Alabama would beat the Buffalo Bills, 'analysts' say

Heavy Kevi

https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/247sports.com/Article/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-would-beat-the-Buffalo-Bills-analysts-say-122090271/Amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2FArticle%2FAlabama-Crimson-Tide-would-beat-the-Buffalo-Bills-analysts-say-122090271%2F

From 247sports FWIW

“They are a NFL franchise [bama]. That’s the way they’re run. That’s the way they play. They are the 33rd NFL franchise is this country.”

Earlier this year, analytics site Prediction Machine said Alabama would be a huge underdog against defending AFC champion New England. But matched up with lesser-talented squads without a future Hall of Famer at quarterback would be very different, Murray says.

“I would say, Alabama vs. the Buffalo Bills tomorrow — that’s a single-digit score difference right there,” Murray said during Tuesday's show.

“I’d take Bama,” Childers said.

After pondering his response for a moment, Murray agreed.

"You can’t tell me the quarterbacks for the Bills could dominate Alabama’s defense," Murray said.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

every so often this comes up, and a small piece of me dies inside.

Yeah, well usually they pick on the Brows or (several years ago) the Rams.

I tend not to buy it. I still think since more than half of Bama won't be good enough for NFL and the size/speed/strength difference from college to NFL is real.

I think we'd look like all-stars and win by a large margin.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah, well usually they pick on the Brows or (several years ago) the Rams.

I tend not to buy it. I still think since more than half of Bama won't be good enough for NFL and the size/speed/strength difference from college to NFL is real.

I think we'd look like all-stars and win by a large margin.

the bills would destroy bama.  that's not a knock on alabama in any way either.  they're an outstanding college program, but they're still kids who need to develop both physically and mentally.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As for Bama being run like an NFL team..... yea.... an NFL team that gets its pick of recruits from college rather than having to go through that pesky draft thing.....

True story. The pats, steelers, and packers would just get all the 1st round graded guys every year in the NFL.

1 minute ago, teef said:

the bills would destroy bama.  that's not a knock on alabama in any way either.  they're an outstanding college program, but they're still kids who need to develop both physically and mentally.  

I agree fully.

The fact is there is a fundamental difference between NFL and college. Besides NFLs commitment (or attempt at) parity, in the NFL, wins are everything, but in college style points and running up the score matter (arguably more than wins), so naturally they have flashy offenses and whatnot. The flashiness and huge score differentials drive this narrative imo.

• Like (+1) 2

Alabama has maybe 7 - 10 players with NFL potential on their roster.

The Bills have.........................53.  Every player has been vetted by professional scouts.

This subject is another data point highlighting how dumb football fans are.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

At least half the starters on Bama won't make an NFL squad. Buffalo would probably roll up 50 on them.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Playing as they did the first game and a half there are 4 or 5 college programmes that would give the Bills a game. Playing as they did second half against the Chargers they would beat a college team.

Huh?? The Bills would annihilate any college team. The level of prep that pro players go through is infinitely tougher than what college players go through too.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

At least half the starters on Bama won't make an NFL squad. Buffalo would probably roll up 50 on them.

Huh?? The Bills would annihilate any college team. The level of prep that pro players go through is infinitely tougher than what college players go through too.

The way we played week 1 half of our starters looked like they had no business being in the NFL. The first game and a half of this season I don't consider the Bills an NFL team. I didn't say a college team would beat us either.... just give us a game. The second half this past week we looked like an NFL team for the first time. Still a poor NFL team, but an NFL team. Playing like that we obviously beat any college side handily.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The way we played week 1 half of our starters looked like they had no business being in the NFL. The first game and a half of this season I don't consider the Bills an NFL team. I didn't say a college team would beat us either.... just give us a game. The second half this past week we looked like an NFL team for the first time. Still a poor NFL team, but an NFL team. Playing like that we obviously beat any college side handily.

I just disagree. I think the talent gap between the best college team and the worst pro team is so vast that a blowout is pretty much foreordained. Plus the scheming is infinitely better in the pros too.

• Like (+1) 2