Book claims Brady feels "trapped" and wants out, Bellichick feels...

Big Turk

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ugghh, the only thing worse than habitually losing to the Pats would be losing to the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets...I don't think I can take anymore lopsided division beatings over the course of the next decade, and no franchise deserves it less then the Jets (except for Miami, lol). 

Jets sold its soul to the devil for Namath and the 1968 perfect storm season

All good things...

The ending is never pretty.  In the world of possibilities, BB, Brady and Gronkowski could all retire in the same offseason.

I have absolutely no doubt of New England's strategy going forward - they will tank that decidedly average team deliberately for a season to get themselves Brady 2.0 and clear the decks for cap space and the NFL won't complain.   They will then roll out the "new" Patriots with new uniforms and all of New England will be happy.  

10 minutes ago, dpberr said:

All good things...

The ending is never pretty.  In the world of possibilities, BB, Brady and Gronkowski could all retire in the same offseason.

I have absolutely no doubt of New England's strategy going forward - they will tank that decidedly average team deliberately for a season to get themselves Brady 2.0 and clear the decks for cap space and the NFL won't complain.   They will then roll out the "new" Patriots with new uniforms and all of New England will be happy.  

you can't summon up a Brady 2.0 on command

for college he was a two-year starter of decent NFL-mold means that was always tormented in the media by a local golden boy for playing time

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you can't summon up a Brady 2.0 on command

for college he was a two-year starter of decent NFL-mold means that was always tormented in the media by a local golden boy for playing time

They'll try the "Suck for Luck" approach, hoping to hit on the so-called "generational talent" and hope for the best.

Edited by dpberr

13 minutes ago, dpberr said:

They'll try the "Suck for Luck" approach, hoping to hit on the so-called "generational talent" and hope for the best.

better to snag Favre 2.0 when his pigheaded first NFL coach wouldn't play him unless there was a plane crash of the starters.

4 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Bill b tried to make it happen.  Kraft stepped in.  My guess is they both go in the next 2 years .  

Good. I might become more interested in the game again.

Really have hated starting the season 0-2 all these years.

I believe in this entire dynamic that has been reported between Brady/Belichick/Garopollo/Kraft/Gronk, etc.  It makes complete sense, and all the details point to much of this being true.  If everything was rosey, they would have been able to put it to bed pretty swiftly.   IMO, they are holding it together being professionals, knowing that is the only way to continue the success.  I don't believe either BB or Brady want to blink or leave because continued success on the pats without them would tarnish their legacy.  The "is it BB or is it Brady?" question has been a constant backdrop through this run. 

they can and will keep it going, as long as things go well.  If they do experience real adversity (not their annual September hiccup).  Like losing a few games in a row, having the Division or playoff standing brought into serious question, or even a bad 1st round playoff loss...  I would expect the poop to start flying across the room and we will see it fall apart very quick.  There are little flashpoints like Guerero, Belichick benching a very good DB for the Superbowl, Brady (allegedly) using his influence with Kraft to force a Garopollo trade, the Gronkowski wild card, etc. 

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

They had a semi decent QB with Kenny O'Brien too

I'm talking about the FIsh and Pats having a total hammerlock on any wishes or hopes of the Bills for an entire decade and more, not a few decent seasons of a Jets QB

Edited by row_33

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

was does this do to alpha male thinking when the best player of 3 generations is considered a pansy?

image.jpeg.3dad033f7691cd2fdad42065036409b2.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

Brady made a sweet INT to seal that Seattle SB!

Brady is great, no doubt about it, but I agree with the unnamed Patriots coaches. Give Belichick Peyton Manning or Aaron Rogers and I think they still win 5 SBs. Teams are too good to say they would have gone 8-0.

That doesn't take away anything Brady has done, but NE has a system and a procedure that they have used for what seems like forever, and it works. That's BB.

IF Brady is drafted in the 6th round by the Bills and plays as a rookie starter under coaches like Greggggg Williams, Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron on those horrible teams do we even remember him at this point?

That said, Matt Ryan might be a challenge, given his burning desire to lose at all costs, preferably in humiliating fashion. I don't think BB could save him.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2