Would you draft Oliver or Bosa?

Skins Malone

35 minutes ago, McBean said:

Trade back 100%.

We have too many holes.

I’m good with that, but not out of the (pretty) sure fire stud range....whatever that may be. If there are, say, 12 top players, be sure you get one of those plus the other pick(s). We can still get a difference maker rather than far more maybe’s. 

1 minute ago, billsfan2298 said:

If we had the first pick, are there any really good QBs that a team would try to trade up for?

Who is the guy from (is it) Oregon?  Problem is, most of the worst teams have picked a QB recently, so they’d have more work to do to trade up. 

As I said...if for whatever reason the Bill's decided to stay at one and if it was between these two who would u take  I know alot of people on the board like Bosa and for good reason..but I havent heard much about Oliver...curious on your guys thoughts on him.

Thanks for the replies good discussion so far.

Edited by Skins Malone

Bosa for me (assuming no trade back). He’s a guy that’s getting 12+ sacks the day he gets there. He is a guy that transforms the entire defense. You see what Khalil Mack is doing in Chicago. Elite pass rushers change games.

Ed Oliver is one of the best college players that I can remember but the position value just isn’t there to me. He’s going to be a phenomenal pro but I don’t think that he can transform a defense like Bosa can. 

• Like (+1) 5

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
6 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Trading back doesn't always warrant success... Look how well it for the Browns when the Falcons moved up for Julio Jones (for Phil Taylor and crap), Bills for Watkins (Justin Gilbert and Cameron Erving), and Titans for Jack Conklin (Corey Coleman). 

So many of us have said how unfortunate it's been that we've been in the 7-9 range and blocked from taking an elite prospect in the past, and if we are this bad, what more would change our fortune than a top 5 pick? 

Ed Oliver looks like the next Aaron Donald to me. He would be my pick, but time will tell how things are looking. Last offseason was long enough, and this upcoming one will drag along worse. 

I see what you are saying about the Browns, but their problem was they kept passing on good QB's.  We took our shot at our QB and won't be drafting one early next year. 

Ed Oliver looks like a great prospect but considering where this team is right now, I would rather take my chances with a haul of high picks and many prospects, one of which would still probably be top 10, than hoping one prospect is able to avoid injuries and and hit his high end potential.  This team needs offense so bad and like I said it's a deep draft for defensive lineman.

I would put Joey Bosa third best pass rusher in the league behind Kahlil Mack and Von Miller.  Joey Bosa is adamant that his younger brother Nick Bosa is better and further along than he was....I think Nick Bosa is and should be the consensus number one pick now and at draft time.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Trade back for OL and WR seems right.

What if the O-line prospects aren't as good as Bosa?

The last 2 "future HOF" LTst the Bills draft were a TE and a @2nd rounder.

Save 1st round picks for game changers.  It's what smart teams do.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I wonder how many teams would be willing to trade up for Bosa at 1

I think there will be interest. The Saints gave an additional 1st for Marcus Davenport and he is nowhere near the prospect that Bosa is. Pass rushers don’t ever hit the market anymore. Teams don’t let them go. The only exception is if you look like Bucky Larson, pay Jon Gruden $10M a year, and then can’t afford Mack. The Bears also paid multiple 1st’s to get him. You have to draft pass rush.

3 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Trading down would be my first choice.

Between Bosa and Oliver, I'd take Oliver.  His game is very very similar to Aaron Donald.

Also, Bosa just suffered a fairly significant injury that will keep him out until the endo of the season at best.

He will be back in a month to 6 weeks. He COULD play as soon as Penn State in a week and a half.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think there will be interest. The Saints gave an additional 1st for Marcus Davenport and he is nowhere near the prospect that Bosa is. Pass rushers don’t ever hit the market anymore. Teams don’t let them go. The only exception is if you look like Bucky Larson, pay Jon Gruden $10M a year, and then can’t afford Mack. The Bears also paid multiple 1st’s to get him. You have to draft pass rush.

I agree with that.  And when they do come on the market...Mario williams... Mack...your going to pay a small fortune.

Edited by Skins Malone

2 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I agree with that.  And when they do come on the market...Mario williams... Mack...your going to pay a small fortune.

Get those five “cheap” years out of college, then decide how to go forward. The great ones are worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Trading down would be my first choice.

Between Bosa and Oliver, I'd take Oliver.  His game is very very similar to Aaron Donald.

Also, Bosa just suffered a fairly significant injury that will keep him out until the endo of the season at best.

We don’t know how long he will be out. Do you mean “at worst”? 

• Like (+1) 1