Book claims Brady feels "trapped" and wants out, Bellichick feels...

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

"Trapped."

Please. He's got five rings, a guaranteed ticket to Canton, and enough money that his great-great-great-grandchildren will be able to live off the interest.

The only thing "trapping" him is his own ego.

But in the end isn't that a lot of powerful people's downfall?  Hitler...Napoleon...etc...  They end up becoming consumed with their own "god-like" status and view themselves as infallible.  

The more you have of any one thing, the less important it becomes as well.  All Brady has known is success since he has come into the NFL.  It has become cheap, easy to obtain...he believes it will always be there.  Sometimes you don't realize how good you've had it until it's gone.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Krafts love for Tom will be his teams downfall.  

"Tom knows Bill is the best coach in the league, but he's had enough of him. If Tom could, I think he would divorce him."

Downfall?  How many superbowls have they won?  I think every owner would be in love with possibly the best QB of all time.  

26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i wonder how the Patriots board is reacting to this tell-all book.

Probably something like this 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-new-england-patriots-1828719849/amp

These fans. These !@#$ing disgusting, wretched, miserable !@#$ fans. When Bill Simmons and Dave Portnoy are your standard-bearers, it’s not due to bad luck. That’s you, Boston (and L.A. via Boston). For every Pats fan out there who’s like WE’RE NOT LIKE THAT I SWEAR, there are 587 dudes with 12 avatars who very much are like that, and who are ready to SWAT your house the second you tweet a link to ESPN about this team farting in the opposing team’s water supply. Every bad thing about the team is fake news. Everyone outside the team has a sinister agenda to bring them down (this is true in my case). Everything is UNFAIR AND BIASED.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Bellichicks ego. He wants the credit.

Brady is good, but I tend to agree at least partially with BB. They went 11-5 with Cassell.

Brady is a smart, accurate, system QB

Remember that 11-5 was when they were stealing defensive calls.  How else would you explain Cassell success

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

My big problem with an article and book like this is it’s just completely littered with “one assistant says”, “a source close to the team says”, and 10 other different variations of that. 

These “journalists” can literally make this stuff up if they want to, and probably do half the time. There’s no accountability for it. And how pathetic do you have to be to request being an unnamed source? If you’re going to put something out there, be man enough to put your name on it. 

While I would love for there to be dissension in the Patriots world...it’s so hard to take stuff like this seriously when there’s so few names attached to these quotes. 

Sure, names attached to quotes is nice. That’s not going to happen in the real world, at least not until well after the key actors are gone. At that point the story becomes a lot less sexy. 

This is what happens when two people like Brady and Belichick dominate. In the back of each of their minds, they feel the most responsible for their domination and think they can do without the other.

In the case if Belichick gets his wish he will bite off more than he can chew. We have witnessed BB without Brady. He was OK.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I too feel trapped by the Brady and Belichick era and want out

at least I can understand the talent and minds here

there wasn't a 10% excuse when Griese and Shula stomped the Bills all 20 games of the 1970s

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

One can only hope, and at some point, it will be, Alex Guerrero voodoo notwithstanding

i guess it will be THE JETS get their turn to stomp us for a decade when they get an immmortal for a QB for a decade.....

thank goodness the Colts left the Bills division for the Peyton Era... probably not logistically with the moves, but that would have meant an auto 0-4 to Brady and Peyton every year

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i guess it will be THE JETS get their turn to stomp us for a decade when they get an immmortal for a QB for a decade.....

thank goodness the Colts left the Bills division for the Peyton Era... probably not logistically with the moves, but that would have meant an auto 0-4 to Brady and Peyton every year

Ugghh, the only thing worse than habitually losing to the Pats would be losing to the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets...I don't think I can take anymore lopsided division beatings over the course of the next decade, and no franchise deserves it less then the Jets (except for Miami, lol).