Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Oliver I’m a believer in building an elite defense from inside out ala the Bucs in their heyday with Warren Sapp and Booger Mcfarland besides Bosa kinda scares me since he just already had surgery 

The surgery was for a common sports hernia that was the result of him getting held and pulled down to the ground during a game. What scares you about this?

• 3 weeks later...

If you're drafting in the top three, and you don't trade down, and either one of those two guys is available, you almost have to draft him.  I don't think Buffalo will be drafting in the top three.  If they are drafting in the top 10, I still would seriously consider a trade down.  The positions of need for the Bills don't correspond with the talent at the top of the draft.  

I would trade down, but that was not the question. The question was, would I take Oliver or Bosa? And for me, I would take an elite DE over an elite DT any day. Besides, I think even if KW retires we got 3 solid guys there. DE is a premium position and with the Bosa family's pedigree, yes, I have to draft the Buckeye.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bosa is not returning to Ohio State... focusing on nfl after the injury 

Might as well. Guess he feels this won't impact his draft status.

I think him and his brother should focus less on yoga and more on tendon training as it's not helping prevent injuries.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Might as well. Guess he feels this won't impact his draft status.

I think him and his brother should focus less on yoga and more on tendon training as it's not helping prevent injuries.

Nothing would have prevented nick’s injury. He was held and then yanked to the ground while twisting coming around the corner by a TCU OL  in an egregious no-call. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, McBean said:

Trade back 100%.

We have too many holes.

Not so fast- lets get thru FA first. We can fill some holes that one- then the draft strategy will take place. I am not against trading back for extra picks, it is just too soon to think about it.

I would draft Bosa hands down but I worry that because of Bosa's decision, I don't think McDermott would consider him based on character.

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Not so fast- lets get thru FA first. We can fill some holes that one- then the draft strategy will take place. I am not against trading back for extra picks, it is just too soon to think about it.

I know we have a lot of cap space...but other teams have money too. I don't think that McDermott and Beane have done enough to ensure that Buffalo is an attractive landing spot for top UFAs. Their inability to put an NFL offense on the field, much less a NFL-caliber quarterback, has done a lot to hurt the Bills chances despite having money.

35 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Neither.     Gonna need offense 

It would be crazy to go defense in round 1 unless we added a lot of free agents to the offense. We need to trade down. We need a WR, TE, and 2 olinemen by the end of round 2.

4 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

I would draft Bosa hands down but I worry that because of Bosa's decision, I don't think McDermott would consider him based on character.

We have a good pass rush, our offense sucks. Bosa would make zero impact on our win total in 2019.

20 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I am 100% wanting to trade back unless there is a generational OT.

41 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I would trade down, but that was not the question. The question was, would I take Oliver or Bosa? And for me, I would take an elite DE over an elite DT any day. Besides, I think even if KW retires we got 3 solid guys there. DE is a premium position and with the Bosa family's pedigree, yes, I have to draft the Buckeye.

This makes sense

• Like (+1) 1