that makes a huge impact as well. If its NFL rules with both 2 feet in bounds & all that jazz then no question the Bills would win. If its CFB rules the game would be a tad bit closer, but like others have said, the talent level of an NFL team, even a bad one is still good enough to win head to head imo. This topic is fools gold haha

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a question I have asked many times. A gimmick offense that Clemson for some reason didn't catch onto until it was too late. He sucks. Not just a bit. A lot. How he got drafted remains a mystery to me. I absolutely stand by my UDFA grade.

I am not saying he doesnt suck, just pointing out that even with how bad he sucks he was still able to beat a similarly talented team with less of a supporting cast.