Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

7 hours ago, Pbomb said:

We already have 10 draft picks and over 60 mil in cap, you get the game changer when you get the chance

It would be such a Bills thing to do to take a DL #1 overall in a class full of them just like they did with Watkins in a WR heavy class

17 hours ago, JM57 said:

You do when you have 8-9 holes on offense and a few more on defense. Trade. Down.

No actually you dont

If you get a guy that single handidly can change a game for you (like Mack) then you draft that player and you use your 90 million in cap space (which they also have) to fill in those 9 holes......keep in mind they would also be drafting at the top of every round.....with 10 picks

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No actually you dont

If you get a guy that single handidly can change a game for you (like Mack) then you draft that player and you use your 90 million in cap space (which they also have) to fill in those 9 holes......keep in mind they would also be drafting at the top of every round.....with 10 picks

I dont think they actually care what YOU think.

You can either come along for the ride or not. 

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

It would be such a Bills thing to do to take a DL #1 overall in a class full of them just like they did with Watkins in a WR heavy class

I would be concerned about that if anyone who was with the Bills when that pick occurred are still there. As for the class of DL,  it is very good. It’s way too early to know where they will draft or who will be there and where they will all be ranked and the amount of difference between each one. There are typically only a handle of truly elite prospects in the draft inclusive of all positions. 

57 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No actually you dont

Take a look at the 2019 free agent class and tell me who is actually worth the money that hasn't been or won't be re-signed by their current teams. Free agency is for one or two spot signings, not  filling an entire side of the ball

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

Take a look at the 2019 free agent class and tell me who is actually worth the money that hasn't been or won't be re-signed by their current teams. Free agency is for one or two spot signings, not  filling an entire side of the ball

I would actually take the approach of Jacksonville a couple years ago and just overpay for a few guys from good teams like they did with Malik Jackson and Calais Campbell. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be concerned about that if anyone who was with the Bills when that pick occurred are still there. As for the class of DL,  it is very good. It’s way too early to know where they will draft or who will be there and where they will all be ranked and the amount of difference between each one. There are typically only a handle of truly elite prospects in the draft inclusive of all positions. 

It should still be a worry. This class looks absolutely stacked at DL, similar to the WR class I mentioned. Whatever flavor of lineman you want, it's there. There's Bosa, Oliver, the Clemson crew, Rashaan Gary, etc. If someone wants to pay you a premium to get to 1 TAKE IT

Just now, JM57 said:

It should still be a worry. This class looks absolutely stacked at DL, similar to the WR class I mentioned. Whatever flavor of lineman you want, it's there. There's Bosa, Oliver, the Clemson crew, Rashaan Gary, etc. If someone wants to pay you a premium to get to 1 TAKE IT

I wouldn’t take Gary or the Clemson crew that high. That’s going second rate instead of first rate. I watch a lot of these guys. If you want good and not great at the benefit of picking up more players, that’s a different story and Ive already said I’m taking offense in the 1st. But those aren’t the same prospects. 

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'd draft a QB, especially if we finish dead last.

I do wonder about the "Deshone Kizer" potential of Allen.  If he looks lost and is turning the ball over constantly, meanwhile a "no doubt" QB pops (like the guy wearing #7 for OSU...) you take the QB at one.

Realistically, assuming all holds and Allen shows enough to move forward with him (big assumption), the best case scenario would be the team at #3 (Giants?) giving a haul to get the QB they like, then taking whoever is there at 3 between Bosa and Oliver.

3 hours ago, JM57 said:

hence the 9 other draft picks...they cannot all be 1st rounders

5 hours ago, JM57 said:

They took Bruce Smith #1 overall how'd that work out.

7 hours ago, JM57 said:

Pay attention to the trends of the league. Your best window to win is with a QB on his rookie deal before he starts chewing up a significant portion of the cap. 

Yup and build a stout Defense.  Thanks for helping.

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

They took Bruce Smith #1 overall how'd that work out.

Yup and build a stout Defense.  Thanks for helping.

Ah yes run and stop the run the old Buffalo football staple while we wonder aloud why the team hasn't been good for 20 years.

Comparing Nick Bosa to Bruce Smith is..something else

Edited by JM57

13 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Ah yes run and stop the run the old Buffalo football staple while we wonder aloud why the team hasn't been good for 20 years.

Comparing Nick Bosa to Bruce Smith is..something else

No one compared him to Bruce.

The difference is that we likely have the QB. 

You people act like we have no cap space and the only pick we would have is 1st overall.  Sheesh what has happened to TBD.

24 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If we have number 1, best case scenario in my opinion is trade down to 3 or 4 pick up additional picks and take either the left over bosa/oliver if the trade up was for qb or take one of the highly rated offensive tackles coming out

Careful you're going to get the others all worked up with your smart ideas.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Ding ding ding!  It might be the deepest defensive line draft in NFL history.  We have too many holes and if a deal is there which there likely will be, you trade back and get more picks.  I would rather have a top ten pick, a first in 2020 and additional picks in 2019 than either of those two. 

Reminds me of the year we took Darius. I really wanted to trade down.  I really liked Cam Jordan.  JJ watt was a stud.  And also thought Robert Quinn woulda looked great for the bills. 

Turns out Darius was the worst of the bunch and was taken first.  

TRADE BACK.  it's like hunting with a shot gun v a sniper rifle.  Considering the bills scouts are legally blind it makes that much more sense too