Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Forget those guys. I found Sean’s #1 pick. :). Bald too. 

The product of Highland, Illinois, wasn’t smiling as he walked off, either. The 6-foot-4, 325-pound Farmer said he’s been serious about what he can do — what the team can do — with a little more direction than what the previous staff provided. He was serious about recovering from a leg injury that cut short his 2017 season after eight games. He was serious about increasing his strength and is now lifting up to 765 pounds.

“Whenever I first came to Nebraska, I had the goal of, ‘Oh, I want to squat 700 pounds one day,’ ” Farmer said. “I was thinking, ‘That’s a goal that I could achieve, but I’m going to have to really put in a whole bunch of hard work to get there.’ So now I’m squatting close to 800 pounds, so I need to set a new goal. I’m thinking maybe 1,000 pounds.”

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/tanner-farmer-believes-he-can-lift-pounds-and-win-a/article_5f70d460-180b-5727-9dcf-28fa912cf7bd.html

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

If they pick first overal then you trade down.  The roster is in need of a major addition of talent 

I agree, but it’s not possible every year.  When there isn’t a big-time QB available, it can be hard to find a partner willing to trade a boatload of picks.  

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Agreed. Here is hoping somebody falls in love with a quarterback 

Before the new rookie wage scale came into being, the top pick was sometimes a hot potato.  It’s better now...and this looks like a pretty good draft.

Edited by mannc

12 hours ago, wppete said:

I would draft Bosa. He is a stud. Better than his brother. 

really?....serious question,  i haven't watched him yet.

11 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Stay at 1 for gods sake.  No brainer.  This team needs top end talent.  

not only that, but having 10 picks means we can stay put and even use a few on the back end to trade up.  if we are picking high in round one that means we are picking high in every round. i would go bpa with out a doubt.  we could end up hitting on a half dozen picks in the 1st 4 rounds.

The best case scenario is Josh Allen leads us to 4-5 wins and we're not in discussion for #1 overall. Much more important for us going into next year knowing he's the guy then him going 1-15, us not being sure and taking Bosa #1.

I'm hoping we go 4-12 pick #5 and take either of these guys who all immediately improve our team

1. Jonah Williams-T Alabama 6'5 310

2. D.K. Metcalf-WR Ole Miss 6'4 225
3. Brian Burns-DE Florida State 6'5 245

23 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The best case scenario is Josh Allen leads us to 4-5 wins and we're not in discussion for #1 overall. Much more important for us going into next year knowing he's the guy then him going 1-15, us not being sure and taking Bosa #1.

I'm hoping we go 4-12 pick #5 and take either of these guys who all immediately improve our team

1. Jonah Williams-T Alabama 6'5 310

2. D.K. Metcalf-WR Ole Miss 6'4 225
3. Brian Burns-DE Florida State 6'5 245

Even 4-12 likely won’t have us at 5. How many NFL teams are going to win less than 4? At the moment we are clearly the worst team in the league. Arizona may be next but they play Seattle twice. They also have the Broncos, Raiders and Lions at home. They have some wins on that schedule. I don’t see the Bills winning more than 4 (max) and that probably still gets you the 1st pick IMO. 

13 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Just for conversation....

Just assuming the Bill's get the first pick..which we certainly maynot..and your the GM would you draft Bosa or Oliver?

I dont watch alot of college so my expertise is limited to highlights...which means I have no clue...but Bosa obviously is a prolific pass rusher...but Oliver to me seems like more of an overall disruptive force.

Who would you guys rather have on the Bills?  

Sell the pick off getting a good package for that QB needy team. 

Could all likely go to 5 getting many more picks and have a shot at one or both these players. 

I think Phillips will replace Kyle if he retires, we have no one really for DE. Not sure if Hughes is on his last year or has one more, either way we will need a DE for sure.

Bosa all day, but if we dont have #1 then Oliver is a good consolation prize

Obviously you haven't been around as a Bills fan long enough.  Here's the way it works. The Bills are front-runners for the #1 pick all year.  They love and need Bosa. The season looks like a disaster then in meaningless December games when the Patriots and Dolphins are resting starters, we go and WIN!!!! Woo-hoo, we end up 4-12 and pick 3rd or 4th and both guys are off the board, so we grab the best OT and hope he pans out.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Obviously you haven't been around as a Bills fan long enough.  Here's the way it works. The Bills are front-runners for the #1 pick all year.  They love and need Bosa. The season looks like a disaster then in meaningless December games when the Patriots and Dolphins are resting starters, we go and WIN!!!! Woo-hoo, we end up 4-12 and pick 3rd or 4th and both guys are off the board, so we grab the best OT and hope he pans out.

Oh I'm fully aware of how it's gone down in the past.  Again this is just for fun who knows where we actually end up picking.  

52 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I am among those who would trade back if I could, just not too far.  If trading back was not an option, then Oliver would be my pick.  

It's very difficult to find a scenario where that has been successful in the past 10 years.  In most cases you are better off drafting the better player.

Oliver.  I think we can find a pass rusher in free agency with all that money we have.  Ansah & Lawrence should be available, as will Fowler.  We should try and secure one of those 3.  

If he has potential to be someone incredibly disruptive like donald or cox, it just makes you so hard to play against. 

Edited by dneveu